The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword

Gitch

I have it. AT LAST.

Now to wait till the end of the day till I can get home to play :(

I upgraded to the limited edition with the gold remote and the Orchestral CD. The CD's brilliant, really well done. I'm on my 2nd listen already.

I have it. AT LAST.

Now to wait till the end of the day till I can get home to play :(

I upgraded to the limited edition with the gold remote and the Orchestral CD. The CD's brilliant, really well done. I'm on my 2nd listen already.

I only want the limited edition for the remote because I don't have motion plus.

I've only ever completed one Zelda game and that was the Phantom Hourglass; played most of them I think (except the shitty ones farmed out to some failed console or the other) but never finished the rest. Oh well, I don't own a wii so I'll have plenty of time to get my act together before playing the new one!

Well. Played it for 3 1/2 hours last night and it really is glorious. I felt like I was only just getting started as I turned it off.

The motionplus is really quite good. You can't just make wee guestures. If you want to stab you really have to extend your arm out, no wee chibby motions will register.

The graphics are bright and the artstyle really suits the game. The music's lovely.

It's a cheeseball story as always but pretty well done.

I adore the game already.

a long 5 weeks lie ahead till i get to play this :(

how good is it for those who played it already :)

I'm about 9 hours in and on the 2nd dungeon. So far it's been really good. The start dragged a wee bit but the start of every Zelda game's a bit like that when you have to collect your sword and shield etc.

The puzzles are good and not to hard but also not amazingly obvious. A good balance. The items you use are quite apt for the situations you find yourself in. The only gripes I have is that the main village you find yourself in doesn't seem to have that many people and I don't like the mechanic of throwing or rolling bombs but those are personal gripes rather than anything being broken or crap and they certainly don't take away from the gameplay.

I'm loving the art style and the music. It's just simply the best game I've played this year.

I'm about 9 hours in and on the 2nd dungeon. So far it's been really good. The start dragged a wee bit but the start of every Zelda game's a bit like that when you have to collect your sword and shield etc.

The puzzles are good and not to hard but also not amazingly obvious. A good balance. The items you use are quite apt for the situations you find yourself in. The only gripes I have is that the main village you find yourself in doesn't seem to have that many people and I don't like the mechanic of throwing or rolling bombs but those are personal gripes rather than anything being broken or crap and they certainly don't take away from the gameplay.

I'm loving the art style and the music. It's just simply the best game I've played this year.

I've only ever played Twilight Princess and sometimes I was there for hours at puzzles just thinking wtf??!! :lol: The feeling you get when you solve it is superb though.

I've only ever played Twilight Princess and sometimes I was there for hours at puzzles just thinking wtf??!! :lol: The feeling you get when you solve it is superb though.

Have had a couple of moments like that this time round. It's the same as most Zelda's though. More figuring out what item to use than anything else. Saying that there are a couple of bits where I was fucking about for about an hour then did something so bloody obvious to get past the bit I was stuck on :doh:

I don't know if it's cause I'm excited to play it but this game feels like it could be the best Zelda yet. You don't even really notice the motion controls they're that well integrated. It's not HD graphics but the artstyle's gorgeous. The music's great, the layout of the overworld and dungeons is really good and the variety of items to use is extensive. There's also a decent story this time round. Ok, no voice acting but then none of the other Zelda games have that either.

I'm certainly enjoying just as much if not more than both Ocarina and Twilight Princess.

© Nintendo

Nintendo has responded to a glitch found in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword that could render the game impossible to complete.

The glitch occurs when completing a very specific sequence of tasks during a quest late in the game. If the glitch is triggered, events required to complete the game will not occur.

Nintendo has responded by detailing the exact sequence that triggers the glitch so that it may be avoided.

Note that the following explanation of the glitch contains spoilers for events taking place near the end of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

From Nintendo's response:

"The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.

3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue."

The glitch can be avoided by completing the forest and volcano portions of the Song of the Hero quest prior to receiving the Thunder Dragon's song. It can also be avoided by not speaking to Golo the Goron after receiving the Thunder Dragon's song, since speaking to that character is not required.

Nintendo does not have plans for a patch to fix the issue in current copies of the game, requiring those who encounter the glitch to start the game over from the beginning.

