Jordan McMillan may quit the Gers

So would you loan Fleck out or as I suspect is our squad not going to be big enough. This is the dilemma for Smith. Do you drop the people you paid cash for and must believe can do a job for you or do you play guys that are making a step up in class you hope they can handle? It's good to theorise on MB's about these guys it's different to actually play them when you know you must win every game of football you play in the SPL.

I agree about Fleck, hence me saying he is still a worthwhile project, far too young to be written off the way he has been IMO....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth will never get a chance under the current management. Walter said the Wilson, even though he played two thirds of the season would get nowhere near as many games this season, Fleck last season after playing well in one game was dropped the next, the list of players goes on, the simple fact is Walter will

never give youth a chance. Never

has never will and thats one of his

very few failings, but its not only his

fault. Every manager has come and

done the same. Mcleish did as did PlG. I actually believe the talent is there, players good enough to step up to the mark but as I said theres no chance of that happening under this managemnent team. How many fans would be willing to not win the league for a year or two so that we could build a team full of younger players? Not many!

another youngster not good enough, get over it

all our youths cant be good enough to play for our first team

mcmillan just falls into the not good enough category

its no big deal, we move on

Would like to have seen him get more of a chance! Thought he played well against Dundee and thought he would have got at least 5 games last season. Looks like yet another youngster will leave without getting a proper chance <cr>

Youth will never get a chance under the current management. Walter said the Wilson, even though he played two thirds of the season would get nowhere near as many games this season, Fleck last season after playing well in one game was dropped the next, the list of players goes on, the simple fact is Walter will never give youth a chance. Never has never will and thats one of his very few failings, but its not only his fault. Every manager has come and dobe thw same

Where did smith say that ?

Again i need to say Wilson is nowjere near the level of weir or boogie so why would he ?

Youth will never get a chance under the current management. Walter said the Wilson, even though he played two thirds of the season would get nowhere near as many games this season, Fleck last season after playing well in one game was dropped the next, the list of players goes on, the simple fact is Walter will never give youth a chance. Never has never will and thats one of his very few failings, but its not only his fault. Every manager has come and dobe thw same

“I had hoped he’d play a few games for us this season to enhance his reputation, but to play the number of games he has [24], and in the manner that he has, has been terrific. He has been a real bonus for Rangers.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article7106629.ece

I would have liked to see him getting more of a chance.

Age is just a number and in the game he played at Dens, he looked comfortable playing beside a number of first team regulars.

We have a small squad, he can play a number of positions and he's obviously got decent leadership skills having captained both the youth and reserve teams in the past.

“I had hoped he’d play a few games for us this season to enhance his reputation, but to play the number of games he has [24], and in the manner that he has, has been terrific. He has been a real bonus for Rangers.”

<cr>

<cr>

Was giving you where Smith said that <cr>

I must be going mad where does he say he wont play as many games ?

“I had hoped he’d play a few games for us this season''

That was regarding last season, where on earth in the bits quoted does it say he won't play as many games this season?

Sorry, I was referring to the 09/10 season than the 10/11 as thats the way I took it.

Perhaps I'm in a bit of limbo as pre-season hasn't even started yet for the 10/11 season and so still think of the 09/10 as 'this season' perhaps at times.

I must be going mad where does he say he wont play as many games ?

“I had hoped he’d play a few games for us this season''

That was regarding last season, where on earth in the bits quoted does it say he won't play as many games this season?

Sorry, I was referring to the 09/10 season than the 10/11 as thats the way I took it.

Perhaps I'm in a bit of limbo as pre-season hasn't even started yet for the 10/11 season and so still think of the 09/10 as 'this season' perhaps at times.

:lol:

Can't wait for the season to start, even the friendlies!

When I watched the reserve games regularly a couple of seasons ago I would have thought that McMillan would have been a first team regular.Although it is different playing reseves and spl his control, passing,positioning and basic ability looked far better than Whittaker or Broadfoot could ever hope for.

However, he is now 21 and will not get a chance of first team games at Rangers so good luck in his future career.I do feel it is wrong that promising players do not get much encouragement to make a career with us; Wilson in particular should have been given more hope and incentive to sign long term at Rangers rather than the way his contract negotiation panned out.

so many deluded, if he is going to be that good they wouldnt let him go, and a one yr contract i assume would be see how he got on in that year with the odd game in the first team, just funny so many people think he could be the bees knees ut none of you are his coaches and know nothing really that happens indoors, maybe hes injury prone or summit. and as far as fleck comments go, its not good to see people down him, he aint done a job since given a chanch, may i remind people he is young and im sure it aint easy playing in the first team for rangers and i think his time will come, for club and country

so many deluded, if he is going to be that good they wouldnt let him go, and a one yr contract i assume would be see how he got on in that year with the odd game in the first team, just funny so many people think he could be the bees knees ut none of you are his coaches and know nothing really that happens indoors, maybe hes injury prone or summit. and as far as fleck comments go, its not good to see people down him, he aint done a job since given a chanch, may i remind people he is young and im sure it aint easy playing in the first team for rangers and i think his time will come, for club and country

:)

of course he will

fans who are judging John already dont have a fuckin clue what they are on about, i find it hard to believe any Rangers fan would be hard on the lad when they are happy to support hammer throwers like McCulloch in the team, whos kidding who? doh! :lol:

i said when he made his debut Walter could end up ruining the boy if he plays him out wide left, he has not had 1 good game playing left mid and has not had nearly enough chances playing through the middle, he does have a touch, he likes shooting and has a great drive from midfield, skills other players who get a game do not possess, he will be some player for the Rangers and Scotland as you say Ricky

fans slagging John Fleck!! doh!! what utter shite!

geez peace

(tu)

Jordan McMillan is a good player, just not given the chance. He should move on, and look for first team football.

He's a better 'defender' than Andrew Little, and I'd rather see him in the team ahead of Kirk Broadfoot.

Sorry but at 21 you are past it in terms of making the grade at Rangers or any other major team.

All too often players get to this age at Ibrox and are released without us ever knowing how well they could have done had they been given 1st team football at an earlier stage.

The downside is that we as fans will NEVER accept a team of 18 and 19 year olds sprinkled with some experience such is our desire to win the SPL year after year.Even more so now given the financial problems we face.

Kids are the future just not at Ibrox....not in my time of watching the Rangers anyway.

While in many ways I agree with you, neither Pedro or Busquets had much game time before the age of 21, and just a year later they are in the spain squad at the world cup ahead of the likes of Cazorla and Senna.