I Shouldn't Have Axed You Barry

well its taken 4 years but fair play to him for having the guts to own up to a mistake. Still very disappointed with the way le guens short spell at the club went, i had high hopes for him when we signed him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's different factors in his failure

Buying the wrong players for the SPL and the refusal of the existing players to change age old habits

I would've gave him more time but sadly most Rangers fans have absolutely no patience. Everything is geared towards finishing above Celtic and woe betide anyone who needs a bit of time to do it.

This is why we will never, ever build a team that could be a force in Europe. This is why we are so much debt, quick fix buys to trump the tims in the SPL

Buying the wrong players for the SPL and the refusal of the existing players to change age old habits

I would've gave him more time but sadly most Rangers fans have absolutely no patience. Everything is geared towards finishing above Celtic and woe betide anyone who needs a bit of time to do it.

This is why we will never, ever build a team that could be a force in Europe. This is why we are so much debt, quick fix buys to trump the tims in the SPL

Well said.

Parochialism rules!

Spot on (tu)

Good post (tu)

All I ever say on the PLG era was that his promised transfer budget was absolutely torn apart by Alex McLeish managing to finish third in a two horse race the previous season.

I don't think we were able to see what PLG could do after that.

He has won fcuk all outside France, and a monkey at the helm could have won with Lyon at the time. And as another poster said nae bottle, these french surrender monkeys shite it a the sound of boots on cobbles so what chance had he against a drunk Scotsman? Nae chance ! He was a fanny then and he's a fanny now. Hiding in the long grass with Cameroon ! :sherlock:

PS - Monster Munch Loyal !

I'd have liked to hear the full interview with him on el chicko's 'Managing the Old Firm' special on Sportsound today, but missed it due to watching the Blackpool game. It was on between 16.00 & 17.00 but they don't have a listen again feature for it on the website.

I don't understand why anyone is making out as if PLG has all of a sudden come out and started admitting failures/mistakes. He did an interview for BBC Radio Scotland, was asked certain questions and simply answered them.

He has won fcuk all outside France, and a monkey at the helm could have won with Lyon at the time. And as another poster said nae bottle, these french surrender monkeys shite it a the sound of boots on cobbles so what chance had he against a drunk Scotsman? Nae chance ! He was a fanny then and he's a fanny now. Hiding in the long grass with Cameroon ! :sherlock:

Your post, with the relevant adjustments, could describe Walter Smith!

Edit: The first sentence, that should have said.:-)

He has won fcuk all outside France, and a monkey at the helm could have won with Lyon at the time. And as another poster said nae bottle, these french surrender monkeys shite it a the sound of boots on cobbles so what chance had he against a drunk Scotsman? Nae chance ! He was a fanny then and he's a fanny now. Hiding in the long grass with Cameroon ! 10310.gif

And with those relevant adjustments it would still be a poorly constructed pile of wank

I think over time he could have done a goo job with us. But we didn't have time. I remember the expectations when he came, i was expecting him to produce players like Essien for fun, and sign players like Govou. It just didn't happen (td)

Also remember when he dumped Ricksen <cr>:anguish:

And banned the players from drinking and all sorts. He just tried too much too quickly. And he didn't show much passion

He has won fcuk all outside France, and a monkey at the helm could have won with Lyon at the time. And as another poster said nae bottle, these french surrender monkeys shite it a the sound of boots on cobbles so what chance had he against a drunk Scotsman? Nae chance ! He was a fanny then and he's a fanny now. Hiding in the long grass with Cameroon ! 10310.gif

And with those relevant adjustments it would still be a poorly constructed pile of wank

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

:sherlock:

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

:sherlock:

Toovum subtleium. :-D

10310.gif

meus contemptio fopr vos est universa

All I ever say on the PLG era was that his promised transfer budget was absolutely torn apart by Alex McLeish managing to finish third in a two horse race the previous season.

I sort of remember PLG saying he had a bigger budget than he used but he felt he didn't need it !!?? - his lack of homework, managerial skill and poor results did him in! A decent manager would be able to handle unruly players, buy in some decent ones and motivate them - PLG managed none of the above (papac excepted - and he signed him as a CH!)

Thats an unbelievable statement in my opinion.

Big Ecks record up against the all-singing all-dancing Martin O'Squeal speaks for itself. How you can blame Alex McCleish (who was let down by the players, a section of the support & ultimately by Murray) for that arrogant fucking bead-rattling Frenchmans shortcomings & total ignorance of Scottish football is dreadful.

Fucking gobsmacked by that......really. Pish poor.

Thats an unbelievable statement in my opinion.

Big Ecks record up against the all-singing all-dancing Martin O'Squeal speaks for itself. How you can blame Alex McCleish (who was let down by the players, a section of the support & ultimately by Murray) for that arrogant fucking bead-rattling Frenchmans shortcomings & total ignorance of Scottish football is dreadful.

Fucking gobsmacked by that......really. Pish poor.

After McLeish left the support, the players and Murray all took a good long look at themselves and changed their ways?

There are plenty who should take a share of the blame.