Man City set for summer clear out

City set for summer clear out

Manchester City are getting ready for a summer clear out as Roberto Mancini begins to shape his squad for next season.

Benjani will be released when his contract expires next month, and he is likely to be followed out of the door by Martin Petrov.

The Blues are also prepared to listen to offers for Valeri Bojinov, who spent last season on loan at Parma, where he scored eight goals in 29 games.

He also scored for Bulgaria in a 1-1 friendly draw against World Cup hosts South Africa.

City are reported to have quoted Parma £4m for the 24-year-old, but the Serie A side are hoping that the price will drop.

Felipe Caicedo is another who City will sell if the offers are right – and he ended the season on a high, leading loan club Malaga to La Liga safety.

They now hope that possible Kuwaiti investment could allow them to buy Caicedo.

The Blues will also listen to offers for Kelvin Etuhu and Brazilian flop Jo.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1241284_city_set_for_summer_clear_out

Valeri Bojinov would be a big risk, especially at the price that's being quoted. But at 24 he could be the type of player we could bring on, put in the shop window again and punt for a profit.

It's going to be a interesting summer.

Stephen Ireland would defo rip it up in the SPL but we could never afford the wages. I'd love wee upside-doon heid in a Rangers shirt, though.

What a shirt seller that would be :sherlock:

i think ireland could command a place in man united team

he's better than fletcher imo

I wouldn't be shocked to see Ireland end up at Arsenal, as Fabregas replacement. :sherlock:

could arsenal afford him though DB, could easily cost 20million i believe (was defo worth 20mill when hughes was there)

i think ireland could command a place in man united team

he's better than fletcher imo

I wouldn't be shocked to see Ireland end up at Arsenal, as Fabregas replacement. :sherlock:

could arsenal afford him though DB, could easily cost 20million i believe (was defo worth 20mill when hughes was there)

All depends what happens behind the scenes at Arsenal, and of course Fabregas fee to Barcelona. Think Man City just want to punt a lot of the wage bill, Ireland could fall into that bargain category of under £10milllion now.

If he is for sale, they will be a lot of interest for him.

I can't see any Man City players ending up at Rangers, but I'm sure a lot of teams will be happy at grabbing a bargin from this clearout.

We just signed a 18 year old from City last week :craphead:

Ok then, any recognisable Man City players :sherlock::lol: