Final England Squad

What a PR disaster this team announcement has been for England with the names of those not being in leaked by journalists on twitter, before any official annoucement, not to mention rumours flying about of who is in, who is out. Poorly executed.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King is a good player but the fact he cant train or play two days in a week is a worry. Dawson would have been the better choice IMO

Of course, you are omitting the fact that he played four games in under two weeks during the last part of the season.

I still think he should be in before one of Terry and Ferdinand. Every time I watch they two, one of them makes a mistake that someone like Torres, Villa, Messi or Fabiano would pounce on.

King is a good player but the fact he cant train or play two days in a week is a worry. Dawson would have been the better choice IMO

Of course, you are omitting the fact that he played four games in under two weeks during the last part of the season.

I still think he should be in before one of Terry and Ferdinand. Every time I watch they two, one of them makes a mistake that someone like Torres, Villa, Messi or Fabiano would pounce on.

Swings and roundabouts.

King made about four or five similar mistakes in the game against Mexico and had it been a better side they were playing they would have been punished.

I also believe he lost Marquez and allowed him to win the first header from the corner that Mexico eventually scored from.

1600: Breaking news: The seven England players to miss out on a World Cup place are: Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Darren Bent.

Hart - Green - James

King - Terry - Ferdinand - Upson - Carrager - Cole - Johnson - Warnock

Milner - Gerrard - Lampard - Barry - Carrick - Cole - Lennon - Wright Phillips

Rooney - Crouch - Defoe - Heskey

ENGLAND'S 2010 WORLD CUP SQUAD:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I'd have Dawson over Warnock, T. Hudd over Barry and Bent over Heskey.

Dawson is a CB, Warnock is a LB.

You can't go to a WC with one Left Back.

I'm unconvinced that this is one of Englands strongest ever squads, outwith the obvious top notch players they have, there is an abundace of mediocre players.

Any injury to the first 11 and they are weakening the squad,

Quarter Finals at best for me.

I'm unconvinced that this is one of Englands strongest ever squads, outwith the obvious top notch players they have, there is an abundace of mediocre players.

Any injury to the first 11 and they are weakening the squad,

Quarter Finals at best for me.

Yup.

This is a weak looking squad. Every England squad in my lifetime has looekd stronger than this. What happened to picking players on form and playing for their club?

I swear to God, if we take Emile Heskey to South Africa I'll never say another good word about Capello.

Bookmarked.

:sherlock:

Feel free to, Capello has already gone back on many promises about form and commitment, I honestly don't think I like him.

O fcourse that might all change if by some miracle we actually win the thing. :BELM:

He said he'd take in-form players and players playing regularly for their club.

Emile Heskey scored 5 goals in 42 appearances for Villa this season and how many of those appearances were from the bench. Not exactly what you'd call an in-form striker.

If i was Darren Bent i'd be extremely angry about this. 2nd Highest English scorer in the premiership, banging them in for fun and still doesnt get picked.

England won't get anywhere near the final, they can't beat teams like Spain or Brazil, they have no chance atall, especially with that squad

Agree Gaz, they could hardly run over Japan. they never start games well, and in the wrold cup they wont have the luxury of comming back in the second half because the game will be beyond them by the first half by the better teams if the play the way they have been.