Armed Forces Day 2010

schwantz

I hope that, if these idiots decide to protest again, you ignore them completely.

Why give air to their intolerance, starve it of publicity and you starve it of any oxygen to thrive.

I hope that, if these idiots decide to protest again, you ignore them completely.

Why give air to their intolerance, starve it of publicity and you starve it of any oxygen to thrive.

Or maybe this year the Police should make sure they are kept well away from George Square thereby reducing the potential for trouble in the first place.

What did they expect when they let that rag tag mob of filth to stand 50 yards away chanting slogans about the IRA?

Very difficult to ignore people who want you dead.

As a serving soldier i can tell you about the buzz you get marching past your fellow friends and family out to cheer you on :uk:

I thank everyone for turning up (tu) and would ask if you could bring a friend and ask that friend to bring a friend and so on...

its a bit of a gutter when you do a parade marching through a city and there aint a good turn out :(

cant imagine Edinbrugh or Glasgow being quiet though :sherlock:

unfortuantly i wont be there myself as im currently leaving the forces but i can assure you i'll be there every year after :beer1:

We are the people!!!! :praise::thumbup::tank:

:ot::2gunsfiring_v1: lets hope Celtic fans and small numbers of Irish people turn up to spoil what should and will be a great day for all!

But after recent media coverage regarding Bloody Sunday i personally have a feeling presence of protest will be there :5536:

Let soldiers do the fighting, ignore these idiots lets rise above it and show bigotary the :redcard:

Just a small acknowlegement to all the rangers fans who turned out today to support our armed forces. I have some pictures that I'll upload soon.

Nice to see the Para's getting a special cheer ..........

last year you had to spot a para within the ranks

they were dotted all over the parade

this year they came down as a regiment

so proud to see them as a unit and showing a togetherness

great cheer for them all along the route

we are behind you all the way

fantastic there was no trouble

fantastic day out was had by all

we salute you the British armed forces past and present

NO SURRENDER

Fantastic turn out.

I wasn't at last years one beacuse I was on holiday.

Great to see George Square turned red white and blue and the uinion flags flying high from the city building.

What a cheer the paratroopers got. Unreal noise for them.

Didn't see a filthy taig protester in sight, although I think the police were better prepared this time.

Vans and officers on almost every side street corner. None of them would have got within 800 yards of George Square.