How did you end up a Bear?

For me, there was a number of factors. My dad was a Rangers fan so it was always going to be likely I would be too. But there were other reasons too. The first players I knew of were Gazza, Laudrup, McCoist etc and immediately as a wee guy Gazza was my hero, everytime he got the ball you knew something would happen. Just wondering about you guys? And especially those Bears abroad?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I began supporting Rangers because it was a family cause, given that my family came to Canada from Northern Ireland. I can't prove this but I think it was a fair assumption that most Rangers supporters abroad have either family or cultural links to Britain. (Or came to Rangers from supporting a particular player coming from their shores to Ibrox.)

Always go to matches at Ibrox when visiting family.

I was in a nice warm place, next thing i'm getting pushed out a hole then some chunt whacks me on the arse then tells me i'm a Bluenose and welcome to the world Kunta Kinte :craphead:

My methadone addicted girlfriend asked me to choose between her or the blues....i chose the blues.

Seriously tho, was my brother in law that got me into Rangers (from about the age of 5) my dad's never been a big football supporter.

Have now got my mum supporting the gers tho......should have seen the state of her at the pen shootout in the semi's of the UEFA cup....thought she was gonna have a heart attack with all the tension!