The Sun's Dig at the Mhanks

Ozblue

We Stand By Our Exclusive 100% Per Cent

Published: Today

add_comment.gif Add a comment (0)

KRIS BOYD was this week in Tenerife with signing overtures from Celtic whirling around in his mind.

That is a FACT despite the flippant and predictable statement of denial made on the club's official website yesterday.

The knockdown merchants of the media outlets who never break a story of their own will seize on that morsel thrown down from the boardroom table at Celtic Park.

SunSport? We'll settle for the TRUTH.

The story of how in January Hoops chiefs told Tony Mowbray money was there to fund a cut-price swoop for the Rangers striker.

Boyd told close confidantes at Murray Park but Mowbray didn't fancy the player and vetoed any move for him. That is a FACT.

In the past week the idea of swooping for Boyd, now available for free on a Bosman, was floated once again.

SunSport revealed yesterday that led to the player turning to those he trusts and asking their advice because his mind was in turmoil.

The born and bred Rangers fan knows only too well the repercussions of such a move.

But this is the biggest summer of his life, the one that'll decide his football future with the likes of Newcastle and Birmingham clamouring for his signature. Boyd did NOT invite the interest from Celtic but it was there and he had a right to examine the prospect. That's a FACT.

Yesterday Celtic's denial of the story was, they said, categorical.

This morning SunSport stands by our exclusive. Categorically.

When the truth of behind-the-scenes manoeuvres this summer emerges - possibly when Boyd signs for a new club and is free to talk - there will be major embarrassment for some. Not for us.

In transfer dealings football clubs love to hurl around words like honesty, dignity and integrity. They seldom practice any of them - that is the way of the world.

Fans will always gobble up the words pumped out through the official club media as the gospel truth. Big mistake.

On the Friday before Robbie Keane signed for Celtic this paper had the story bang to rights. We phoned the club and asked for confirmation and were told they couldn't look at a deal for a player of that stature.

On the Monday Robbie Keane duly arrived from Spurs and signed on loan.

This paper lives on breaking stories, it always has since we told the world Mo Johnston would sign for Rangers in 1989.

We'll continue to make it our mission to bring you those stories even when the Old Firm clubs HATE the timing of them.

The first line of that Celtic statement yesterday read: 'Welcome to the silly season.'

You could argue that a silly season was one where a board presided over a campaign that saw them win no trophies and appointed a manager who flopped horribly and had to be emptied after a 4-0 thumping at St Mirren.

That, though, would be being flippant.

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz0ozmpRqBx

The first line of that Celtic statement yesterday read: 'Welcome to the silly season.'

You could argue that a silly season was one where a board presided over a campaign that saw them win no trophies and appointed a manager who flopped horribly and had to be emptied after a 4-0 thumping at St Mirren.

that is brilliant though.

some powerful wording there by the tabloid...and i am beginning to believe them a little bit...they seem to be standing by their story saying it will be made clear soon once boyd can talk.

there could be truth in this...

And that my friends, is a visual example of what we like to call a "Verbal bumming"

some powerful wording there by the tabloid...and i am beginning to believe them a little bit...they seem to be standing by their story saying it will be made clear soon once boyd can talk.

This could be a real scoop...The Sun being truthful with a story for once. Hawd me back big man.doh

Perhaps liewell feels that the only way they will sell the season tickets is to do a mojo on us ... having said that they don't have a manager just now so how can they even think about shelling out such big money on a player that the new guy may not even want

I still dont buy this story tho. They are just stating they tried and putting FACT after it. Where is the proof??? Or can i write that Rangers will sign someone and fire Fact at the end to make it true??

The bit about Boyd is bugging me! His head was all over the place?? Why? If your a Ranger playing for the Rangers then the biggest rivals coming in for you would not turn your head!! ££ money may well talk, but are they trying to tell me Boyd was seriously thinking of risking his relationship with the Rangers fans and also risking his own personal safety?? KB has issued countless statements suggesting he wants to remain a Rangers player, however he would like to try the EPL. What would he get by joining the micks other than a sore face?

i cant buy into this story either. the word thought is they are really struggling to get season ticket renewals in and have even extended the renewal date by a couple of weeks. this all smacks of desperation over in the east end

Seems to me that The Sun are a tad bitter that Celtic have completely taken the piss out of them here. Liewell has made them look like absolute mugs.

They can say they stand by it all they want, it doesn't make it a FACT. The only FACT here is they have been completely stitched up.

What I can't understand is when boyd was linked with a move to turkey they said he wouldn't want to bring his 2 kids up in a place like this! I don't suppose Glasgow would be a great place to bring them up either if he were to move to that mhob!

Lot of shite!

The Sun being concerned about the truth? I've seen it all now.

Indeed, but they must tell the truth sometimes.

Bear in mind how they must have felt back in January, we were running away with the League, we'd spent December absolutely humping everyone domestically, banging in goals (26 I think), with Boyd beating the martian's precious record.

With 6 months or so of his contract left, I think it's possible that they made an approach to Boyd or his agent (presumably getting a two word reply), remember this is ra shellick, their level of delusion is legendary, I suspect that some of them think that deep down everybody loves them and dreams of wearing ra hoops...

Seems to me that The Sun are a tad bitter that Celtic have completely taken the piss out of them here. Liewell has made them look like absolute mugs.

They can say they stand by it all they want, it doesn't make it a FACT. The only FACT here is they have been completely stitched up.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here. Celtic feel they have to do something about whoever is leaking stuff to the Sun - and whoever it was was stupid enough to believe that this might have been real. Now the Sun will have to think twice before accepting the muppet's word. Assuming the muppet isn't drummed out of Parkhead tout suite.

"The first line of that Celtic statement yesterday read: 'Welcome to the silly season.'

You could argue that a silly season was one where a board presided over a campaign that saw them win no trophies and appointed a manager who flopped horribly and had to be emptied after a 4-0 thumping at St Mirren." :L :L :L

However, I still doubt Celtic were interested in him!

forgive me for not believing anything from a paper that once claimed Liverpool fans stole from their fellow supporters as they lay dead on the terraces of hillsborough.

forgive me for not believing anything from a paper that once claimed Liverpool fans stole from their fellow supporters as they lay dead on the terraces of hillsborough.

Did they really PRINT that, GOAT?:angry: FFS!doh