Jorg Rubbishes Boyd Talk

BarGLoyal

By Andrew Dickson

JORG ALBERTZ admits he thought a report which claimed Kris Boyd could be heading for Celtic in this morning's newspapers was a joke.

Kris BoydIt has been claimed Rangers' greatest rivals are interested in trying to tempt the prolific hitman to Parkhead on a Bosman transfer.

Celtic have since denied the story and the scenario does seem quite unbelievable, even when you consider some of the deals both clubs have concluded in the past.

Albertz certainly doesn't believe Boyd, a scorer of 101 SPL goals for the Light Blues, will by plying his trade across Glasgow next season.

The German said: "If you have a chance to play for Rangers, you don't go away to play somewhere else.

"That's why I thought it was a funny front page in the newspaper today which said Kris Boyd was going to Celtic.

"I don't believe that and I think it must be a joke. If somebody thinks about it, it is nonsense.

"It has to be a joke. How can you go from Glasgow Rangers to Celtic? It is impossible. If he is thinking about it, I don't think he will enjoy it."

Of course, Boyd could well move away from Ibrox instead and the likes of Birmingham and Newcastle have been linked with him too.

Saw a different quote on the BBC report that was quite funny from Albertz:

"How can you go from Glasgow Rangers to Celtic? It's impossible. If you want to get better, why would you go there?

:wink:

I just love it when all these non-Scottish ex-Rangers legends wind up the mhanks by the comments they make.Laudrup,Prso,Albertz,Novo,Gazza, Hateley etc! have this great habit of telling it like it really is...Priceless.(tu)