Joe Cole signs for Arsenal

is it confirmed anywhere ? the reason chelsea didnt give him an extension was due to his wage demands , Arsenal have a wage cap , can't see it tbh , would be happy if its true though ...

The £40m they're about to get for Fabregas should cover that.

Arsene maybe realises that his wage cap equals no silverware.

Any idea how much the bid was that Arsenal rejected for Fabregas?

Around £30m.

Barcelona are arguing (quite rightly so) that Cesc was their youth product until the age of 16.

That's a fair point. You reckon any players will head to Arsenal?

I just can't see it.

Who would Arsene want that fits into his system? Bojan perhaps, but I can't see him leaving.

A player like Yaya Toure has been suggested in the past, but I can't help but think although Arsenal need that type of player, they need a Fabregas alongside him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I read earlier that Chygrynskiy could be used as part of the deal

:(

BN, I can see Manchester City going for Toure.

If Fabregas does go, I can see Wenger not spending the cash (again) and playing Nasri alongside Song in the middle with Cole floating around on the left hand side.

Big rumour flying around London just now that Joe Cole has signed a 3 year deal with Arsenal on a free.

Terrific signing if true.

rumours between who???

a pub and its crew, a tabloid or just hear saym, it would be a good signing if true but i dont see it to be fair

Big rumour flying around London just now that Joe Cole has signed a 3 year deal with Arsenal on a free.

Terrific signing if true.

rumours between who???

a pub and its crew, a tabloid or just hear saym, it would be a good signing if true but i dont see it to be fair

A number of respectable London-based newspapers :pipe:

True but Arsenal have turned him into the player he has become, but i see where they are comming from.

Happy 9000th Post To Me :ph34r:

True.

It could be argued though that if he'd stayed at Barcelona he'd be even better than he is now. Playing alongside Xavi consistently.

Expected this to be honest, Wenger never hid the fact he was a fan of Cole.

For the player himself it is a no-brainer really. Get to stay in London where him and his family are settled, still playing at the top level in the Champions League and will have a much greater chance of being in the first team due to Arsenal's lack of genuine width.

Good signing for both parties.

How much money did Barca waste on Chygrynsky?

If Toure did go to Man City, surely De Jong would be looking to move away from Eastlands? I think he would do well at Arsenal.

Something like £14m I think.

I don't know what's going on at Man City, Mancini only seems interested in wingers and holding midfielders.

True but Arsenal have turned him into the player he has become, but i see where they are comming from.

Happy 9000th Post To Me :ph34r:

True.

It could be argued though that if he'd stayed at Barcelona he'd be even better than he is now. Playing alongside Xavi consistently.

Agree Mate, but we will never know if thats the case, all we can say is Wenger has done a great job with him, hes not like Xavi & Iniesta for me, hes not as good, but hes more physical and stronger IMO Because he has had to deal with being the mainman and captain at a very young age.

Marouane Chamakh, Joe Cole, Yoann Gourcuff and Yaya Toure coming in, with Cesc Fabregas going out, I wouldn't say Arsenal would have done too badly?

Gourcuff at this point is a rumour, arsenal website have hailed it that anyway, untill its confirmed on the website its a rumour.

Marouane Chamakh, Joe Cole, Yoann Gourcuff and Yaya Toure coming in, with Cesc Fabregas going out, I wouldn't say Arsenal would have done too badly?

Gourcuff at this point is a rumour, arsenal website have hailed it that anyway, untill its confirmed on the website its a rumour.

Yeah I know, I was just saying that if Arsenal went into the new season with that as their transfer dealings this summer, if I was an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't be too disappoited. Although they could do with a new goalkeeper.

Yeah I know, I was just saying that if Arsenal went into the new season with that as their transfer dealings this summer, if I was an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't be too disappoited. Although they could do with a new goalkeeper.

Totally Agree mate, a new goalkeeper is a must for them IMO. I think Chamakh was a great free signing and i think he could do a great job for the gunners.

gun__1274553378_chamakh02.jpg?ic=0e93fdT

Totally Agree mate, a new goalkeeper is a must for them IMO. I think Chamakh was a great free signing and i think he could do a great job for the gunners.

I heard his goal celebration is the Chamkhrena :craphead:

Could Arsene look any more like a Paedophile than he does in that pic?

Could Arsene look any more like a Paedophile than he does in that pic?

only if he had frankie boyles big ginger beard.

What a shite jumper, Arsene