Boyd edges closer to joining Shota

RFC55

I think he will go, try something different, good weather, idolised by the turkish fans (if he scores as as he's done here) and up to £2m per year.... then come back to rangers and finish career with a sun tan, a few bob and less weight! ;)

I've lost all respect for Boyd. After the 'Depends on whether Walter stays' shite. Just fuck off now Boyd...we know what you're about.

And Turkey? ffs! Boyd can't handle the heat in Glasgow...

Seriously pissed off with him now.

I've lost all respect for Boyd. After the 'Depends on whether Walter stays' shite. Just fuck off now Boyd...we know what you're about.

(tu) yeah well said, pissed off as well, need to get rid of the boyd sig :clap:

the way foljs talk of boyd now that he looks to be going reeks of two faced-dom sort of thingy, cant have our cake and eat it, its lke fukk everything he has helped us achieve, good luck boyd

To be fair to Boyd, though, the Turkish Super Lig is one of the fastest advancing leagues in Europe. If you look at the teams rising in the UEFA Co-efficients, Turkey, Russia and Romania are rising quickly while Scotland has been on a long descent. The clubs have large amounts of money to spend and rabid fanbases. Former Villa and City striker Darius Vassell went to MKE Ankaragucu and writes an interesting blog about life in Turkish football, if anyone is interested. http://www.vassell.net/Ankaragucu/Blog/Blog.html

It is sad to see him leave, but it is not like he was going to retire here. Setting scoring records like he had done, it was only a matter of time until he wanted to try his luck elsewhere. All the best to him wherever he goes. As for the nonsense he was spouting in contract negotiations to the press and public, it is just that, they are comments only meant not to burn any bridges when he had no idea of where to go.

To be fair to Boyd, though, the Turkish Super Lig is one of the fastest advancing leagues in Europe. If you look at the teams rising in the UEFA Co-efficients, Turkey, Russia and Romania are rising quickly while Scotland has been on a long descent. The clubs have large amounts of money to spend and rabid fanbases. Former Villa and City striker Darius Vassell went to MKE Ankaragucu and writes an interesting blog about life in Turkish football, if anyone is interested. http://www.vassell.net/Ankaragucu/Blog/Blog.html

It is sad to see him leave, but it is not like he was going to retire here. Setting scoring records like he had done, it was only a matter of time until he wanted to try his luck elsewhere. All the best to him wherever he goes. As for the nonsense he was spouting in contract negotiations to the press and public, it is just that, they are comments only meant not to burn any bridges when he had no idea of where to go.

(tu) spot on, cant blame him, boosted our silverware while boosting his profile

I agree with you hows he going to handle the temp in Turkey, he moaned about the bit of hot weather we had over here ffs

Kayserispor ? :craphead: why would he do that ? that club won't ever finish anywhere near the top 6.

he's been the main striker for Rangers ffs, i wouldn't even approve a move to likes of Newcastle, Boro etc... get a grip man. doh

Kayserispor ? :craphead: why would he do that ? that club won't ever finish anywhere near the top 6.

he's been the main striker for Rangers ffs, i wouldn't even approve a move to likes of Newcastle, Boro etc... get a grip man. doh

Wouldn't be so sure of that. The Turkish League is far more competitive than the EPL or SPL, and Kayserispor are very ambitious and backed by very wealthy investors.