Ibrox Disaster, 2nd January 1971, 40th Anniversary

Adoniram

Hi Thanks for your reply and letting me no what is happening. I am really disappointed that any fan would want to act like this and disrespect the memory of anyone who has died. I will be looking at their site and contacting Celtic Football Club on this matter as any fan thinking like this should be ashamed at themselves and they are not worthy to be called or call themselves football fans. There is no room in football for fans like this.

annette.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Thanks for your reply and letting me no what is happening. I am really disappointed that any fan would want to act like this and disrespect the memory of anyone who has died. I will be looking at their site and contacting Celtic Football Club on this matter as any fan thinking like this should be ashamed at themselves and they are not worthy to be called or call themselves football fans. There is no room in football for fans like this.

annette.

This (tu) ... My first OF game, that stairway was the closest, but ma da (God rest him), because I was so skinny and a wee bit claustrophobic says "lets wait a wee while and go out that other exit, this one's a wee bit crowded". By the time we walked around and looked up it had just started.

Got home late and were only in 2 minutes and the door went. It was the downstairs neighbor (a diehard Celtic man), when he saw us he started crying like I'd never seen a grown man cry before, said him and his family were sitting downstairs in silence listening for for ma da's footsteps and were starting to panic the later it got. So much to remember about that day, the disaster itself,ma da, Jimmy McDonald (the neighbor), God rest everyone of them, and anyone who thinks there is any room for petty rivalry or bitterness about that day, does not have a clue.

I'm all grown up now and like to think I'm manly as the next, but I'm glad my wife is in bed, because I don't want to explain to her right now why my eyes are like this.

Vanguard Bears have been in discussions all morning with a Rangers fan who approached us with a touching idea.

Rather than start a thread, Admin have been in contact with the gentleman all morning, and outlining our proposals. We are still at the early stages, but would make this announcement in the knowledge that the idea is now being floated around other sites.

In conjunction with a dedicated fan who approached us and who, for the moment wishes to remain anonymous, we are now in contact with the Club to honour and remember those fans who lost their lives on that terrible January day.

We are in talks with Glasgow Cathedral about a suitable date in the New Year, when a Memorial Service will be held. The families of those who lost their lives are being contacted to seek their approval.

We are giving early intimation of our intentions, in order that the idea may be floated among the membership of all Rangers forums and Supporters Clubs. An invitation to all will be extended so that every Rangers fan can play their part in this tribute.

• 2 weeks later...

annette.

This (tu) ... My first OF game, that stairway was the closest, but ma da (God rest him), because I was so skinny and a wee bit claustrophobic says "lets wait a wee while and go out that other exit, this one's a wee bit crowded". By the time we walked around and looked up it had just started.

Got home late and were only in 2 minutes and the door went. It was the downstairs neighbor (a diehard Celtic man), when he saw us he started crying like I'd never seen a grown man cry before, said him and his family were sitting downstairs in silence listening for for ma da's footsteps and were starting to panic the later it got. So much to remember about that day, the disaster itself,ma da, Jimmy McDonald (the neighbor), God rest everyone of them, and anyone who thinks there is any room for petty rivalry or bitterness about that day, does not have a clue.

I'm all grown up now and like to think I'm manly as the next, but I'm glad my wife is in bed, because I don't want to explain to her right now why my eyes are like this.

That was very touching, mate.

Respect.

GBNF

Vanguard Bears have been in discussions all morning with a Rangers fan who approached us with a touching idea.

Rather than start a thread, Admin have been in contact with the gentleman all morning, and outlining our proposals. We are still at the early stages, but would make this announcement in the knowledge that the idea is now being floated around other sites.

In conjunction with a dedicated fan who approached us and who, for the moment wishes to remain anonymous, we are now in contact with the Club to honour and remember those fans who lost their lives on that terrible January day.

We are in talks with Glasgow Cathedral about a suitable date in the New Year, when a Memorial Service will be held. The families of those who lost their lives are being contacted to seek their approval.

We are giving early intimation of our intentions, in order that the idea may be floated among the membership of all Rangers forums and Supporters Clubs. An invitation to all will be extended so that every Rangers fan can play their part in this tribute.

This should happen automatically

This should happen automatically

Will there not be a silence before the OF game on the first?

Highly unlikely that it would be observed by that mob.

In retrospect, I was going to say I think there should be, just so timmy can show itself up......... but why give those vermin the chance to mock our absent friends?

Highly unlikely that it would be observed by that mob.

In retrospect, I was going to say I think there should be, just so timmy can show itself up......... but why give those vermin the chance to mock our absent friends?

Why shouldn't there be? Because child murdering scum can't fucking shut up for 2 minutes? These supporters lost their lives in the same fixture 40 years ago on the day coming up at New Year. We should be observing one every year but now it's the 40th anniversary there should be some recognition. I see your point about them not having the chance, but shouldn't we have the chance to remember the 66?

was visiting it last year terrible buisness as still game say

Are you fucking at it?

Some replies here are very borderline.

66 good people died on that day, they were only there to support their team. To think that people never saw family members again is very sad indeed

RIP absent friends sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Are you fucking at it?

Some replies here are very borderline.

66 good people died on that day, they were only there to support their team. To think that people never saw family members again is very sad indeed

RIP absent friends sad.gif

Fifteen years old at this tragic time,i left the game 2 minutes before Johnstone scored.

At Copland road subway we heard the police and ambulance sirens,when my mate and i got into Partick the reality hit us. The sound of those sirens have never left me.

I knew a young lad,just a bit older than me,16 years old. i did not know him well but every

time the disaster is remembered i think of this lad who came from Yoker,Tommy Grant,R.I.P.