Mario Galaxy 2

Jimfanciesthedude

• 1 month later...

Been playing this for a couple of weeks now when I get the chance.

It's really really good but for me there's just something missing. Can't quite put my finger on it either.

It's really really good but for me there's just something missing. Can't quite put my finger on it either.

i know mate, think maybe the new map system thingy isnt as good as the original mario galaxy way to choose planets etc to head to

mind you the addition of yoshi was a masterstroke, if it was just mario again the game would have been boring

i know mate, think maybe the new map system thingy isnt as good as the original mario galaxy way to choose planets etc to head to

mind you the addition of yoshi was a masterstroke, if it was just mario again the game would have been boring

I don't mind the map but you're right, it's not as good as the previous one.

I think it's just that they've not done anything wildly different. I've been getting a sense of having played the game before and that's a shame. I dunno, maybe that's a good thing.

Loving the yoshi levels. Favourite part of the game.

My daughter banged on about getting this game from the time it was advertised. She loves all things Mario. I thought it would be too hard for her, but she'd saved her pennies and got about a tenner together so I bought her the game.

Tbh, it is too hard for her (she's 4) but she loves it and wants me to play it for her all day every day. I actually like it, it's do-able enough without being easy. Some very, very frustrating levels. Just at the end of World 4 now, she's desperate for me to fight the next end of world boss...

My daughter banged on about getting this game from the time it was advertised. She loves all things Mario. I thought it would be too hard for her, but she'd saved her pennies and got about a tenner together so I bought her the game.

Tbh, it is too hard for her (she's 4) but she loves it and wants me to play it for her all day every day. I actually like it, it's do-able enough without being easy. Some very, very frustrating levels. Just at the end of World 4 now, she's desperate for me to fight the next end of world boss...

The bosses are pretty much all the same BP so you should have no bother. The only really different one is the final one in World 6 and that's just an added attack or 2.

I'm currently trying to get 120 stars. Apparently there are 242 in total so I've got a way to go yet as I'm only on 80 or so.

Have you tried getting your daughter to use the 2nd controller? She'd be able to collect star bits and help you with some of the enemies.

The bosses are pretty much all the same BP so you should have no bother. The only really different one is the final one in World 6 and that's just an added attack or 2.

I'm currently trying to get 120 stars. Apparently there are 242 in total so I've got a way to go yet as I'm only on 80 or so.

Have you tried getting your daughter to use the 2nd controller? She'd be able to collect star bits and help you with some of the enemies.

She's not tried that yet, it would probably annoy me too much! :lol:

I know, I know, it's her game... :(

It is a wee bit distracting but there's not much you can do to stop the main player playing. They've taken out hitting the A botton to make mario jump so it's more the noises and wee cursor that's nippy about it.

It is a wee bit distracting but there's not much you can do to stop the main player playing. They've taken out hitting the A botton to make mario jump so it's more the noises and wee cursor that's nippy about it.

Yeah, I'll let her have a go :)

the more she watches you play mate the more she learns and eventually does it herself

i used to play everything for my wee boy when he was younger, he's now 5 and 1/2 and is bloody damn good at games that are quite difficult for a child

plus once they really get into reading (school type reading) their ability at games multiplies (tu)

• 1 month later...

I'm on 111 stars so far, two of them bronze stars :(

Really addictive, frustrating game. Took me ages and about 40 lives to get the Yoshi Star Galaxy prankster comet (Spiny Rainbow Romp) :p20:

I'm on 111 stars so far, two of them bronze stars :(

Really addictive, frustrating game. Took me ages and about 40 lives to get the Yoshi Star Galaxy prankster comet (Spiny Rainbow Romp) :p20:

Haha aye, that one's a horrible one to get. Took me a good few lives as well till I figured out a route to take.

Think I'm still on about 100 stars. Stopped playing it cos I got me an XBox 360. I'll go back soon though. Brilliant game.

• 1 month later...

Finally got 120 gold stars on this last week, started on the green stars (there are 120 of them as well :anguish: ). I believe there's another galaxy in World S which you get when you give the banktoad 9,999 stars. He's got 9,000+ now. Once I've done that I'll not be bothered about the green stars, just the same levels with a star along the way.