Velicka & Lafferty

Guardian

If Boyd is really going, Walter better get the finger out and find us a decent striker cos Velicka and Lafferty don't cut the mustard.

Velicka turns like an oil tanker and runs like a glacier. Lafferty....well less said the better.

We need someone who will form a good partnership with Miller and bang in the goals. If not we will end up the way celtic did for most of last season.

Velicka and Laffs won't get the goals that turn 0-0 draws into wins.

whos to say lafferty cant keep up the way hes been playing ? i have faith in him and if he keeps up the way hes been playing then i dont see us struggling, Smith will bring in a replacement anyway.

Velicka has a very decent goal scoring record in his career , and I wouldnt be that disappointed if was kept as part of the squad.

Lafferty , at times shows signs that he could be a useful player for Rangers.

Neither are going to replace Boyds goals, Lafferty could add more to the team.

We need a team effort to replace Boyds goals.

P.S What was the score at Easter Road when Lafferty scored ?.

I think people are far too critical of Lafferty, for all we know he could really surprise us if played in his proper position. As for getting someone in, why, they can't guarantee success, and we do have other players who could be given a choice as an out and out striker.

Lafferty has been shite more often than not so there's no way I'd be relying on him to fill Boyd's boots.

Like the OP, I'll be a bit concerned if Wattie doesn't try and land another proven goal scorer.

Velicka has a very decent goal scoring record in his career , and I wouldn’t be that disappointed if was kept as part of the squad.

Neither are going to replace Boyd’s goals, Lafferty could add more to the team.

We need a “team effort “to replace Boyd’s goals.

0-0.

as for the team replacing Boyds goals i agree, i would like to see davis, thomson and edu go for goal alot more. Thommo and Davis are most important, both have the technical ability to get alot of movement on the ball and score some nice goals, they just seem to pass it when they have a oppertunity to score.

Lafferty has been shite more often than not so there's no way I'd be relying on him to fill Boyd's boots.

Like the OP, I'll be a bit concerned if Wattie doesn't try and land another proven goal scorer.

Not helped by the fact people jump on his back far too often, he scores the goal that wins us the league and then the next game he plays people are back on his back.

lets be honest he must have been playing pretty well to make smith keep his top goal scorer out the team.

its time to get off his back and start supporting him.

Velicka has a very decent goal scoring record in his career , and I wouldn’t be that disappointed if was kept as part of the squad.

0-0.

as for the team replacing Boyds goals i agree, i would like to see davis, thomson and edu go for goal alot more. Thommo and Davis are most important, both have the technical ability to get alot of movement on the ball and score some nice goals, they just seem to pass it when they have a oppertunity to score.

To be honest , I still think the priority is a left winger rather than a replacement for Boyd.

A left winger would give the team a better shape and dimension, and create more space for the likes of Davis , Miller and A.N Other to work with.

If Boyd is really going, Walter better get the finger out and find us a decent striker cos Velicka and Lafferty don't cut the mustard.

Velicka turns like an oil tanker and runs like a glacier. Lafferty....well less said the better.

We need someone who will form a good partnership with Miller and bang in the goals. If not we will end up the way celtic did for most of last season.

Velicka and Laffs won't get the goals that turn 0-0 draws into wins.

:anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish:

Well! a certain Alistair McCoist stands there for 90 minutes scratching his baws and doing not much at all, so chuck him a pair of fitba bits and see how he goes.:pipe:

I couldn't go another season watching promising moves break down as soon as Lafferty gets the ball.

Took the missus to a game. She asked why I was shaking my head when Lafferty came out.

5 mins later she was calling him for everything after he wasted ball after ball.

Now she knows.

He did get a bit better at the end but that doesn't excuse the pitiful contribution he made for the other 95%.

0-0.

To be honest , I still think the priority is a left winger rather than a replacement for Boyd.

A left winger would give the team a better shape and dimension, and create more space for the likes of Davis , Miller and A.N Other to work with.

someone like Ryann Flynn ?

Well! a certain Alistair McCoist stands there for 90 minutes scratching his baws and doing not much at all, so chuck him a pair of fitba bits and see how he goes.:pipe:

hmm...you must have pretty amazing eyesight down there in Oz...

Kris Boyd guaranteed 20 goals a season and right now we don't have a striker who will do that IMO.

give the penalties to kenny miller and you have your man, going by last season. and if he can score them

0-0.

someone like Ryann Flynn ?

Cant say I have seen enough of him mate to be honest.

The link with Ledley excited me , I know it has come from The Sun , but I had read that Ally had been down to look at him a few times from more reliable sources.

If Boyd walks , offer the same deal to Ledley and see what he says , could do worse IMO.

Ryan Flynn IMO Is what we need, someone who knwos the SPL, Can easily take apart celtic, sticks on the left touchline and has bags of energy, likes to play a passing game too.

Kris Boyd guaranteed 20 goals a season and right now we don't have a striker who will do that IMO.

give the penalties to kenny miller and you have your man, going by last season. and if he can score them

(tu)

Spot on, some of Boyd's goals last season was from penalties whereas the majority of Miller's were from open play.

Yeah it’s got to be a team effort to replace Boyd, it’s going to be a real hard task for Walter to find a player with Boyd’s scoring ability!

As for Velicka & Lafferty I’m not ready to rule them out on doing their part yet!

(tu)

Spot on, some of Boyd's goals last season was from penalties whereas the majority of Miller's were from open play.

i hate it when people bring up Millers goal record when talking about him, his goal tally and team work plus his own work rate count for alot more than Boyds goals IMO. if we can get someone to link up with Kenny then i see no reason why we can have another good partnership.

hmm...you must have pretty amazing eyesight down there in Oz...

I was being metaphorical, Nuts:wink: Do you remember Andy Ritchie who played for Morton and a whole host of other diddy teams including the mhanks? and whos nickname was 'Mabawser':lol: