I Shouldn't Have Axed You Barry

All I ever say on the PLG era was that his promised transfer budget was absolutely torn apart by Alex McLeish managing to finish third in a two horse race the previous season.

I don't think we were able to see what PLG could do after that.

Thats an unbelievable statement in my opinion.

Big Ecks record up against the all-singing all-dancing Martin O'Squeal speaks for itself. How you can blame Alex McCleish (who was let down by the players, a section of the support & ultimately by Murray) for that arrogant fucking bead-rattling Frenchmans shortcomings & total ignorance of Scottish football is dreadful.

Fucking gobsmacked by that......really. Pish poor.

After McLeish left the support, the players and Murray all took a good long look at themselves and changed their ways?

There are plenty who should take a share of the blame.

Is there a point to that post that I am failing to see?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I ever say on the PLG era was that his promised transfer budget was absolutely torn apart by Alex McLeish managing to finish third in a two horse race the previous season.

Big Ecks record up against the all-singing all-dancing Martin O'Squeal speaks for itself. How you can blame Alex McCleish (who was let down by the players, a section of the support & ultimately by Murray) for that arrogant fucking bead-rattling Frenchmans shortcomings & total ignorance of Scottish football is dreadful.

After McLeish left the support, the players and Murray all took a good long look at themselves and changed their ways?

There are plenty who should take a share of the blame.

Is there a point to that post that I am failing to see?

I'm sure you can see the point just fine.

No doubting he was completely arrogant which was a major part of his failure, but you can't hide behind the fact that McLeish's 3rd place finish absolutely obliterated PLG's transfer budget.

It was just a completely bollocks year and I'd rather not talk any more about it, but it somehow keeps rearing it's big ugly head.

McLeish didn't finish 3rd on his own, the team did most of the work.

PLG signed a shower of duds, imagine how many more millions in debt we'd be if he'd signed megabucks duds for the Champs League?

McLeish didn't finish 3rd on his own, the team did most of the work.

PLG signed a shower of duds, imagine how many more millions in debt we'd be if he'd signed megabucks duds for the Champs League?

It depends what you believe, but some of the players that PLG mentioned before his arrival here could have pished the SPL without a coach.