Who did Boyd sign with ?

Redsox1

you can`t blame Bain here.

Rangers should have had him signed up over 2 years ago.

nope we signed lafferty / velicka instead to do better ! both poor.

Smith done nothing to try and keep him.

Making an offer now is a joke.

I`m sure feels not really wanted

Why the fuck would you offer a contract extension to someone with 2 years left on their contract? That just makes no business sense whatsoever.

Are you for real ?

It happens all the time in football .

you keep your best players by signing them to long term contracts.

If it was left to dumbasses like you everyone would be on worth very little 1 year deals or worth zero 6 month deals.

As for Business sense you have zero business sense. Boyd will go for ZERO if we had signed him up 2 years ago on a 4 year deal we would have got him at cheaper wages and if walter didn`t fancy him anymore we would have got £5 million + for him because he would have still had 2 years left on his deal.

People need to waken up when it comes to contracts. Players who score goals for fun will always be worth money end of story .

Rangers messed this up again big time. like we did with laudrup.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do we now believe reports from no where .

It`s only because Smith thinks he`s going.

The same smith that said we were in deep sh@te the day after celtic lost to Killie.

There is times I wish Smith would just shut up.

If boyd does go I`d put the blame squarely at smiths door.

He done nothing but slaughter him when he should have been giving him a new contract long ago.

If we didn't have Smith and his comments we wouldn't have a clue what the fuck is going on at Ibrox at the moment.

Boyd was a lazy cunt before this management team changed the way he thought a striker should play, he sometimes goes back into his old way but he realises that if you want to play regularly, just standing there in the box hoping a ball finds it way to you is not enough anymore.

The silence from the boardroom has been fucking deafening, Smith wants this out in the open we fans and shareholders deserve to know what is happening at our club, at least I do.

There has been one constant steadiness in the last year, that constant has been Smith, I would, at the moment take him before Boyd.

and that still isnt enough to play for a club he loves ?

if he goes i dont want to see him back in a year or twos times. he made the wrong choice, we should never resign a player who choose to leave.

do you think hes worth breaking the bank ? i dont, 20K a week is far more than enough to play for rangers, to play for rangers means more than money. if he doesnt see that then fuck him.

and that still isnt enough to play for a club he loves ?

if he goes i dont want to see him back in a year or twos times. he made the wrong choice, we should never resign a player who choose to leave.

This I agree with.

When has it ever worked with us??

yes but what boydy thinks he worth the same as the higest earners which i agree hes the one like it or not his goals have won us two in a row he should be rewarded for his efforts the same as the bg earners at ibrox, take rothen(£30k per week) for fuck all and boydy score goals

He's 100% not worth restructuring our wage budget for. Stupid decisions like that are the reason we're in such a financial mess.

we are not restructing our budget players are on more than him the club broke the structure for them

yes but what boydy thinks he worth the same as the higest earners which i agree hes the one like it or not his goals have won us two in a row he should be rewarded for his efforts the same as the bg earners at ibrox, take rothen(£30k per week) for fuck all and boydy score goals

What was reported after we offered him 18K was that he wanted it round up to 20, he was happy with that, and he still hasnt signed.

why do you seem to think this is everyone else's fault but Boyds ?

We have no earners anywhere near 30k a week, we simply cannot afford it.

As the former chairman used to say "you have to cut your cloth accordingly".

Yes but Rothen is not at Ibrox and hasn't been for months!! doh And also we have an agreed business plan in place with the bank so that its agreeable with both parties. Boyd knows where the club stands, he is probably well aware of the new wage structure also. He is, imo, being greedy, the reported £20k a week is MORE than adequate for someone of Boyds talents. Yes he can put the ball in the net(been more than helpful for us) but he cannot lead the line like Miller can and that is why we can't nor should we be getting all emotional about this.

you can`t blame Bain here.

Rangers should have had him signed up over 2 years ago.

nope we signed lafferty / velicka instead to do better ! both poor.

Smith done nothing to try and keep him.

Making an offer now is a joke.

I`m sure feels not really wanted

Why the fuck would you offer a contract extension to someone with 2 years left on their contract? That just makes no business sense whatsoever.

Are you for real ?

It happens all the time in football .

you keep your best players by signing them to long term contracts.

If it was left to dumbasses like you everyone would be on worth very little 1 year deals or worth zero 6 month deals.

As for Business sense you have zero business sense. Boyd will go for ZERO if we had signed him up 2 years ago on a 4 year deal we would have got him at cheaper wages and if walter didn`t fancy him anymore we would have got £5 million + for him because he would have still had 2 years left on his deal.

People need to waken up when it comes to contracts. Players who score goals for fun will always be worth money end of story .

Rangers messed this up again big time. like we did with laudrup.

You really are a fucking rocket! When someone has 2 years left on a deal, extending that deal would mean giving the unneccessary signing on fee. I'm dumasses like me were in charge, Boyd would have been offered a deal earlier in the season. And fuck me, do you know what? He was! I'm all for long term contracts for the correct players, but Boyd was already on a fucking long term contract! You don't just keep re-extending it when it isn't required!

No you are the rocket !

they tend to just get higher wages now not a signing on fee.

thats usually for out of contract players.

A bit like the players used to get a % of the transfer fee.( they don`t anymore)

But in your dumb ass world it would be too much to give hime a couple 100k signing on fee or increase his wages a bit opossed to losing him for nothing when you could get £5million + for him.

2 years is not a long term contract ! you are a twat if you think it is.

players are sold for half there value if they have 1 year left .

peanuts if they are under it.

we could have got £5m+ easy for Boyd but didn`t want to extend his contract till too late.

I`ll make it simple for you KEV.

You said Boyd was on a long term deal."Boyd was signed on a long term contract. He still had 2 years left of said contract. There was no need to offer him a new deal. No club in the world would've!

" wrong ! he had 2 years left when rangers should have resigned him.

Loads of clubs renegotiate terms with players long before there contracts are up.

Do you think man utd would leave rooney to the last minute . NO !

"You seem to have fogotten that we've not been able to sign anyone of late!" rangers should have signed him up to a better deal 2 years ago . Remember then ! when we spent £18m on players !(mendes ,davis, lafferty ,valicka , edu )

People have to remember boyd has been there getting a lot less than most people yet being the top scorer every year. And I`m sure lafferty will be on the 15-20k a week bracket while Boyd was on 9k. I`m sure I`d be pissed off at that.

There was a need to get him signed up because we now lose out on £5m +.

we did have the money when it should have been done.

As of now Boyd still hasn`t signed with anyone.

I`d be pissed off if he signed for another team for say 25k a week but if he ends up getting a lot more

well thats up to him.

What gets me is that if he really wants to leave why hasn`t he signed for some one else yet ?

he will get no more money now than he would have got signing a pre contract.

I just think he`s not away yet.

Guest therabbitt

the management must not think hes worth any more

(tu)

Sounds to me like a take it or leave it offer was given to Boyd and he (or his management) said no thanks, perhaps taking this threat as an idle one that was part of the bargaining process. To me, Smith going to the papers with his quotes will have been quite a shock to Boyd who I'd guess hadn't made his mind up he was leaving - essentially now Smith has made Boyd's decision an easy one for him.

Smith was always swithering over offering Boyd a new deal anyway, especially with inflated terms. McCoist was the one who was adament that he should stay.