Well we always that knew they're deluded

Thanks to broxloyal from FF, this is a blog from timmy about earls meeting with Lennon and Lawwell and Findlay.

It's just priceless, taking timfoolery to a new level.

Lennon and Lawwell Roadshow

(05/27/2010)

5:43

All being well we will be live blogging from tonight's roadshow. This page should update automagically. Provided of course our iPhone battery holds out.

6:55

That's us here and nearly read to start. There's more folk here than were at the alkmaar game.

7:04

And we are off.

7:05

Mobile phones on silent

7:06

Asked not to make long statements. In order to give everyone a fair chance to ask questions. Last question will be at 8:20

7:07

Jeanette finlay, peter lawwell and neil Lennon introduced and Lennon gets a massive cheer

7:10

Minute silence held for tommy burns' mother. Jeanette now explaining rationale behind meeting.

7:12

Jeanette: we hope you go from this meeting feeling that you have had chance to ask questions. And that peter and neil go away with a better understanding. Non Celtic supporters asked to leave as this is not a media event. We need to be mindful of the fact that there may be journalists here.

7:13

Jeanette: not asking folk not to ask difficult questions but remember that we are all Celtic fans. Onto questions.

7:13

Peter and neil - what is your plan to take Celtic back to where we belong. How far along the road are we to getting a new manager?

7:14

Peter: thank you for coming tonight. We are going through a selection process. Neil understands that. Taking longer than we thought but hopefully sorted in next few days.

7:15

P: last season unacceptable. Easy yo point fingers of blame. We all take our share of the blame.

7:16

P: our dedication to getting this club back to where it should be us absolute. That's why we are taking our time yo get the manager job right. We need to get back to winning football. Win domestically first and then look to Europe.

7:17

Question from floor: kenny butler from Celtic trust. Are you endorsing neils as manager?

7:18

P: we all appreciate what neil has done. He is a very very strong candidate. Huge groundswell of opinion in favour. Very very string candidate

7:19

N: the club have to get this right. I understand that. Going through process. In the running. If I don't get the job and am asked to stay on I'll consider what's best for future.

7:19

Question: are you saying it's our fault? I think it's your fault and mr reid's fault. You didn't look at his cv.

7:20

P: I didn't say it was the fans fault. The board picked Mowbray. Jusgementsl mistakes were made. I'll take my share of responsibility as member of Celtic board.

7:21

Question: how do you think we've done getting value from money from playing staff, coaching staff and board of directors?

7:22

P: on playing field we have won trophies. We have stabilised club financially. Lennoxtown second to none. Academy will see produce through. Huge achievement however over last two years we have lost championship. That is unacceptable and has to change.

7:23

Question: we are linked with this player and that player if neil doesn't have job why is he being being linked with players? Some of our players aren't Celtic class.

7:25

N: I've been making recommendations. Scouts have watched players four or five times. It's all about judgement. Players have shown me they are well capable. They owe us. Needs little bit of experience. Fulham can get to uefa - why can't we? Clubs down south going to wall. We are in strong position.

7:26

P: the club is run such that every penny that comes in is reinvested. O don't think anyone in here was disappointed on 31st of January.

7:27

Question: mindful of January 2009 budget appeared to be dictated that what happened at ibrox influenced Celtic. Can you assure us that this is not the case?

7:29

P: categorically not the case. We take no account of rangers. January 09 will be on my gravestone. We worked as hard then as we did this January. It just didn't happen. We understood what it means to bring players in then to get that extra jag. No lack of effort that January. It just didn't happen. We take no account of what happens at rangers.

7:29

J: is the scouting network as good as it could be?

7:31

P: we invest £500k in our scouting. Different era under martin - we could scout via match of the day. We spent £40 mill is those five years and £45 mill since. Hyper inflation in Market. How much would neil Lennon cost today? We went yo the best clubs in countries that have punched above their weight and took their best ideas. In terms of the produced we can all question it but it's developing.

7:33

N: rogne will be exciting if we can keep him fit. Sticky injury record. Misun. Slane. This will benefit the club. We can scout anywhere in the world but it's difficult to travel to japan. It's down to one mans opinion and that will be whoever the manager is.

7:34

Question: can we break away from this old firm sponsorship deal? There was s big web campaign. We should br on our own. And will there be an option for a strip without sponsorship?

7:37

P: there will be non sponsorship strips. It was not our preference to have joint sponsor. In this particular Market there is not a lot around. We have been round the world and have taken Celtic to marketing experts there. We took the Celtic story around the world. Our charity our history our underdog status. Nobody was able to come up with a deal. We went round the world and had to come back to duke street. We were offer joint deal. So we have a question to answer - do we take the money? We need the money. So we take the deal.

