is anyonw in the roi squad actually from ireland?

GOAT

Its always been that way for them Aldridge, McAteer, Townsend, McCarthy, Cascarino :lol:. Scotland has a few English players and Im pretty certain NI may have an English/Scottish player in the aquad. Its sad thats what "international" football is about but its common, look at the Dutch with all the Suriname's players (Winter, Davids etc) and France had people like Desailly. Guess thats how it is now adays <cr>

When it's just a case of figuring you're not good enough to make the squad of the country you're born in I think it's a bit of a shit move to play for someone else (ie. most ROI players of the 90s 'golden age') but if you play for the country that you consider to be your nationality because of loyalty to that country, whether or not you were born there shouldn't make a difference. I do think there ought to be stronger ties than like, one grandparent or something though (I'm thinking McGeady here). You should have to be either born in the country or have both parents from there. Andy Goram is Scottish. Aiden McGeady is not Irish.

I agree their are a lot of boat jumpers.

But they do have a few Irish.

Makes me laugh when they have a manager who cannot speak English, normal I suppose.

You obviously have never heard Berti Vogts nattering.:lol:

We've a couple I think, I know Maik Taylors English. I'm sure theres others but can't thik of any more.

What about that guy that used to play for us, Brian McLean? Did he not choose NI over Scotland? Does he ever get a game for NI?

We've a couple I think, I know Maik Taylors English. I'm sure theres others but can't thik of any more.

What about that guy that used to play for us, Brian McLean? Did he not choose NI over Scotland? Does he ever get a game for NI?

Na hes only ever played 1 game I think.