© Nintendo

Nintendo has responded to a glitch found in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword that could render the game impossible to complete.

The glitch occurs when completing a very specific sequence of tasks during a quest late in the game. If the glitch is triggered, events required to complete the game will not occur.

Nintendo has responded by detailing the exact sequence that triggers the glitch so that it may be avoided.

Note that the following explanation of the glitch contains spoilers for events taking place near the end of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

"The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue."

The glitch can be avoided by completing the forest and volcano portions of the Song of the Hero quest prior to receiving the Thunder Dragon's song. It can also be avoided by not speaking to Golo the Goron after receiving the Thunder Dragon's song, since speaking to that character is not required.

Nintendo does not have plans for a patch to fix the issue in current copies of the game, requiring those who encounter the glitch to start the game over from the beginning.

That's a bit shite is it no?

© Nintendo

Thanks for the heads up mate. Think I'm almost at that part. Would've been a right cunt if I had to start again after 40 odd hours of play.

that would of really annoyed me like

amazes me how a something silly like that can happen to a game in this day

Acht it's easy done when you think about the sheer volume of code that needs checked before release.

Twilight Princess had a similar issue. There's a bit about halfway through that if you saved it there either after or before speaking to someone you couldn't progress and had to start again.

It does seem that with this one you have to do things in a very particular order for it to break your game. I'm not there yet so I don't know if the game prompts you to do things in the way that'd fuck things up. I'll post again when I get to the particular bit.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's game-breaking glitch can be fixed, Nintendo Japan has announced.

The bug, which renders the title impossible to complete, occurs when completing a very specific sequence of tasks during a quest late in the game.

Nintendo Japan has released a statement on its official website promising to fix the save files of affected players by issuing them with a downloadable patch.

Anybody unable to connect their Wii to the internet will be able to send their console directly to Nintendo or an SD card featuring a corrupt Skyward Sword save file.

I've bought my mum a Wii for Christmas and I'm seriously considering buying this ... for myself. Is it good aye? How does it compare with Ocarina of Time?

Ocarina of Time is probably still one of my favourite games ever mate and nothing can compare to playing it back in the day when it was first out but I also own Skyward sword and would definitely recommend it.

The motion controls can be a fucking nightmare sometimes, I seriously wanna smash the controller sometimes but generally it is similar to Ocarina and even has some wee cheeky tributes.

Try to get it cheap if possible though mate cause if you don't have Motion Plus you might pay up to 50+ for the game and if you aren't that into it, that's alot of money to splash out.

Played for about half an hour and I've just got my sword! Will take some getting used to, and I take it the story is completely different from Ocarina of Time? Like, this Link isn't the same Link?

Worked it out for myself. I'm guessing the Skyloft place is above Hyrule? So I'll be an ancestor to link I suppose?

Just about to go into the first temple, but since the Wii isn't mine I've been kicked off it. This game could take me a few weeks...

Worked it out for myself. I'm guessing the Skyloft place is above Hyrule? So I'll be an ancestor to link I suppose?

Just about to go into the first temple, but since the Wii isn't mine I've been kicked off it. This game could take me a few weeks...

[/quote

Aye. This is supposed to be the first Link and Zelda from which the rest are ancestors/reincarnations.

Took me about 3 hours to get into it properly but I pissed about on Skyloft for a while.

I'm still trying to get time to finish it. The joys of having a baby.

I love this game. Almost as much as Ocarina. And I've not had much bother with the motionplus. Had to re center it a few times but no real issues at all.

Aye. This is supposed to be the first Link and Zelda from which the rest are ancestors/reincarnations.

Took me about 3 hours to get into it properly but I pissed about on Skyloft for a while.

I'm still trying to get time to finish it. The joys of having a baby.

I love this game. Almost as much as Ocarina. And I've not had much bother with the motionplus. Had to re center it a few times but no real issues at all.

I think I'm in love with it... I played it for 7 hours solid yesterday (eyes are fucked now) and I'm in the Mining facility thing.

One thing that's annoyed me is, if the surface world is supposed to be Hyrule (which I'm guessing it is), why is the Volcano up where the castle should be, and the desert where the lake should be?!