7:37

P: outwith top four in England there are serious challenges to getting a sponsor.

7:39

Q: you say it's not all gloom and doom- the feeling of the support is that it is exactly that. The support wong take another leap of faith the empty seats are alarming. We will have problems convincing fans. I need convincing. I cannot put my faith in dermot or john Reid or you anyone. ( big applause) we need something toreignite the support and he is sitting at that table now.( massive cheer)

7:40

Q: if neil Lennon asked the support to get behind him season ticketscthrougj roof. Appoint neil Lennon now. ( massive cheer)

7:41

N: can I have you as my agent?

7:42

P: listen when I said earlier nobody recognises neil lennon's candidacy more than me. Bear with us. It will be worth the wait.

Q: was that net spend? £40 mill and £45mill?

P: gross. Got to have money to spend it.

7:43

Q: we're not spending £40 mill net and this leads to demise in standards.

7:44

P: remember last 16 and 2 in a row. Let's not get carried away. We are not obsessed with debt. We can do no more than spend what we earn. We know what happens to clubs that don't.

7:44

Q: what did we bring in?

7:45

P: don't know but we sold viduka for 5 we sold berkovic for 6. Whether we spent the money wisely is another debate.

7:46

P: the reason we are here is to put a successful team on the park that will entertain. Everything else is secondary. Everyone on the board is a Celtic supporter.

7:47

Q: number of candidates for new manager apparently what assurances will you give us that neil will stay if he us unsuccessful?

7:48

P: we will do everything we can to keep neil ifhe us unsuccessful.

7:49

Q: does the changes to appeals meet the clubs needs? We will always br held back in this country.

7:51

P: pleased that the blatant unfairness about appeals has been taken on. In terms of way forward clearly we are committed at the moment to the spl we see ourselves as a champ league club. You need someone to want you to enable change. Nobody wants us. Very difficult because epl turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Spain Italy and England outwith top teams everyone is struggling. There will be some form of change. Don't know what it is though.

7:53

J: we will meet with cross party msp group about sport.

7:55

Q: we have lost championship to club that's in financial mess. You also said it's fair to say that tony has not inherited the best squad of players. During your rant at agm last year you said the wage bill was higher than Seville. How can you say to me that we are ina solid financial position but we have lost a championship. And the scouting system isn't working.

7:55

Q: we have lost championship to club that's in financial mess. You also said it's fair to say that tony has not inherited the best squad of players. During your rant at agm last year you said the wage bill was higher than Seville. How can you say to me that we are ina solid financial position but we have lost a championship. And the scouting system isn't working.

7:56

P: in Scottish context massive investment in club. We take tte responsibility for loss of league. That's down to judgement and not policy or investment.

7:57

Q: we should be signing first team players. Not squad players.

7:57

P: I think we should do both. Buy for today and the future. We cannot buy top stars. We need to buy future stars

7:58

Q: have we missed on players under our nose? Missed McCarthy. Fantastic player. Steven fletcher is another.

7:58

P: judgement call - I don't pick players. I'm not qualified to comment on players we should have bought or have lost.

7:59

Q: why so many players from overseas at club? Lot of junk. I'm a shareholder. I've followed Celtic for 77 years. I'm very disappointed

8:00

P: we back manager. He picks players. Maybe we have got the balance wrong and the next manager will bring in more British players.

8:01

N: British players overpriced. Yes we need British and Irish players who understand club. I want more men round club who take the club by scruff of neck. Won't be held to ransom.

8:04

Q: I want to quote lenny: let's not mince our words writing has been on wall... What we have been witnessing has led yo thousands walking away. I think you should bring the captain and vice captain to these meetings to understand out passion. ( big cheer). Make them fully aware of the fact that second place is not good enough. In dressing room put quote about jersey not shrinking to fit inferior players.

8:04

Q: we have aiden Scott and shaun what are the plans for those three?

8:07

N: We will not get rid of aiden and Scott if we can avoid it.

8:09

Q: there is a meek acceptance from Celtic as to the treatment we get from the refs the sfa and the media. We need to get back to a seige mentality. What Celtic should do is come out and say we still have no answer from the sfa. We want answers. This country asks us yo accept onesided incompetence.

8:10

P: I assure you we are not meek. You have yo pick your time. Refs - last year we were told it was sour grapes.

Q: I disagree. Facts are facts.

