US Friendly against Turkey

Lando

American's defence was a bit dodgy for the first 20 minutes that i watched :(

That was what I just read, too. They will need to work on that before WC starts for them on June 12.

I'm sure TG will chime in later.

I see that TG is in this thread now. He will have the answers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/29/usa-turkey-international-friendly

The USA came from behind to claim a morale-boosting victory over Turkey in their final match before heading to South Africa for the World Cup.

Arda Turan opened the scoring after 27 minutes for the visitors in front of more than 55,000 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. But Jozy Altidore netted just before the hour mark to level things up and Clint Dempsey struck the winner 15 minutes from time.

Turkey pressed early on and missed decent chances through Tuncay and Hamit Altintop, before the USA responded with wayward strikes from Dempsey and Benny Feilhaber. Turkey's opener was taken on the break after the USA's Jonathan Spector was dispossessed following a neat run. Turan gained possession of the ball and attacked unchallenged before striking past Tim Howard.

Both sides could have scored just before the break, but Tuncay's shot was deflected narrowly over and Dempsey could not get on the end of Altidore's dangerous cross.

The USA coach, Bob Bradley, made four substitutions at half-time and one of the replacements, Robbie Findley, made an immediate impact. Ten minutes after the break, he controlled well before shooting wide. Three minutes later he had a hand in the equaliser. He played in Landon Donovan and the Los Angeles Galaxy striker narrowly avoided the Turkey goalkeeper Volkan Demirel, selflessly setting up Altidore to tap home.

Turkey went looking for a winner, but when the goal arrived it came at the other end. Again Donovan was the architect as, from a short throw, the former Everton player found Dempsey, who controlled well and finished. Dempsey and Jose Torres narrowly missed chances to add a third for the hosts in the closing moments, but there was still plenty of encouragement for the home fans.

The USA have one more warm-up game, against Australia in Roodepoort, before opening their Group C campaign against England.

Arda Turan tore Spector to pieces, Cherundolo has to start at RB from now on

Bocanegra is miles better than Bornstein or Pearce. Onyewu looked better to

Clark was pretty bad in midfield, he still looks rusty to me. Torres and Findley looked pretty good when they came on in the second half.

Against Australia next week I'd go:

Howard

Cherundolo--Onyewu--DeMerit--Bocanegra

Dempsey--Bradley--Edu--Donovan

Altidore--Findley

That's the best I can come up with

Can't Holden play out wide?

Wouldn't mind seeing Dempsey playing just behind Altidore and have Holden and Landon out wide.

Yeah that's another option, although I think Dempsey plays much better for the US wide right. We need pace up front so that's why I would have Findley start

Wouldn't mind seeing Dempsey playing just behind Altidore and have Holden and Landon out wide.

Yeah that's another option, although I think Dempsey plays much better for the US wide right. We need pace up front so that's why I would have Findley start

I was gonna say stick Landon up top and keep Dempsey out wide, but then I wasn't sure if Holden can play at left mid as well. I rate him very highly, looked good every time I've saw him play.

I saw Robbie Rogers play the other night for the first time too and he looked like a good wee player.

Overall though, I don't care who Bob Bradley plays, as long as the USA win and do well then I'm happy. :D!

Edu and Beasley didn't get on.

I always thought they were pretty close?

Both were involved in the last game, Bradley was more than likely using this game to see other players in the provisional squad.

Holden started wide right in the last friendly IIRC