Edu Edu Edu Edu Edu

RFC55

Scored last night did the big man against the Czechs in a 4-2 defeat. By all accounts the big man played well and i wish him all the best for the world cup. Here is an american report on him for the game. Some of the words they use to describe it doh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'> daft yanks

- At Rangers2_bing.gif, Edu demonstrated a skill for tallying scrappy goals. He did the same against the Europeans, pouncing on a loose ball and smashing it past Petr Cech for the Red, White, and Blues' first score. The U.S. will need these types of tallies if they expect to succeed in South Africa. Edu tracked back defensively, throwing his head in to dramatically clear a dangerous free kick. He tallied off as the first half wore on, but returned strong in the second stanza. With the exception of one major gaffe, he even displayed some chops when paired with Clarence Goodson (who almost made the winners list) at centerback.

Wtf showed some chops laugh.gif

I only watched the first half of the game but Edu played pretty well. His goal couldn't have been any easier really, a tap-in after Cech spilled a cross. Matched the Czech midfielders for physical strength and played some good passes.

Was impressed with the boy Torres who played alongside him in the centre, and the big lad up front could certainly put himself about.

I stayed up till three watching the game despite having an exam the next day. :lol:

It was pretty much the USA's reserve team, but Edu played well, good on him getting a goal. For the last 30 mins or so though Edu was playing at center back. The 4th goal was his fault, although Klejsten shouldn't have given the ball away. The long ball went over the top, Edu misjudged the header and their player went and scored. Can't fault him though as he's not a natural center back.

Stu Holden played really well. I remember we got linked with him and I was praying it would be true, but we didn't get him. :(