Toure close to choosing Chelsea

Yaya Toure’s agent has announced that the Barcelona midfielder is close to making a decision regarding his future, with Chelsea - rather than Arsenal - the favourites to sign him.

The 27-year-old Ivorian has fallen out of favour with the La Liga champions and his representitive, Dimitri Seluk, has revealed that a move to the Premier League is best for all parties.

Seluk said in the Mirror: "If Chelsea want Yaya and everyone wins with this deal, why not?

"This last season, Toure has not played regularly and Pep Guardiola has preferred [sergio] Busquets or [seydou] Keita instead of him.

"If he prefers Busquets and Keita, then the best thing for Toure is to leave for Chelsea. He has made up his mind 90 percent to leave."

Arsenal have been heavily linked with Toure, after reports claimed the brother of former Gunners defender Kolo could form part of a deal that would see Emirates Stadium skipper Cesc Fabregas return to Catalunya.

However, Seluk recently admitted that Toure would not be heading to Arsenal this summer, claiming that other English sides - believed to be Chelsea and Manchester City - were prepared to offer the midfielder more money.

Contrasting speculation has suggested that the Ivory Coast international is unwilling to leave Barcelona, but Seluk disagrees, insisting that Toure would depart if the deal was the right one.

"He has a good salary here but he doesn't want to earn money here and fall asleep on the bench. Some players would accept that situation. Not him. If he leaves, Barca will then understand what they will lose."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/55161/

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Essien to Madrid I think?

I really like Toure, brilliant player.

That's an interesting shout (tu)

Yeah, Toure is an excellent player.

Why couldn't they go 4-3-3?

Lampard, Essien, Toure in midfield

Anelka, Drogba, Aguero/Malouda up front, as that deal for Aguero is looking likely now. That team would be unstoppable.

Essien to Madrid I think?

Would need to be about 40-50 million anyway

I don't think it would be that much, he would be worth every penny of that though. Essien is an fantastic player when fit and on form.

I cant see why people are questioning how Essien and Toure could play in the same team.

Easy Essien is great going forward and would take up the Ballack position.

And Toure would take Obi Mikel position.

Really cant see why Chelsea and Man United were so keen to sign Obi Mikel.

He only has basic footballing ability.

Chelsea must have ended up paying 40 odd million.

<cr>