how highly do you rate the current barcelona side?

GOAT

They are a good side but I feel they are a bit overated

Stupid... Oh I see, you're a female.

Spot on. They don't have a clue about football. Stick to rating the players arses darling. :craphead:

Try going out and playing a real game of football and then you appreciate how good these guys actually are.

doh I said they were good and they play attractive football (you hear that football, not footballers ;) ) but I do think they are a tad overated, if they were so invincable they wouldnt have lost to Inter and Real wouldnt have ran them so close to winning the title.

If they were so invincible Real wouldn't have ran them so close for the title

Barcelona beat Real Madrid home & away. That's all they can do. Real ran them close because they were fantastic against everybody else in the league apart from Barcelona who just had too much quality for them.

How does Real being miles better than the rest of La Liga detract from Barcelona's quality? doh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, this current Real team - judging by this season and primarily La Liga - must be right up there with Barca?!

Okay they lost in the two games against Barca, but had a better record against the rest of the league.

No doubting they are playing probably the best football ever at times, however no one can argues that their trophy tally this season is conducive to being the "best ever".

But, this current Real team - judging by this season and primarily La Liga - must be right up there with Barca?!

Okay they lost in the two games against Barca, but had a better record against the rest of the league.

No doubting they are playing probably the best football ever at times, however no one can argues that their trophy tally this season is conducive to being the "best ever".

But people don't judge this Barcelona team purely on this year alone.

They judge it on the 08/09 season, this season and the potential to be even better.

no point in comparing them to other sides from the past, football is miles different now

back in the 90's, when italian teams were dominating, the game was a lot more slower, patience based, "boring" football as they call it

and only the young and arrogant ajax side had the brass nuts to try and change that (typical dutch football eh), and it worked

then you have the man united team that won the treble back in 99 was it

a team full of flair, skills, and steel grit, fergie found the perfect mix that year

hell remember the arsenal side that went 49 games unbeaten was it? was it more even in the EPL

that arsenal side were breathtaking at times as well

the difference i feel between the current barca team and the invincible teams of the past is that barca are relying on messi to much, if he was crocked for the same games as ronaldo was for real this year, would they have won la liga?

But people don't judge this Barcelona team purely on this year alone.

They judge it on the 08/09 season, this season and the potential to be even better.

Yes, but if they are being judged thus far on this season and last, it doesn't compare with Ajax in the 70's for example, where they won the double in 71', treble in 72', then the double again in 73' - securing a second consecutive European Cup.

Maybe they have the potential and might go on to be the best ever, but at the moment, success wise, they surely aren't.

Even Bayern's achievements in the 70's eclipses Barca's, currently.

Too one dimensional, in the sense if it ain't working there's no plan B, ibrahimovic should have solved that in terms of a tall target man but it just didn't quite work out. The champions league game against inter proved that IMO. Saying that when it works it's stunning!

Also have the people who are saying they're going back because of real closing the gap - look at how

much they spent in the summer!!!

What a team and what a manager.

The official top 4 players in the world are; Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi and Iniesta. Barcelona have 3 of them!

A very good GK in Voctor Valdes, the second best RB in the world (Maicon before Alves IMO), one of the best young CB's in the world, the warrior that is Carles Puyol, the best passer of the ball in world football, the creatve genius of Iniesta, the best player in the world, one of the most lethal finishers in world football and the talented Pedro Rodriguez.

The only real weakness in their side is at LB IMO. Abidal is 30 now and although Maxwell has had a very good first season at Barcelona I don't think he is that great defensively.

The official top 4 players in the world are; Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi and Iniesta. Barcelona have 3 of them!

A very good GK in Voctor Valdes, the second best RB in the world (Maicon before Alves IMO), one of the best young CB's in the world, the warrior that is Carles Puyol, the best passer of the ball in world football, the creatve genius of Iniesta, the best player in the world, one of the most lethal finishers in world football and the talented Pedro Rodriguez.

The only real weakness in their side is at LB IMO. Abidal is 30 now and although Maxwell has had a very good first season at Barcelona I don't think he is that great defensively.

You got this list handy, mate?

I'd also say that Busquets is a weakness, IMO. I much prefer Yaya Toure to Sergio Busquets. However for some reason, Guardiola rates Busquets higher than Toure. Who am I to judge though?

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

He rates Toure higher, although he has been injured recently.

Toure is a superb player IMO.

You got this list handy, mate?

I'm going by the official Ballon d'Or list of 2009.

1. Messi

2. Ronaldo

3. Xavi

4. Iniesta

5. Eto'o

6. Kaka

7. Ibrahimovic

8. Rooney

9. Drogba

10. Gerrard

Yaya Toure is vital for Barcelona in the CL.

Busquets is a good player but Toure is the better player IMO. He is much more than this defensive midfielder people make him out to be.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

He's incredibly powerful on the ball, his run for Messi's goal (IIRC) was brilliant.

He is a fucking machine! The amount of times he just leans into opponents when they try to tackle him and they end up bouncng off him.

And fair play to him because he was out of favour with Guardiola earlier on in the season when he said he was overweight but he has came back leaner, fitter and a better player.

Simply the best team i have ever seen play in my time.

Hear a lot about the old Madrid team from years ago Puskas and De Stefano etc but this barca team can go on to exceptional things with the team they have.

If they sign torres its just mouthwatering.

I agree El Classico was the greatest performance from a team I have ever seen