Graham Dorrans: As a young Rangers fan

West Brom star Graham Dorrans has revealed how he used to marvel at the magic of Paul Gascoigne during the England legend’s stint in Glasgow.

The 23-year-old midfielder is currently being idolised by Baggies fans following his sensational displays in the blue and white stripes.

But as a boy Dorrans was the one admiring a midfield hero of his own from the Ibrox stands.

As a young Rangers fan, he saw Gascoigne in action during his successful three-seasons at the club.

And the proud Scot even admitted that he cheered the Geordie’s stunning strike against Scotland during Euro ’96.

“When I was growing up I watched people like Gazza and Brian Laudrup play at Rangers,” the ex-Livingston man said.

“Gazza was an exceptional talent, especially up in Scotland where you don’t get many people like that.

“He was a fantastic player and I even cheered when he scored by flicking it over Colin Hendry’s head and volleying it in the bottom corner past Andy Goram – that’s how much I enjoyed watching him. I wouldn’t say I was a secret England fan though, I was just a Gazza fan.

“I wouldn’t say I based my game on Gazza, he’s an exceptional talent and it would take a lot to get anywhere near the level of somebody like that.

“But just watching players like that week in, week out can only help you get better.”

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/west-brom-news/2010/05/23/west-bromwich-albion-s-dozza-on-his-admiration-of-gazza-66331-26499607/

Good to hear one of Scotland brightest footballing talent, is one of us. (tu)

He was at the last Old Firm game of the season . Seemed like a nice enough guy and enjoyed the banter from the fans whilst standing in the que to get into the stadium (tu)

If he was at Rangers right now, he would still not have made his debut under Smith.

Again another stupid statement!

What about Andy Little, John Fleck, Danny Wilson, Jordan McMillan...

Sure Walter likes a bit of experience (don't we all) but he gives players the chance when they do well

Also it must be noted that he did sign... Thomson, Naismith, Davis who were all in their early 20's

I've mentioned so many times on here that he is a Rangers fan, he would never come here now though :anguish:.

Why not?

Thats just a stupid statement

Sorry, maybe he'll come when he's past his best and not much use.