How did you end up a Bear?

i had no choice in the matter. my old man took me to my first game at the tender age of 22 months.the rest is history. been rangers daft ever since. thank fuck for bad parenting eh.

No thank fuck for good parenting. He could have left you alone with a priest

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had no choice in the matter. my old man took me to my first game at the tender age of 22 months.the rest is history. been rangers daft ever since. thank fuck for bad parenting eh.

i hear the catholic church have issued a statement saying that there is no room for peodos in the catholic church!---as all positions have now been filled!! :uk:

i hear the catholic church have issued a statement saying that there is no room for peodos in the catholic church!---as all children have now been filled!! :uk:

Fixed. (tu)

Uncle runs a supporters bus and used to take me when I was a nipper, then I got a season ticket when I was old enough to go myself and understand the fitba.

i chose to support Rangers when i was about 6 years old.

a bit odd maybe as although my dad was an Orangeman he wasn't into football. My grandad was an Orangeman and supported Hearts. Somehow i chose Rangers and it's been a big part of me ever since.

I've chosen Rangers for my 3 daughters and my boy too, just to ensure they don't get wooed by some English team down here.

People saying I born a Rangers fan are boring tongue.gif we all were chosen too haha

My first memories of knowing I was a Rangers fan was age 4 in 1994 I really think Ally had a big influence at that age I always got excited when the other players passed it to him I expected him to score and went mental when he did he was such a character as a player and still is but was my hero growing up. Laudrup would leave me amazed too with his tricks at that age I grew attached to all the players couldn't remember most of the names but knew them from seeing them the likes of Bomber McCall(loved the ginger mullet haha) Ferguson Durrant and ofcourse Gorman loved how a wee podgy guy could fly from one end of the goal and save everything!. My granda who claimed he supported Motherwell must have had great eye-sight to see Motherwell from the Copland front every week laugh.gif anyway he used to tell me when we watched the games look at him he will not let the player go by him or will not lose that header "Gough" and sure enough he didn't. I guess it just took off from that also my favourite colour was blue, I was never fond of green and disliked people in green and white and anyone else who always wanted Rangers to lose that made me like them more...and the rest is history learned all about the traditions of our fine club and followed them ever since uk.gif

My Dad took me in 1976 to my first game as we were about to win the league and then i went to cup final when we beat Hearts.

I have a photo of me aged 1 with a Rangers hat and scarf on ...so been a Bear since 1970 :uk:

I preferred women, not little boys so the choice was made for me...

My parents brought me up supporting QPR as they were born in St. John's Wood in London, and as a consequence from a very young age told me I supported "Rangers". So from maybe 6 years old (1975), I always supported Rangers. The older I got, the less interest I had in QPR although I did have a season ticket there for about three years in the eighties and travelled up to Ibrox whenever funds permitted (it was about a 650 mile round trip from my home town, Leicester). When I reached about 20 years old and had more money (late eighties), I would drive up to a few matches each month. I always loved it. The only tricky thing was that I could never get away tickets through Rangers so had to sit in the 'home' end at matches. Pretty frustrating as the atmosphere in the Rangers end always looked so good at away matches. I moved to Greece in 2004 and Australia in 2007 so I haven't been able to get to matches for many years. I subscribe to Rangers TV and have Setanta in Australia so still see nearly every game.

Like a lot of others, through my Old Man. I can trace his support of Rangers back to one game. My grandfather was a Third Lanark fan but never took my father and the latter began watching Rangers one week and Clyde the next. Then on 25-9-1946 there was a Glasgow Cup replay between Rangers and Clyde at Ibrox that ended with Clyde winning 4-2. There was some injustice that led to my dad supporting only Rangers from then on and he only returned to Shawfield as a Bear.