burning torrents to dvd

Jimfanciesthedude

last night i managed to burn "how to train a dragon" for the wee man, took me a while to get it sorted (had to use windows media centre as fuck all else worked for some reason)

then i tried the same again with the first 3 episodes of stargate atlantis, done everything exactly the same but it didnt work and now the dvd drive is fucking unresponsive most of the time

so heres my question, how do you actually do it easily

btw, to add, i had to download DivX to watch the torrents (its a new computer we have) as both WMP and quicktime both didnt play the files, but all the files are DivX (didnt think that would make a difference)

so can anyone help,

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Usually you have to convert it to DVD format, then I burn it

ConvertXtoDVD does it all for you.

Heres my how to i had to do as so many peeps kept asking me how its done.

Convert x set up.

Run program install the key thats with the text file.

Ok first thing first make a folder on desktop so you can save the dvds you make there call it whatever you want.

Run convertx up to click settings then general.

You will see a box working folder change that to the one you have just made on desktop.

Untick check internet for updates.

Next click dvd specification make sure it on (ntsc) for usa and (pal) for uk and europe.

Now click burning change the top box to iso image in working folder under this you can change the dvd name to what you want i.e. Davybusters.

Click dvd menus chose what you want the dvds to look like.

Now click on encoding change it to HQ as it will use up all the dvd and not lose any quailty if you put one or more on a dvd.

Dvds you make are 6 hours long so you can put a few movies on this but the more you put on the quailty not as good also finger prints are bad on a home made dvd as it tends to make dvds skip jump and plain just stop working.

Final note dvds are recorded on from the middle to the outside of the dvd so a finger print on the end of a disk will get you to missing end of a movie you have downloaded and ripped, annoyingly and making you think it was a crappy disk when mostly it was just a big print you can wipe with a cloth.

Thats it.

Convert x set up.

Ok first thing first make a folder on desktop so you can save the dvds you make there call it whatever you want.

You will see a box working folder change that to the one you have just made on desktop.

Next click dvd specification make sure it on (ntsc) for usa and (pal) for uk and europe.

Now click burning change the top box to iso image in working folder under this you can change the dvd name to what you want i.e. Davybusters.

Now click on encoding change it to HQ as it will use up all the dvd and not lose any quailty if you put one or more on a dvd.

Dvds you make are 6 hours long so you can put a few movies on this but the more you put on the quailty not as good also finger prints are bad on a home made dvd as it tends to make dvds skip jump and plain just stop working.

Final note dvds are recorded on from the middle to the outside of the dvd so a finger print on the end of a disk will get you to missing end of a movie you have downloaded and ripped, annoyingly and making you think it was a crappy disk when mostly it was just a big print you can wipe with a cloth.

Thats it.

mate that went right over my head :lol:

Download the torrent,Google Gom player...install it,that will play your files(including DivX).

Use windows DVD maker which should be on your comp.

You won't need a converter unless its in DVD format,as long as it's AVI file or similar Windows DVD maker will convert and burn anything up to

2 and a half hours worth and you can make your own menus.

Download the torrent,Google Gom player...install it,that will play your files(including DivX).

Use windows DVD maker which should be on your comp.

You won't need a converter unless its in DVD format,as long as it's AVI file or similar Windows DVD maker will convert and burn anything up to

2 and a half hours worth.

that windows DVD maker kept freezing when i chose my DivX torrent last night mate

Convert x set up.

Thats it.

mate that went right over my head :lol:

This is what you do when you are installing convertx , just a get up and running guide so you do spend ages messing around with it.

Then when its all setup drag and drop press convert away you go.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

is convertXtodvd a free programme sandy?

I'm not sure, I may have cracked it.