Who's Fault?

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who caused the crash?

• Vettel
    • Webber
    • Both at fault

6 AM' [quote name=Jamie1807' date='02 June 2010 - 12:52 PM'

Both were at fault however thats weight roughly 70-30 towards Vettel.

Vettel should have been more aware of what he was doing, everyone knows thats a bumpy part of the track, regardless of whether he intentionally moved across or was thrown across slightly by the bumps it doesn't matter, having said that Webber also should have known that this was a bumpy part of the track and should have left more room with Vettel than he would anyone else, at the end of the day it IS a team sport and a RB 1-2 should of been the most important thing for both drivers.

Jenson and Lewis shown how you should race against your team mate a few laps latter, they touched, but crucially they had left each other enough room entering the turn that the touch was damaging.

Team sport??? are you kidding me...Ask ANY driver in any racing category anywhere in the world about who they try and beat 1st and foremost and you will get a 100% answer that it's your team mate.

These guys are playing for sheep stations, as we say in Australia, and there's no fucking way that Webber should have let him through and handed him the world championship lead.

It is important to the team to wrap up the constructors championship, but no driver even thinks of that fact when he is in a battle with some other dude... team mate or no team mate.

team sport indeed.dohMoto GP with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo anyone?:anguish:

Yes it IS a team sport, at the end of the day its the TEAM that pays their wages and allows them to pocket millions more in sponsorship money, if your not a team player the team will simply sack you. Obviously you must firstly beat you team-mate to become number one in your team, but you must also be sensible about it, both the drivers on sunday cost Red Bull MILLIONS of pounds by effectively wrecking two cars and losing points, and possibly BOTH the constructors and drivers championships.

Funny you should bring that up, I watch MotoGP also, and yes you see them racing hard against each other, but you also don't see them running each other off the road by getting too close and needlessly making contact.

As I've said most of the blame has to lie at Vettels door, but Webber is NOT blameless in all of this, and as I have also already stated you just need to look a few laps further into the race on sunday to see how team-mates should race against each other.

You must have missed a few rounds, mac....:wink:

I've watched every round and can't recall any contact between the two , some very hard racing last season and this but cant recall them running each other of the road , What race was this your on about ?

I wasn't talking about this season.They whacked each other a few times in 2008 and 2009 seasons...and by the way, this season has a long way to go yet, so don't bet on it happening again.

Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel weren't team mates in the 2008 season.

I don't recall any other incidents where they've ran into each other apart from Sunday.

You have got the wrong end of the stick jamie...I was talking about Rossi and Lorenzo being team mates in Moto GP since 2008.

Vettel was driving for Toro Rosso (The sister team to RBR and owned by Red Bull owner Dieter Mateschitz) when he rammed Webber under safety car conditions during the Japanese GP in 2007 when Webber was odds on to pass Hamilton for his maiden GP victory...That had a lot to do with Hamilton playing silly cunts with the safety car rules mind you, but Vettel wasn't concentrating.

Just thought I'd clear that up for you.(tu)

Vettel should have been more aware of what he was doing, everyone knows thats a bumpy part of the track, regardless of whether he intentionally moved across or was thrown across slightly by the bumps it doesn't matter, having said that Webber also should have known that this was a bumpy part of the track and should have left more room with Vettel than he would anyone else, at the end of the day it IS a team sport and a RB 1-2 should of been the most important thing for both drivers.

Jenson and Lewis shown how you should race against your team mate a few laps latter, they touched, but crucially they had left each other enough room entering the turn that the touch was damaging.

Team sport??? are you kidding me...Ask ANY driver in any racing category anywhere in the world about who they try and beat 1st and foremost and you will get a 100% answer that it's your team mate.

These guys are playing for sheep stations, as we say in Australia, and there's no fucking way that Webber should have let him through and handed him the world championship lead.

It is important to the team to wrap up the constructors championship, but no driver even thinks of that fact when he is in a battle with some other dude... team mate or no team mate.

team sport indeed.dohMoto GP with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo anyone?:anguish:

Yes it IS a team sport, at the end of the day its the TEAM that pays their wages and allows them to pocket millions more in sponsorship money, if your not a team player the team will simply sack you. Obviously you must firstly beat you team-mate to become number one in your team, but you must also be sensible about it, both the drivers on sunday cost Red Bull MILLIONS of pounds by effectively wrecking two cars and losing points, and possibly BOTH the constructors and drivers championships.

Funny you should bring that up, I watch MotoGP also, and yes you see them racing hard against each other, but you also don't see them running each other off the road by getting too close and needlessly making contact.

As I've said most of the blame has to lie at Vettels door, but Webber is NOT blameless in all of this, and as I have also already stated you just need to look a few laps further into the race on sunday to see how team-mates should race against each other.

I've watched every round and can't recall any contact between the two , some very hard racing last season and this but cant recall them running each other of the road , What race was this your on about ?

I wasn't talking about this season.They whacked each other a few times in 2008 and 2009 seasons...and by the way, this season has a long way to go yet, so don't bet on it happening again.

Neither was I , have watched every round since Lorenzo appeared and still cant recall either of them knocking each other off the track , they have pressurised each other off the track but no physical contact i can recall. (tu) then again maybe its old age setting in :(

6 AM' [quote name=Jamie1807' date='02 June 2010 - 12:52 PM'

Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel weren't team mates in the 2008 season.

I don't recall any other incidents where they've ran into each other apart from Sunday.

You have got the wrong end of the stick jamie...I was talking about Rossi and Lorenzo being team mates in Moto GP since 2008.

Vettel was driving for Toro Rosso (The sister team to RBR and owned by Red Bull owner Dieter Mateschitz) when he rammed Webber under safety car conditions during the Japanese GP in 2007 when Webber was odds on to pass Hamilton for his maiden GP victory...That had a lot to do with Hamilton playing silly cunts with the safety car rules mind you, but Vettel wasn't concentrating.

Just thought I'd clear that up for you.(tu)

Thought was still on about Mark and Sebastian doh