Boyd edges closer to joining Shota

RFC55

KRIS BOYD last night edged closer to joining Kayserispor after holding talks with boss Shota Arveladze.

MailSport can reveal the telephone discussions were positive and Boyd is now weighing up a three-year contract offer that would earn him £2.2million each season.

But Middlesbrough have emerged as the Turkish club's main rival for the out-of-contract Rangers star. Boro boss Gordon Strachan has made it clear he is keen to land Boyd and has been chasing him since January.

However, Arveladze is in pole position and wants to play to Boyd's strengths by using him as a penalty-box predator in Turkey.

Former Rangers striker Arveladze will now meet Boyd face to face. And the Georgian told MailSport: "I have had conversations with Kris and we will talk some more.

"I'm hopeful he will decide to come here but I know he has other options.

"I really want him to join me. I've made this a priority and hope the personal touch I've added to the move will work in my favour.

"Some coaches prefer to let the club president do the talking but I think the coach should always speak to the player and outline plans."

Boyd has played his last game for Rangers and a decision on his future is expected within a fortnight. Newcastle, Blackburn, Wolves, Birmingham, Ankaragucu and Bursaspor are also still in the running.

Meanwhile, Gers boss Walter Smith is considering a move for Lee Miller.

The former Aberdeen star moved to Middlesbrough in January but could be tempted back nor th by Smith.

This is a Mark "taig" guidi exclusive tho guys.

If he goes to Turkey it really proves its all about the money. A team who finished 8th in there leauge with fuck all chance of winning anything, aye good on yae Kris ehrolleyes.gif

Btw Lee Milleranguish.gif

Turkey :lol:

Lee Miller :anguish:

I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign Lee Miller. He's garbage tho, and I don't want him anywhere near Rangers. Roll on September...

Turkey laugh.gif

Lee Miller anguish.gif

I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign Lee Miller. He's garbage tho, and I don't want him anywhere near Rangers. Roll on September...

For around 400-700k that it will cost to buy this creep we could scour the European leauges ie Portugal, Russia, Romania etc for a goalscorer who would come in the same price range and be around 3 times the player Lee Miller is. It was hard enough watching him play for Aberdeen and i fucking despise them

Turkey laugh.gif

Lee Miller anguish.gif

For around 400-700k that it will cost to buy this creep we could scour the European leauges ie Portugal, Russia, Romania etc for a goalscorer who would come in the same price range and be around 3 times the player Lee Miller is. It was hard enough watching him play for Aberdeen and i fucking despise them

Treading water?

This is the sort of signing, if the story is true, which prompted me to say that.

KRIS BOYD last night edged closer to joining Kayserispor after holding talks with boss Shota Arveladze.

Boyd has played his last game for Rangers and a decision on his future is expected within a fortnight. Newcastle, Blackburn, Wolves, Birmingham, Ankaragucu and Bursaspor are also still in the running.

Meanwhile, Gers boss Walter Smith is considering a move for Lee Miller.

The former Aberdeen star moved to Middlesbrough in January but could be tempted back nor th by Smith.

This is a Mark "taig" guidi exclusive tho guys.

If he goes to Turkey it really proves its all about the money. A team who finished 8th in there leauge with fuck all chance of winning anything, aye good on yae Kris ehrolleyes.gif

I'm fucking sure all these "TOP CLASS" teams mentioned would be a massive step up in quality for Boyd to challenge himself at...:anguish: Fuck my ginger cat.:animal:

I could imagine Boyd over there...:wanker: A greedy Goose in Turkey.

With the exception of Newcastle why would Boyd go to any of the clubs mentioned! They are the only ones with potential.

except Bursaspor who are Turkish champions and in the UCL, but not one of the other sides are in European competition or ever likely to be

If this is true (i said IF!) - it goes against everything Boyd ever insisted was his reason for remaining at Ibrox, namely that he didn't want to be far away from his Mother, who he is very close with, therefore he was reluctant to go to Birmingham.

Therefore....unless my Google Map is pretty fucked, Turkey is a helluva lot further away fae his maw than Brummy Land.

So, its money based only....unless his maw's moving wi him!!!!

Get yer passport oot maw....we're moving to Turkey! oh, and mind n get the address for Bullit n Co so we can send postcards!!

If this is true (i said IF!) - it goes against everything Boyd ever insisted was his reason for remaining at Ibrox, namely that he didn't want to be far away from his Mother, who he is very close with, therefore he was reluctant to go to Birmingham.

Therefore....unless my Google Map is pretty fucked, Turkey is a helluva lot further away fae his maw than Brummy Land.

So, its money based only....unless his maw's moving wi him!!!!

Get yer passport oot maw....we're moving to Turkey! oh, and mind n get the address for Bullit n Co so we can send postcards!!

Whats that c/o mrs whoever

Westminster street

Londonrolleyes.gif

I really doubt he will go to Turkey, we still haven't heard anything directly from Boyd saying he is definitely going anywhere.

I know I am being very naive if I think he won't be leaving after what Walter said, stranger things have happened though.

I just dont see boyd going to turkey and my money would be on Newcastle to sign him! As for Lee Miller joining us no thanks, if he aint good enough for Middlesbourgh then hes nowhere near good enough for the rangers! (tu)