Gordon Strachan signings key to Walter Smith’s bid for ex-Don Lee Miller

Ace

I know a lot of people will pull out the old 'tabloid pish' line, understandably so, but this has all the hallmarks of a Smith signing.

And I bet he gets a rise out of Miller if it happens.

(tu)

I have 100% faith in Smith's ability to make him fulfill his potential. However while I'd welcome him as the target man option from the bench that we lack, I don't think he could replace Boyd.

I'm still baffled that this one seems to have legs, because as I said the other day why on earth did we wait until now before we signed him? We could have had him for free three years ago when he was coming off the back of the best season of his life. Insted we went out and spunked 3.5 million on Lafferty.

You say that you have faith in Smith getting the best out of Lee Miller and then go on to mention Lafferty.

I think both Lafferty and Miller struggle to keep their head in the game, however, I think that Lee Miller is a far better football player than Lafferty is.

I also think that Smith has become a better manager over the past two years.

Throw both those elements together and I think Smith could help Miller realise his potential.

Fair do's.

All that I see are two players of limited ability, both of whom couldn't cut it in the Championship. Also, neither player has ever been a prolific scorer.

I would love for us to get rid of McCulloch, but even he could do the job of either of these players.

I echo these thoughts! Miller is the poor mans "striker Lee McCulloch", who is no great shakes upfront.