Rangers’ Bougherra in World Cup fitness doubt

Not physio minded, but I'm sure it's more serious than a strain, I'm sure it's a torn muscle, I remember a while back (might be the same injury), that he had a hole in the muscle, either it's the same injury or possible it never got the chance to recover properly in the first place?

Im no physio either, but medically speaking, a calf strain and a torn calf are the same thing. The severity of a "strain" is determined by the grade of tear rather than the name of the injury.

Grade 1 Is the lowest and generally refers to a few (less than 10%) of the fibres being torn, grade 2 is when 10-90% of the fibres tear and the worst, a grade 3 tear, is a full rupture.

Am I making it obvious that I'm coming back from one of these injuries myself :lol:

Not physio minded, but I'm sure it's more serious than a strain, I'm sure it's a torn muscle, I remember a while back (might be the same injury), that he had a hole in the muscle, either it's the same injury or possible it never got the chance to recover properly in the first place?

Im no physio either, but medically speaking, a calf strain and a torn calf are the same thing. The severity of a "strain" is determined by the grade of tear rather than the name of the injury.

Grade 1 Is the lowest and generally refers to a few (less than 10%) of the fibres being torn, grade 2 is when 10-90% of the fibres tear and the worst, a grade 3 tear, is a full rupture.

Am I making it obvious that I'm coming back from one of these injuries myself :lol:

Just slightly :craphead:

DBBTB is correct there are 3 types of strains and the grade of it tells you how serious the injury is.

A garde 1 strain will usually take around 2 weeks to fully recover from as it is only a small muscle tear and with sufficient rest and treatment you will be fine in 10-14 days. A grade 2 strain is when there is a partial tear in the muscle that will keep you out for 4-6 weeks while a grade 3 strain is a complete rupture and will take around 6-12 weeks to fully recover.

So Bougherra would have a grade 2 calf strain or he could be swinging the lead?

DBBTB is correct there are 3 types of strains and the grade of it tells you how serious the injury is.

A garde 1 strain will usually take around 2 weeks to fully recover from as it is only a small muscle tear and with sufficient rest and treatment you will be fine in 10-14 days. A grade 2 strain is when there is a partial tear in the muscle that will keep you out for 4-6 weeks while a grade 3 strain is a complete rupture and will take around 6-12 weeks to fully recover.

Well if it's a grade 2 strain then the timings are about right, with the amount of games missed etc, and for a friendly no point in rushing him back?

Well if it's a grade 2 strain then the timings are about right, with the amount of games missed etc, and for a friendly no point in rushing him back?

Possibly although both Bougherra and Walter said he would be back before the end of the season.

Probably all that partying he had been doing after winning the league :pipe:

I was watching the 3-0 Tannadice Championship winning game recently, and the thing that I noticed was how much leaner Boogie was last season compared to this season. He looks like he's about a stone heavier and that may have something to do with his injury proneness (if thats a word)!

At least now I'm sure he must have still be injured at the end of the season. All the best on his recovery and his World Cup performances to boost his value should we sell.

Tore my calf muscle a few years ago and couldn't train properly for months. Also had do do special stretching every time pre exercise because of scar tissue. An intensive World Cup might lead to a longer term injury if he's struggling just now - I hope not!

WELL,WELL,WELL,NOW YOU BELIEVE THAT HE'S INJURED HEN!!!

FOR THOSE WHO DOUBTED HIM AND STARTED QUESTIONNING HIS COMMITMENT FOR THE CLUB.

couldnt care if he's injured now tbh, our season is over so it means nothing to me, and i know u dont mean the last 2 parts

he seems to be increasingly injury prone...but hope he can make it he is a key player for Algeria and they have to give England a good run for their money :sherlock:

we have top quality players who can replace him,you see that's the difference between rangers and algeria,we love boughy that's for sure but he ain't god,,,

WELL,WELL,WELL,NOW YOU BELIEVE THAT HE'S INJURED HEN!!!

FOR THOSE WHO DOUBTED HIM AND STARTED QUESTIONNING HIS COMMITMENT FOR THE CLUB.

boughy i would like to remind you this is a Rangers forum and your more than welcome on here but your comment about hoping he runs his contract down isnt what i want to read so i hope you edit that (tu)

he seems to be increasingly injury prone...but hope he can make it he is a key player for Algeria and they have to give England a good run for their money :sherlock:

we have top quality players who can replace him,you see that's the difference between rangers and algeria,we love boughy that's for sure but he ain't god,,,

considering we had 2 replace him for more than half of the season we didn't do 2 badly without him, he's not god here either

considering we had 2 replace him for more than half of the season we didn't do 2 badly without him, he's not god here either

well i hope not,cos for the last few mounths nearly all conversations seemed to have boughy involved in a way or another...

by the way,this is the irish team list,see if you spot the anomaly :P

Keiren Westwood (Coventry), Joe Murphy (Scunthorpe), Brian Murphy (Ipswich) - Eddie Nolan (Sheffield Wednesday), Stephen Kelly (Fulham), Paul McShane (Hull), John O'Shea (Manchester United), Greg Cunningham (Manchester City), Sean St Ledger (Preston), Kevin Foley (Wolves), Darren O'Dea (Celtic) - Damien Duff (Fulham), Keith Treacy (Preston), Glenn Whelan (Stoke), Keith Andrews (Blackburn), Liam Lawrence (Stoke), Keith Fahey (Birmingham), Paul Green (Derby) - Robbie Keane (Tottenham), Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Leon Best (Newcastle), Shane Long (Reading), Anthony Stokes (Hibernian), Cillian Sheridan (St. Johnstone

jammy barsteward,,,,he's lucky his soulmate's not playing,but we have some strong and hard footbreakers don't worry,we'll make some rangers fans happy.

p.s:game live on sky1 just in case some of yous wanna start getting used to how to support us in the world cup :D

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Fuck off with your pish-spouting.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't care less . Bougherra played less games than Danny Wilson, and he missed a good few games. Take the money if it get's offered, players like before come and go, we are Glasgow Rangers , no player is bigger than the club. We have a tendencey to unearth a gem who can play in that depatment of the team, so if Wilson OR/AND Boogie leave , we will survive.