Coincidence ?

Guardian

I'm not one for joining up dots to make paranoid pictures, but amid all the joy over Walters announcements, I can't help but wonder about the timing.

There has been a lot of speculation about whether the Ellis deal was ever a serious bid, and I'm now starting to wonder. I thought it was credible, but as it has dragged on, we have been hearing noises about it being less likely and cooling off.

Just as the bid seems to be on its last legs, we hear Walter is staying and we have some money to spend.

It could be chicken and egg here.

Was the whole Ellis bid a means to stall until something could be sorted out, or has the latest news been released to make the bid collapse easier to swallow.

Think about it, folk won't be too upset if the Ellis bid fails now.

I could well be wrong here but the one thing that bothered me about the Ellis deal, was why would he be there if he didn't intend to bid. That doesn't add up unless you assume he was put up to it.

There's been so many lies put about on this takeover, none of it makes sense. There's obviously a split between Murray and Rangers, so I guess we'll have to wait til the books come out and they spill the beans.

I'm not one for joining up dots to make paranoid pictures, but amid all the joy over Walters announcements, I can't help but wonder about the timing.

There has been a lot of speculation about whether the Ellis deal was ever a serious bid, and I'm now starting to wonder. I thought it was credible, but as it has dragged on, we have been hearing noises about it being less likely and cooling off.

Just as the bid seems to be on its last legs, we hear Walter is staying and we have some money to spend.

Was the whole Ellis bid a means to stall until something could be sorted out, or has the latest news been released to make the bid collapse easier to swallow.

I could well be wrong here but the one thing that bothered me about the Ellis deal, was why would he be there if he didn't intend to bid. That doesn't add up unless you assume he was put up to it.

There's been so many lies put about on this takeover, none of it makes sense. There's obviously a split between Murray and Rangers, so I guess we'll have to wait til the books come out and they spill the beans.

The ellis bid has not cooled. They had a positive meeting yesterday. We still need the clubs future sorted and an official statement will be made soon if not in the next 48 hours

Ellis met Murray in Edinburgh yesterday though...

Ellis is the only one to make a serious bid, so all our hopes seem to rest with him.

As said , I dont think Walter would have made this announcement without have guarantees about certain things at the club.

Have I missed something about Walter being given money?

I've not read a paper in ages.

Aye hes been given £30 million to spend on transfers :rolleyes: