Boyds replacement

Maybe Lee McCulloch will be the new striker? :anguish:

I'd like that, always had faith in him as a striker (tu)

He is fucking awful up front.

Lovely finish from him against Hearts at home in a 2-0 victory.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people would stop going on about players that cut it ion the SPL...we have to look above that.

Lafferty,Miller and Fleck will be fine for the SPL so we need strikers who will cause problems in Europe.

Probably because they are the most realistic targets out there at the moment for us

I wish people would stop going on about players that cut it ion the SPL...we have to look above that.

Lafferty,Miller and Fleck will be fine for the SPL so we need strikers who will cause problems in Europe.

Sadly ,at this moment in time , what we achieve in Europe is just an added bonus.

Probably because they are the most realistic targets out there at the moment for us

I'd rather go with youth then than sign these guys

Apart from Goodwillie there is no-one in the SPL i would take

Realistic is Roberts and Pederson from Blackburn

Petrov from Man City

Ledley from Cardiff

Gardner from Hull city

Unless they demand huge wages 4 have a chance of Champions league football for the first time and the boys from Blackburn and Gardner may never see it unless they sign for the Old Firm .

Maybe Lee McCulloch will be the new striker? :anguish:

I'd like that, always had faith in him as a striker (tu)

He is fucking awful up front.

Lovely finish from him against Hearts at home in a 2-0 victory.

I can also recall a lovely finish from Filip Sebo at home to Aberdeen in a 1-0 victory.

Lee McCulloch should never be played up front or LW again.

Petrov from Man City

Ledley from Cardiff

Gardner from Hull city

Unless they demand huge wages 4 have a chance of Champions league football for the first time and the boys from Blackburn and Gardner may never see it unless they sign for the Old Firm .

I'd like us to sign Ledley and Petrov, but by the looks of things we wont be changing the wage structure for any player. Players like Petrov will be demanding 30k+ a week whereas players like Goodwillie and Jutkiewicz will only be looking for a few thousand a week I'd imagine

the fact is, if our youth was good enough theyd have made their mark already and only two have made the cut. One wants warm the bench for liverpool and the other could have a big season ahead of him...fleck.

We need a big strong pacey striker with an eye for goal, ala cousin, this is where we should spend some money, becayse this is an important area, especially in europe if were playing 451.

the fact is, if our youth was good enough theyd have made their mark already and only two have made the cut. One wants warm the bench for liverpool and the other could have a big season ahead of him...fleck.

Do you mean from the players at the club like Mcgregor or the ones that have moved on like Hutton ?.

I still think we have a couple of players who have a chance to make it , if Wylde is given the opportunity he can be a useful player down the left hand side of the park IMO.

Andy Little is still just a boy , just because the likes of Rooney and Messi become superstars as school kids , doesn’t mean others will , it takes some players time to progress and mature.

I don't think we will win the league if we go into the new season with Kenny Miller playing up front on his own. He isn't consistent enough for me, and doesn't score enough goals. That's fine if we get goals from other areas of the park, but we don't.

Lafferty ended the season well, but can he be relied upon to produce the goods regularly? I hope so, but he hasn't done it yet.

We need another striker in there, someone like Jason Roberts or Marlon Harewood. Both of whom would shit all over the SPL in my opinion!

Riordan :ph34r:

Controversial I know, but I think he'd prove to be a brillant signing.

Bags of natural talent, versatile, good at se pieces and one of the few SPL players capable of scoring 15-20 goals a season.

The Scottish Cassano (tu)

Needs a strong manager who can keep him under control, and Smith fits that bill. I've no doubts our support would eventually take to him after a few good performances.

Riordan is a good player he would fit it well for us on the left and he has bags of talent

Petrov from Man City

Ledley from Cardiff

Gardner from Hull city

I'd like us to sign Ledley and Petrov, but by the looks of things we wont be changing the wage structure for any player. Players like Petrov will be demanding 30k+ a week whereas players like Goodwillie and Jutkiewicz will only be looking for a few thousand a week I'd imagine

Wages are too high for Petrov but Ledley that would be an absolute steal

Riordan :ph34r:

Controversial I know, but I think he'd prove to be a brillant signing.

Bags of natural talent, versatile, good at se pieces and one of the few SPL players capable of scoring 15-20 goals a season.

The Scottish Cassano (tu)

Needs a strong manager who can keep him under control, and Smith fits that bill. I've no doubts our support would eventually take to him after a few good performances.

He's also in the bad books with the Hibs management and going into the last year of his deal which will drive his price down.

Add in the fact that he has a point to prove, much like Miller, and IMO the pros outweigh the cons be far.

If we could get him and Goodwillie/Jutkiewicz we'd have a good strikeforce domestically and that's what we will need.

I wouldn't really call it a replacement for Boyd. The type of player we need for CL would certainly not be a replacement but a different type of player in general, as for the SPL I think the palyers we have are capable of doing the job there. The only thing thats really bothered me is that he's gone for free.