P: we are challenging it

Q: what processes are we going through for a manager and why did we get it wrong?

8:12

P: we go through cvs and select best. Not many dissenting voices when Mowbray was appointed. Folk complained about strachan's football so we got tony. It didn't work for whatever reason. We have to move on and appoint next manager who will drive us forwards. We need fans behind us.

8:12

Q: what you doing about bad press?

8:13

P: win games. The facts are that the record and sun sell 700000 copies a day and it's bit all rangers fans buy them?

8:13

Q: is it not time we all turned our back on the hacks?

8:14

P: I agree we don't get a fair crack of the whip. We have to win and win well.

8:14

Q: if neil is successful will a mentor be appointed?

8:15

P: if neil is successful that's up to neil

8:16

N: I haven't got experience. I might need someone to turn to. I'm going into unknown. I would like an older head. ( shout of David hay from crowd. Limited applause) it is a possibility that if I am successful I will go down that road. It would be foolish to think I have all the answers myself.

8:18

Q: I saw my first game in 1938. Two goals chopped off. So things never change. I question Scott browns commitment. We have not had enough out of him. I remember hearing he was going to sign for rangers.derek Johnstone says he is a rampant blue nose.

8:19

N: that's crap. He is committed. Great drive. We all loved it when he booted lafftery up in the air.

Two questions left

Q: what about the 5% levy on away tickets?

8:20

P: we fund Scottish football we asked the clubs to fund it.

Q: the fans have to pay it though. Aberdeen Motherwell hibs hearts

P: well we will review it

8:46

Lost connection for last two questions. Bloke asked about reducing ticket prices to get bums on seats. Lawwell said they'd look at it. And final question had our very own psychoheart asking if we will look at communication using Twitter and podcasting. Lawwell says he doesn't know how to switch on computer but it's all about communication. Jeanette finished by saying ignore the media. She said image that the trust had taken over and we were a democracy. Let's have a show of hands - who wants lenny as manager? Overwhelming response in favour. And that's a wrap.

9:40

When they were getting the breaks during the 2007/08 title run in I dint recall them saying anything about that. Where was their sporting integrity then? And the media give them bad press? If anything its the opposite. They have taken the Josef Goebel's approach to propaganda by telling lies and telling them loudly and frequently. But then they have a support whose religion doesnt encourage them to think for themselves, only to follow what their masters say. They really do bheggar bhelief.

we all loved it when he booted lafferty up in the air

not very professional at all.

T*rrier cunt.

he shat bricks when me and jonnyboyfrc confronted him at glasgow airport...i hate that vile looking gutter-rat.

If lennon isn't the manager why was he there? After all he was supposedly only the caretaker until the end of the season and the season is over ... why don't they just appoint the little asshole and let the jollys begin :sherlock:

Love the little bit of ratcheting up the paranoia ... "we need to be mindful of the fact that there may be journalists here" :rolleyes:

They really really are psychologically disturbed

My favourite bit....

It was not our preference to have joint sponsor. In this particular Market there is not a lot around. We have been round the world and have taken Celtic to marketing experts there. We took the Celtic story around the world. Our charity our history our underdog status. Nobody was able to come up with a deal. We went round the world and had to come back to duke street. We were offer joint deal. So we have a question to answer - do we take the money? We need the money. So we take the deal."

All around the world armed with a sob story and a begging bowl only to be told to fuck off.

So Duke Street it is then. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Big Kyle is really getting to them.

Glad we have someone to take over Novo's mantle (tu)

I just really hope Kyle has a cracking season so they hate him for the right reasons, as well as him just annoying them.

Did you really expect anything different from Gingernut, J.F. & Loonywell?...It's like a 3 Stooges skit with that lot.

I also think our supporters are very uncharitable to the poor begging chaps from the East end, when they have trawled the world with their empty biscuit tin looking for champagne sponsorship, only to return empty handed to Duke Street and suffer the embarrassment of having to share a Tennent's with the dreaded skint Champions.

This of course will see Ra Shellic plead for the GFITW to introduce an extended fasting period; to be named the Bobby Sands Tribute Dinner ( BeaSTeD for short ) that will enable them to give their money they would normally spend on food to Mr Loonywell to enable him to tell Tennent's to stick their sponsorship up their Drygate passage, freeing them to distance themselves from a team that actually wins things.

I think we should do the charitable thing when we see these pyoor starving waifs walking down the street in their new mhingin Nike replica kits looking like something out of a horror movie.I suggest we give them food..... so let's chuck tatties at them.(tu)