Gio on his time at the Rangers

Boab

Gio was a great buy for Rangers and remember that he was only 23 years of age when he came to Ibrox and a regular in the Dutch national team , so he was never going to stay too long in Glasgow before he moved on to bigger clubs, something he didn't keep a secret about, if I remember correctly.

I can't see why the hell anybody would give him dogs abuse for wanting to go play in the EPL, because although I can't remember what sum we paid Feyenoord for him we got £8.5 for him when we sold him to Arsenal, which was good business in my books.

He would sure come in handy now for us.

Rangers wasn't my top as I knew that after that I would make other steps to a higher level.

Loved the player but not sure I like his attitude now. Fair enough he went on to Barca but look at the way Gattuso speaks about us still.

If he was just trying to say the SPL is pish, fair enough.

David Murray was thought of as a very astute businessman, he had built up an empire worth millions and was treated like a hero by the fans..

He should have seen it coming

He was the one that kept spending until we were 80m in debt, not Advocaat, not the fans, Murray

He was the one that reduced the debt to around 5m and promised "this time net year we'll be debt free"

He was the one that sanctioned a crazy spending spree after Kaunas, basically to massage his ego, never mind the fact it put us in the shite again

He is the guy that has sold off our land and money making revenues

"aw we should all huv kent better, im fae the scheme by the way did i tell ye that?"

Thats what I said - If he did predict it, he didn't care

It was reckless and we are paying the price

As for the last comment, you can fuck right off

I liked him as a player, but I heard that his last year was frowned upon in Ibrox. The way it was told to me was that apparently he had to undergo a hernia op and there were two procedures open to him. One would have been minimally invasive and thus would have seen and an "out of action" time of only a few weeks. He opted for the full op and then lay about for the rest of the season, happy in the knowledge that he was off to Arsenal and would arrive there injury free as he wasn't going to do much for us again - this was a choice rather than a physical necessity. Not the best of attitudes if true. Anyone else hear anything similar?

:angry: