With Boyd leaving, it's a MASSIVE year for John Fleck

papaguy51

At times last year he was hitting form, playing well, creating chances and looking like a player only for him to be dropped for 2 months.

Time to give him a run in his proper position.

It was already a big year for Fleck regardless.

He's not a out and out goalscorer, and to lumber him with that tag and role in highly unfair. If we change our system and give him a free role behind a main striker then Fleck will grow in stature as a player.

Lets just hope he gets a opportunity to shine.

i think once he is in full confidence and realises he is the future then he wil shine, after all the plaudits he gained in the past im sure he will be looking forward to more regular footy, dont stop folks expecting too much though

I hope we don't return to the situation where Naismith can play shite for five weeks in a row and still get a game, while Fleck plays two good games and gets dropped forever.

Maybe Smith was just getting Naismith into the habit of playing regularly because he knew Boyd was for the off.

Hes an OK player.. No where near comparing him to boyd yet. Fleck is a greedy player who wont shoot.. Or pass for tht matter.

You say greedy, I say confident and self-assured.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

I hope we don't return to the situation where Naismith can play shite for five weeks in a row and still get a game, while Fleck plays two good games and gets dropped forever.

Maybe Smith was just getting Naismith into the habit of playing regularly because he knew Boyd was for the off.

as much as i hate people getting critical with the players i am of the opinion we should sell him on as he dont really contribute to much in games, never really through on goal and cant stay up-right, fair play he got trielessnes but think he aint flourished into what i hoped he would

as much as i hate people getting critical with the players i am of the opinion we should sell him on as he dont really contribute to much in games, never really through on goal and cant stay up-right, fair play he got trielessnes but think he aint flourished into what i hoped he would

Come on mate, he is still young, plenty of him for him to flourish yet. (tu)

Hes an OK player.. No where near comparing him to boyd yet. Fleck is a greedy player who wont shoot.. Or pass for tht matter.

You say greedy, I say confident and self-assured.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

There is sometimes. It is a team game and Fleck is far too greedy, he needs to learn but he will only do that by playing games. I really, really hope he does start living up to the hype.