Nacho going was bad enough.

R

By GARETH LAW

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

DADO PRSO reckons Nacho Novo made the mistake of his life by quitting Rangers.

And he believes Kris Boyd would be making an even bigger one if he joined Celtic.

SunSport revealed yesterday the Hoops were considering a shock swoop for out-of-contract Ibrox striker Boyd.

Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish is also keen to link up with the 26-year-old again after signing him for Gers.

But Croatian cult hero Prso has urged Boyd to reject the big bucks on offer from all teams north and south of the border and sign a new contract at Ibrox.

Prso was 33 when a knee injury forced him to retire while at the Light Blues and he can't understand why any player would choose to leave the club.

To him playing for Rangers was worth more than money could buy and he believes Boyd was destined to always bag goals for the Ibrox men.

Prso spent hours telling the stars he shared a dressing-room with in Govan how they should never leave the club.

But Spanish hitman Novo has already rejected a new deal to sign for Sporting Gijon in his homeland.

Prso, now 35, said: "I've heard the stories about Boyd leaving, but he was born to play for Rangers in Scotland.

"If I was him I would NEVER leave Rangers. If he wants to listen to me I'd tell him not to go anywhere.

"I understand the attraction of playing for someone like Alex McLeish who signed me for Rangers and I want to see Alex do well.

"But Boyd should never leave Rangers. He was born to score goals for his team and that team is Rangers.

"I left Rangers earlier than I wanted because of injury. I would have given everything to have the chance he has to stay.

"Even when I was there I used to tell him and the players 'Never leave'. They all know what I think."

Boyd, who bagged 26 goals for the SPL champs last season, is available on a free transfer.

The Hoops were ready to match the £30,000-a- week wages and £1million signing-on fee on offer from Birmingham.

Boyd, who returned from a summer holiday to Tenerife yesterday, also has interest from Turkish outfit Kayserispor and Newcastle.

But while the former Kilmarnock ace would earn millions in the Premier League, Prso believes he would struggle to score the goals he has in Scotland.

He said: "If Boydy chose to go to England it will be difficult for him because it's a different game altogether.

"I'm not sure if he can succeed in the Premiership because he will find it a lot harder.

"It's the same for Nacho going to Spain. Scottish football is totally different to the Spanish or the English game. Both of them will find it tough.

"I understand Nacho is Spanish and he wants to try La Liga, but he's half Scottish now remember!

"Boyd can go on to be a big striker in Scotland for Rangers. Why leave? When something's working why try to change it, especially when you're already at a huge club.

"He will make more money in England, but that shouldn't be important. It should be about what's important to you in life, not about how big your house is.

Advertisement

Quantcast

"Boyd is young and he has time on his side. He can still earn a lot of money and he can win titles and play in the Champions League. That's special and he has to realise that.

"The club could bring in a striker from somewhere in Europe, but he might not be a success there."

Prso formed a deadly partnership with Novo in their first season at the club after they joined in the summer of 2004.

They bagged 50 goals as Gers won the SPL and League Cup and Prso was amazed to learn Novo had opted to head for La Liga instead of signing an extension.

He sighed: "I'm disappointed to hear that because I think it would have been best for him to finish his career at Rangers.

"I've great memories of playing beside him. We won the title in 2005 playing up front together.

"He did a great job for the club and he'll be a big loss.

"When you sign someone new you never know how much time he's going to need to succeed. It can take months, years, or sometimes it never happens.

"With Nacho you knew what you were going to get every time he stepped out on the pitch.

"He always did a job and I only have good thoughts when I think about our time together in Glasgow. We had an excellent partnership and I really enjoyed playing beside him.

"I like Nacho's mentality. He always gave everything he had and I think he improved a lot in his time at Rangers."

Prso is currently living in the south of France where he has built a new home for his family, but he admits his heart will forever be in Scotland.

He once combined his football with a job as a mechanic and is now learning the nuts and bolts of what it takes to be a manager, This week he was back in his homeland to complete the latest part of his coaching course.

His group attended the Under-19s Euro qualifier between Croatia and Scotland, which the hosts won 1-0 to seal a place in this summer's finals.

But Prso's eyes are firmly fixed on a return to Scotland to learn the ropes as a boss one day.

He said: "I miss Glasgow a lot. I had friends over from Scotland to Monaco for the Grand Prix.

"I have great memories of my time there and I enjoy going back for the shopping, seeing some games and drinking beer.

"I enjoyed my life in Scotland, the people are brilliant and there is a great atmosphere in the stadiums there.

"My coaching course is going well and I'd like to manage in Scotland one day.

"I like the mentality and maybe I'll get a chance at a small club to see if I can be successful as a coach.

"Who did I want to win in the Under-19s game? Maybe Scotland could have scored three times but Croatia had won 4-3!"

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2987225/Nacho-going-was-bad-enough.html

I wish we had a more authoritarian style government who could shut that fucking rag down once and for all.

It and the NOTW must be the 2 worst 'newspapers' on the planet.

fuck the sun.

fuck every newspaper, nothing but bullshit on us each day.

I've been in more countries around the world than I care to remember and I've yet to come across a sports section from any newspaper anywhere on the planet that tells the fuckin FACTS.It's all hypothetical bullshit and headlines to sell their rags...It's been like that since printing was invented and it ain't gonna change anytime soon...Now THAT'S a fact.doh:pipe:

Come on people! Sports pages are speculative because that what people LIKE to read!

The facts tend to be boring! but speculation makes the summer interesting!

And whats wrong with this article? The sun ONLY has negative articles about us... this one looks good in my opinion