Final England Squad

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thing Joe Cole is very overated?

Yes.

I doubt that but I really dont see the fuss about him. What has he done this season that merits a place in the squad?

Capello did say he would be picking players on form which he obv isnt as Bent isnt going and Zamora wasnt even considered.

BBC World Cup coverage kicks off

LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY (all times BST)

No refreshNo need to reload page, content below updates automatically. More info

To get involved, use 606 or text us your views on 81111 (UK) or +44 7786200666 (worldwide). (Not all comments can be used. Messages will be charged at your standard operator rate)

By Jonathan Stevenson

1313: BBC Radio 5 live reckon Joe Cole is in the England squad.

1311: We can confirm that Theo Walcott has been omitted by Fabio Capello. Meanwhile the plot thickens below as the Northern Echo suggest Manchester City winger Adam Johnson is not in the squad either, while NOTW's Neil Ashton is now saying Shaun Wright-Phillips has made the final 23.

From [journalist] Scottwilsonecho on Twitter: "Sounds like former Boro boy Adam Johnson has missed out as well. Not a good day for the north-east."

From philmcnulty on Twitter: "If the rumour that Walcott is out of England's World Cup squad is confirmed, what a comedown for the hat-trick hero of Zagreb."

1302: Sky sources are agreeing with Matt Law (below) that Theo Walcott is not in the England World Cup squad. This isn't official, just to be clear.

From [journalist] MattLawExpress on Twitter: "Walcott out of England World Cup squad - gutted for him."

1256: Here's where we are England squad-wise: Sky are saying Darren Bent has been left out, while the News of the World's Neil Ashton reckons Michael Carrick is on the plane.

From [journalist] NeilAshton_NOTW on Twitter: "Relief for Carrick, he's in England squad."

BBC live text

Yes.

I doubt that but I really dont see the fuss about him. What has he done this season that merits a place in the squad?

Capello did say he would be picking players on form which he obv isnt as Bent isnt going and Zamora wasnt even considered.

Invalid argument. Bobby Zamora called Fabio and told him not to consider him for the squad because he picked up an injury.

Joe Cole showed at the weekend he is brilliant technically which England need and he showed that he is pacey skillful decent cross and can score goals.

IMO Joe Cole should be starting every game, as he would have with Chelsea this season had he not been injured.

Yes.

Invalid argument. Bobby Zamora called Fabio and told him not to consider him for the squad because he picked up an injury.

Joe Cole showed at the weekend he is brilliant technically which England need and he showed that he is pacey skillful decent cross and can score goals.

IMO Joe Cole should be starting every game, as he would have with Chelsea this season had he not been injured.

That explains that for me then. I never knew this and couldnt work out why he wasnt considered.

So because Cole played well at the weekend means he should be going?

Bent played well all season and isnt going. Dawson for me was probably the one if not the best CB in England last season and looks unlikely to go aswell.

I just don't see what Cole has done to justify a place in the team.

Good decision not taking Walcott

but he would be good as a super sub...can introduce pace at the later stages of a game and make an impact

pace is all he has to his game, he doesn't have goals, a decent cross, skills to get past a player, he's not better than SWP or Lennon, and Joe Cole can be used on the right as well

Walcot,Bent,Johnson,Parker,Baines,Dawson and Huddlestone I think they look like the 7 missing out.

I think Bent and Dawson should be going. Apart from them then I think hes got it right.

Yes.

That explains that for me then. I never knew this and couldnt work out why he wasnt considered.

So because Cole played well at the weekend means he should be going?

Bent played well all season and isnt going. Dawson for me was probably the one if not the best CB in England last season and looks unlikely to go aswell.

I just don't see what Cole has done to justify a place in the team.

Joe Cole changed the game against Japan though.

I dont tihnk Bent quite has that edge about him to cut it at the international game but i agree with you on your point about Dawson. Carragher will probably go and im a Liverpool fan and having watched him this season he should be no where near that plane.