Barry Ferguson

Clemdog

With differing views over Boyd's choice of leaving the club..What did you think back in 2003 when Barry left?

The transfer happening almost 7 years ago means I cant really remember the details of it as i was only 11, but it seems what has annoyed alot of Rangers fans is Boyd has been decieving, and a money grabbing bastard, not mentioning the fact he has been a coward and not come forward saying he is leaving, or his 'reasons' behind it.

Was it the same with Barrys transfer? I know there are differences in the situation with Boyd being out of contract.

But what do you think back then?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time Mr Ferguson gave up the honour of being the Rangers captain. He did what was best for himself, as he has done on numerous occasions since. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it grates a bit when you hear him talking about being buried in his Rangers strip.

Rangers wanted the money for ferguson back then and helped him out the door.

we were skint then as well.

Ferguson never asked for a transfer.

he was not money grabbing.

people seem to forget the roll played by rangers in the ferguson move.

we were 70m in debt when ferguson left the first time and ferguson had just had his greatest ever season in a rangers jersey, so his value that summer was always going to be high.

towards the end of his second spell my opinion of barry changed every so often, but its only now hes left again you realise he was a special, special player for Rangers.

Barrys a Rangers legend, he was our captain and made over 400 appearances.

He was a special player for us and was forced out, he will forever be remembered in my heart and will be remembered as a true Rangers legend.

I fucking love Barry Ferguson !

Boyds a money grabbing bastard and i don't want to see him back at Ibrox again.

Boyds been offered 20+ grand a week to stay at the club he loves and he rejected so fuck him.

Fuck Boyd. (tu)

Judas Judas Judas !

I agree Fergie is a Rangers legend but I beg to differ on Boyd.

you don`t know what he`s been offered.18 / 20 /24k ?

If he`s been offered 40k else where he has a right to choose.

Also where has it been said that he will not be playing for Rangers next year ?

Hope you have not just read Walter doesn`t THINK he will be there .

Boyd hasn`t made his mind up yet . his right to take time to think it over .

Like it was Rangers right to take forever to resign him .

Rangers could have got him for 18k a when they had the chance but all they did was moan about his work rate .

instead of signing him up and working on his bad bits.

Poor management IMO.

I agree Fergie is a Rangers legend but I beg to differ on Boyd.

you don`t know what he`s been offered.18 / 20 /24k ?

If he`s been offered 40k else where he has a right to choose.

Also where has it been said that he will not be playing for Rangers next year ?

Hope you have not just read Walter doesn`t THINK he will be there .

Boyd hasn`t made his mind up yet . his right to take time to think it over .

Like it was Rangers right to take forever to resign him .

Rangers could have got him for 18k a when they had the chance but all they did was moan about his work rate .

instead of signing him up and working on his bad bits.

Poor management IMO.

Have to agree with this. If he was offered a new contract before the start of the 2009/10 season i'm sure he would've accept.

Barry is a Rangers legend and theres no denying it, he was hounded by the fans, the media and the club itself is a disgraceful manner when he left this time, I can understand why folk would be mad at him leaving the first time though.

I was gutted when Barry left the first time. I was nowhere near as gutted when I heard about Boyd leaving, maybe because it has been dragging on for so long I just started expecting him to leave.

I really believe Kris Boyd needs Rangers a lot more than we need him. It will be very interesting to see how if he gets away with his lazy performances in the EPL.

IMO Its okay if a player comes out and says he wants a shot down south, but to have no word from boyd, to be played all this time and everyone hanging on to every last one of his words was annoying. Hes came out and said things which will keep him here, IIRC Everythings happened which he has wanted apart from a takeover, Smith has stayed we have offered him more than enough to play for your boyhood club, and yet he still doesnt want to stay.

best of luck to him but if it doesnt go to well then thats because he made the wrong choice, his own choice. and we should never resign a player who didnt want to stay in the first place, so i dont want to see him back if he leaves.

From what I remember Ferguson's departure was much more 'out of the blue' than what's happening with Boyd. Wasn't it a few days before a very important second leg of a CL qualifier in Copenhagen? I don't go along with this 'he was forced out' theory. Not saying there was no pressure at all but I think it's just a fanboi excuse for his actions.

I also think he's a greatly over rated player my many Bears. Good player, but never top drawer...although it looked as if that was what he was destined for in the early days.

I had just turned 13 and I was gutted the first time.

He was my hero and he had a brilliant 2002/2003 season and I couldn't understand why he would leave.

Plus the fact I had been on holiday near Loch Lomond the month before and bought a Barry Ferguson t-shirt from the Ibrox store, and got the number 6 on the back of my Rangers top but my own name.

I would love to see Barry in a Rangers strip again with out a doubt on my part

A fantastic player

A fantastic servant

and a true blue.

different class as he has shown this season.

Alot of people are too stubborn to change thier negative opinion of barry,but the facts were in his last season he missed a whole pre season due to a injury aggravated by playing through the pain barrier for the club he loves. NOBODY who misses a whole pre season in professional football will be 100% ESPECIALLY when he first plays after his comeback.

But then again these same stubborn people were calling for walters head at the same time and look at what he has achieved with his two hands tied behind his back and the lights turned off! absolute incredible achievements with such limited resources.

He played through the pain barrier for us and probably wrecked what could have been a glittering career because of it so I will always respect him for that.

In terms of Rangers we've relied on players like him and Boyd through different management teams since McLeish's reign and it hasn't brought us all of the silverware we wanted.

Let's just move on.

Barry is not, and never will be, a Rangers legend

Barry is in the hall of fame so he IS a Rangers legend.

Amoruso is in the Hall of Fame, That shows you how ridiculous the Hall of Fame has become

Why should he not be in the hall of fame ?

The likes of Gazza are considered legends when Ferguson gave so much more to Rangers.

Amoruso is in the Hall of Fame, That shows you how ridiculous the Hall of Fame has become

The likes of Gazza are considered legends when Ferguson gave so much more to Rangers.

Amoruso? he was always one step away from calamity - see the game against Monaco at Ibrox

The way Ferguson conducted himself during the Le Guen fiasco and while on Scotland duty last year means he can never be considered a legend in my eyes

Plus in his 2nd spell I dont think he had 2 decent games in a row

you have to be on the wind up mate?

5 TITLES 5 SCOTTISH CUPS 5 LEAGUE CUPS

yes! your right he has no place in the hall of fame :wink:

Amoruso? he was always one step away from calamity - see the game against Monaco at Ibrox

The way Ferguson conducted himself during the Le Guen fiasco and while on Scotland duty last year means he can never be considered a legend in my eyes

oh the famous '2nd spell'

as i said earlier

Alot of people are too stubborn to change thier negative opinion of barry,but the facts were in his last season he missed a whole pre season due to a injury aggravated by playing through the pain barrier for the club he loves. NOBODY who misses a whole pre season in professional football will be 100% ESPECIALLY when he first plays after his comeback.

But then again these same stubborn people were calling for walters head at the same time and look at what he has achieved with his two hands tied behind his back and the lights turned off! absolute incredible achievements with such limited resources.

I meant Ferguson but fair enough m8.

oh the famous '2nd spell'

as i said earlier

I see you completely ignored the PLG/Scotland part - Barry made his own bed and he can lie in it