Will we be able to hang onto......

MisterC

Lee McCulloch? Given the outstanding season he has had where he has played anywhere asked of him without any fuss and did a pretty good job and even popped up with a few screamers as well. He does a great job for us and has shut up his critics this season, even the fould committed for his sending off at the glitterdome was pretty genius as well.

I know Stoke were keen on him a wee while back and there may be interest in him from other EPL clubs who know what he can do given his EPL experience. Maybe he has one big move left in him, if a good offer came in would we be able to accept it and would Walter want him to stay?

Sir Walter has signed for another season, so do you think that there is any chance of McCulloch being moved on???? I would dare say that there is more chance of Boyd going to Paranoia Palace than big Lee not being 1st name on the team sheet next season.doh

Sir Walter has signed for another season, so do you think that there is any chance of McCulloch being moved on???? I would dare say that there is more chance of Boyd going to Paranoia Palace than big Lee not being 1st name on the team sheet next season.doh

I think thats a tad unfair, it seems to me he only gets a look when others are injured or suspended.

Hope so too Colin, but Watties here for a year so BLL will be too ! :):sherlock:

Uncle Walter staying is the best news we could have had this pre-season mate. Gives me that wee extra confidence knowing he will be at the helm. (tu)

Decent enough as back up I suppose. Should not be starting most weeks.

Central midfield pairing should be Steven Davis and Kevin Thomson if both are still here next season.

Hope so too Colin, but Watties here for a year so BLL will be too ! :):sherlock:

Uncle Walter staying is the best news we could have had this pre-season mate. Gives me that wee extra confidence knowing he will be at the helm. (tu)

We will need to ca canny here you just can't get rid of everybody at the nucleus of a squad that did you a turn at the one time. Wattie is no tony mowbray. Also anybody that thinks there will be big star buys are deluded. I just hope celtic take on the likes of sol campbell he'll ruin them. There will be teams going under in the next couple of years so no better man at the helm in times like these than Wattie ! :sherlock:

I agree with the "good player to have in the squad" and "good player to have on the bench" notions - the only problem being that he will more than likely be first choice CM when we have KT, Davis and Edu who are more natural midfielders and have the potential to build good partnerships.