Rangers to leave scotland ?

This topic was raised a short while ago about the prospect of us and ceptic going down south but it was knocked back by the EPL chairman. I was just wandering what ure thoughts are, do u think we will ever get a move out of scotland to an atlantic league or the epl ?..taking into consideration the implications and how it would work ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure he said No because its the "English" premier league or something like that, but its okay for cardiff to try and get into it.

IMO If we got there and had the money most teams had, with our support i think some clubs would be threatened

The sheer size of us would attract players if we were to move down south, our history, stadium, training facilities etc. I really believe we would challenge for the title after 4 or 5 seasons of builiding or team up but doubt we will ever move down there. We may have to fold and form down there thats the only way i can see it happening.

With the money we would get, we could attract better players, we would make our fan base even better. It probably scares them and they feel threatened by us.

im sure he said No because its the "English" premier league or something like that, but its okay for cardiff to try and get into it.

IMO If we got there and had the money most teams had, with our support i think some clubs would be threatened

Cardiff joined the FA prior to there being a Welsh professional league. That is the difference.

The problem was us just waltzing into the Premiership or the Championship, now if we went through the whole starting from the bottom tier and working our way up they wouldn't have a problem.

They are no doubt both us and that mhanky mob are massive clubs, but our ignorance put a lot of people noses out of joint at the FA.

The problem was us just waltzing into the Premiership or the Championship, now if we went through the whole starting from the bottom tier and working our way up they wouldn't have a problem.

They are no doubt both us and that mhanky mob are massive clubs, but our ignorance put a lot of people noses out of joint at the FA.

I agree but the vast majority of ground outside the top 6 in the premiership would struggle to hold the crowds we would bring

The EPL don't need us. Nothing will change until they do, and that won't be anytime soon, if ever.

You also have to remember that because of our loyalist connections we have a lot of fans in England. We would no doubt be a major threat to the top teams giving a few years to build a team with the superior television money down south. I don't think any of the English teams would relish two massive clubs being allowed to compete against them and I think if we are to move it will be to a transatlantic league years down the line.

The truth is they dont want us or need us.

But do u not think that if we moved to the epl then english football would make even more money from us being there ? the old firm derby without any question would be the biggest derby in world football, we are huge !

The EPL don't need us. Nothing will change until they do, and that won't be anytime soon, if ever.

The prem leagie I reckon is going to go boom in a bad way within 10 years,

already happened in a bad wy to one prem club in pompy, looking the same for hull, can only see many more following

I think one day in the not to distant future there will be European super league, that would take out the top 4 EPL clubs. That would leave the road clear to create an new British Premier league (not an NEW EPL) that would include the Old Firm. AS WE WOULD BE ONE OF THE FOUNDING CLUBS OF THIS NEW LEAGUE WE WOULD THEN NOT BE BEHOLDING TO OTHER CLUBS AS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN AN RECONSTRUCTED 'ENGLISH' LEAGUE.

I agree but the vast majority of ground outside the top 6 in the premiership would struggle to hold the crowds we would bring

Would we though, we moan about ticket prices as it is. Plus we are so used to winning.

I could see us taking at least 10 years to acclimatize into premiership football, we wouldn't get it all our own way on and off the pitch. Many fans would spit out the dummy... Instead of being a massive fish in a goldfish bowl, we be a normal size fish in the ocean.

Id love a british league set up. In the top division u could have rangers, man utd, chelsea, celt*c etc. 2nd division teams like dundee utd, hearts, swansea, cardiff... and so on. If scotland are represented as great Britain at the olympics etc we are as 1 country then so why cant we have a bpl ?

Never said they did, I was just saying if we didn't just waltz in demanding we should be entered into the Premiership or the Championship. It wouldn't have been that big of a issue.

The truth is they dont want us or need us.

But do u not think that if we moved to the epl then english football would make even more money from us being there ? the old firm derby without any question would be the biggest derby in world football, we are huge !

The problem is the other clubs are happy with the money that the get, and it would mean teams would have to drop out to let us in. And there is no way that they would allow that to happen.

Would we though, we moan about ticket prices as it is. Plus we are so used to winning.

I could see us taking at least 10 years to acclimatize into premiership football, we wouldn't get it all our own way on and off the pitch. Many fans would spit out the dummy... Instead of being a massive fish in a goldfish bowl, we be a normal size fish in the ocean.

Look at the numbers we took to fulham, bradford, derby for friendly, over 10,000 for each,

I would think it would be a frenzy for tickets, espec in first few years as it would be something new