Broadfoot charged with assault and breach of the peace

andyspeake

A Rangers player was arrested in connection with an alleged assault in Ayr at the weekend, it has been confirmed.

Scotland international defender Kirk Broadfoot, 25, was stopped by police after an incident in Gartferry Court, Ayr, on Sunday.

He is due to appear at Ayr Sheriff Court later this month.

Broadfoot signed for Rangers in 2007 after moving from St Mirren. The club did not comment on the matter.

A Strathclyde Police spokesman said: "A 25-year-old is the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal in connection with an alleged assault and breach of the peace following an incident at Gartferry Court in Ayr on Sunday."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/10203731.stm

The daily records take on this was quite funny, it said something along the lines of

"An official from Rangers was unavailable to comment"

then it said "A club source said: This is the kind of thing we dont want linked with the club" or something along those lines

doh

Rumour on another forum

Kris Broadfoot is to face further charges of lying to police on his charge sheet??relating to the weekend incident...when asked by the duty sargeant what his occupation was Broadfoot replied "proffesional Footballer" :craphead:

aye he was done before, i remember years ago in the paper when he was up an coming with st midden he got done for assault, volleying somecunt in the nut i think. Sure it was something like that but it was defo him.

Hey Bears,

Sky sports news reporting Kirk has been arrested under suspicion of assault. I known Kirk from school and we played for the same boys club together and im shocked to hear this!

Lets all remember you are innocent until proven guilty and lets all get behind him as a player for our Club.

Best of luck Kirk, hope this does not affect anything with regards to him playing for us!

Sorry if it is a repost!

Hey Bears,

Sky sports news reporting Kirk has been arrested under suspicion of assault. I known Kirk from school and we played for the same boys club together and im shocked to hear this!

Lets all remember you are innocent until proven guilty and lets all get behind him as a player for our Club.

Best of luck Kirk, hope this does not affect anything with regards to him playing for us!

Sorry if it is a repost!

where does it say he's actually in jail? Surely he will be the cop shop at worst, possibly even bailed by now pending a court appearance. Good luck to him though, hope he isnt found guilty.