With Boyd leaving, it's a MASSIVE year for John Fleck

papaguy51

I still hate him.

lol

did the wee man pump yer burd?

papa, its a huge year for every single person at the club not just John, i think he struggles under Walters tactics, just like Charlie Adam did, just like Davis does(although his class shines through on occasions even out of position) and just like a few other good players have in Walters team.

a huge season for the whole club

(tu)

far over-rated. he has the skill but is not consistent enough. this year he must come of age, he is old enough now and can no longer play the age card

To be consistent, he needs to play more than one or two games on the trot. If he doesn't get a decent run of games, how can he be consistent??

You really have to feel for John. Naismith has been minging for weeks but gets a run. Fleck comes in has a good game and maybe another good 20 minutes and then we don't see him for about a month or 2.

The problem with Fleck has been that there have always been quite a few ahead of him in the pecking order. With 2 of those gone, it finally gives Fleck a chance to show what he's made of.

However, what I would do is play Fleck just in behind a front 2.

Davis Edu Thomson

Fleck

Miller Lafferty

Fleck showed in the last game at Tannadice that he has developed a more mature attitude towards team play. One of his major criticisms in the past was holding the ball onto the ball too long or trying to beat one more man and eventually getting caught.

In setting up Boyd's goal in that game he realised that a perfect pass would lead to a goal rather than trying to beat 2 more men.

Hope he gets more games in his correct position, just off a front 2.

I'm yet to be convinced that Fleck is or ever can be anywhere near Rangers class.

It's early days and as he came through our youth system I truly hope he becomes a star but must admit I have my doubts.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Fleck is a talented young player but what annoys me about him is his body language and selfish attitude. At times it seems to me he is playing for John Fleck as opposed to Rangers FC. He doesn't seem to appreciate the fact that he is one very lucky young player to be at Ibrox and he really went down in my estimation when he stalled on re-signing for the club. I would give him his chance to shine by giving him plenty of starts and game time this year but if he doesn't step up to the plate and start living up to the hype I would sell him at the end of the season.

I really hope Fleck gets a good run because i really believe hes a good player..We've all seem glimpses of it, all that is needed now is for him to be trusted.

Sometimes i feel he is far to eager to impress by scoring a messi like goal, instead of putting a solid performance, however he is still young.

Hopefully he gets his chance (tu)

Doesn’t change the situation with Fleck one bit IMO.

Fair bit of pressure to put on a young boy to say one of our best goal scorers in recent memory leaving puts pressure on him.

He isn’t even the same kind of player as Boyd.

Fleck is NOT a natural striker.

His main role in the youth sides was just behind the strikers, it's where he captained the Scotland schools too, when we had SEVEN of the starting eleven back then.

Why he has played on the left and as striker just bemuses me.

Big year for a lot of our players.

We'll now play a slightly different style of football, that Boydy isn't going to be with us.

On one hand, we don't have a guarenteed 25 goals per season player now.

On the second hand, Naismith/Lafferty/Fleck/Shinnie/Loy have got big seasons ahead of them.

We'll also need more goals from midfield this season - fuck the world cup, lets get the new season started ! haha, i'm sooo lookin forward to the new season :)