Footbal Chants and Sectarianism

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said. 'Freedom of speech and expression'

one united ireland,there's only one united ireland.............

freedom of speech hey? ;)

Your Algerian, yet you type in English <cr>?. I smell a tim.

English is taught from day one in Algeria!

why ?.

Not particularly good English right enough.

So yes, he's a tim :D

English is taught from day one in Algeria!

why ?.

International business language, since we had a proper empire :pipe:

From UEFA

Rangers appeal upheld

Print

UEFA's Appeals Body has today partially upheld the appeal made against the Control and Disciplinary Body's decision concerning Scottish club Rangers FC and their UEFA Champions League first knockout round tie against Villarreal CF.

Rangers fined

UEFA appealed against the decision on 12 April by the Control and Disciplinary Body to find Rangers not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants by the club's supporters at both legs of the tie, on 22 February at Ibrox and 7 March at El Madrigal. Rangers have been fined €19,500 and severely warned about their responsibility for any future misconduct by their fans in relation to sectarian and discriminatory behaviour.

Future directives

In addition, the Appeals Body will combine the disciplinary measures with directives safeguarding the correct execution of the judgement. The directives themselves will be communicated to Rangers along with the full written grounds for the disciplinary decision.

My linhttp://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=424237.htmlk

These things get five year probationary periods, so I think it would be very unwise to sing it at European match. You're risking a big fine, stand closure and maybe even a stadium closure.

UEFA have pretty much been off our back since the subsequent one in Osasuna. In European context, I think it would be best to avoid it.

I'm fully aware of the unlevel playing field, but don't shoot ourselves in the foot when it comes to Europe. It's just not worth it. How bad will we feel if we're just one(maybe two given the Osasuna fine) away from officially being no longer under scrutiny?

Perhaps it would be wise to contact UEFA directly asking for clarification on what would constitute acceptable lyrics for the song, especially given how many other teams use the tune. Getting that sound back at Ibrox without harming the club, all by changing a couple of words, would actually be a decent victory for us and timmy would hate it. Obviously they'd love to see us fined and heavily penalised in a financial sense, particularly at this time when we really need the cash. Financial damage could be serious and the press would put buyers off.

Domestically, it's not quite the same issue, but that could change. I'd also worry about some of us getting into the old habit with those lyrics in case it's noticed by UEFA in Europe. It's just not worth the damage. Yes, we've been shafted, but shafting ourselves will only please our enemies.

By all means fight back, but be wise about it.

That is what I posted.

Again this does not clarify and tell anyone if TBB has been banned.

BTW - It hasn't been banned..... :ph34r:

Not particularly good English right enough.

So yes, he's a tim :D

100 per cent pure algerian,just a bit clever than the rest that's all

:wink::wink::wink:

Your not clever at all, your a sad, pathetic cock-socket, do one, your not welcome on here.

You've done nothing but antagonise genuine Rangers supporters for weeks now, it's no wonder you were banned.

get the facts right.ive become antagonising because you've banned me for no reason.that's a fact

No. You were antagonising members long before that, hence the banning. That's the fact here.

Since then you have been unable to act like a civilised adult. Rather than e-mail one of the mod team to find out why you were banned you have simply started signing up again and again, posting more and more extreme posts (talking about a United Ireland, telling a US based member about how everybody hates America & branding members as being racists. Even your location now: muff's laptop is a piss poor attempt to wind somebody up).

If you want to know why you were banned PM one of the mod team and we will discuss it like adults.

Acting like a spoilt five year old throwing their toys out the pram isn't going to make us give up and allow you to stay on the forum no matter how many names you sign up under.

You've done nothing but antagonise genuine Rangers supporters for weeks now, it's no wonder you were banned.

get the facts right.ive become antagonising because you've banned me for no reason.that's a fact

No. You were antagonising members long before that, hence the banning. That's the fact here.

Since then you have been unable to act like a civilised adult. Rather than e-mail one of the mod team to find out why you were banned you have simply started signing up again and again, posting more and more extreme posts (talking about a United Ireland, telling a US based member about how everybody hates America & branding members as being racists. Even your location now: muff's laptop is a piss poor attempt to wind somebody up).

If you want to know why you were banned PM one of the mod team and we will discuss it like adults.

Acting like a spoilt five year old throwing their toys out the pram isn't going to make us give up and allow you to stay on the forum no matter how many names you sign up under.

I pm'd him earlier on today, no reply. A so-called Algerian who comes on a Rangers forum, and tries to wind people up... great life he must have :lol:

Time to ban his ip address (tu)

i want this capello to stay active so i can say my point of view untill i recieve an email from one of the mods..............thank you.

Sounds like capello has spoken! :lol:

I like how he hasn't caught on to the fact of why he was banned, when it has been repeated over and over. :lol:

Mon The Egypt.

flag.gif

Amazing country :praise:, that's why it has so many tourist's, unlike Algeria :wink:.

benn there,it's beautiful.i like it when i go there on holiday and get served,it gives me a special pleasure being served by pharoes :sherlock:

see,here in algeria we haven't got time for tourist and tourism,we have 177BILLION dollars in the bank,who cares about tourists.we're concentrating on other things,you shall find out about them probably in your lifetime(if you live long that is) :D

Algeria :BELM:

Mon The Egypt.

flag.gif

Amazing country :praise:, that's why it has so many tourist's, unlike Algeria :wink:.

benn there,it's beautiful.i like it when i go there on holiday and get served,it gives me a special pleasure being served by pharoes :sherlock:

see,here in algeria we haven't got time for tourist and tourism,we have 177BILLION dollars in the bank,who cares about tourists.we're concentrating on other things,you shall find out about them probably in your lifetime(if you live long that is) :D

Algeria :BELM:

Algeria is the arsehole of society.

Rangers have a very proud Unionist and, yes, Protestant tradition - nothing to be ashamed of and well worth celebrating

It is not worth celebrating if it manifests itself in emtpy headed Bigotry ('FTP') and songs about Ulster Paramilitarys

mmmm what's this willybear?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=151789

:wink:

Rangers have a very proud Unionist and, yes, Protestant tradition - nothing to be ashamed of and well worth celebrating

It is not worth celebrating if it manifests itself in emtpy headed Bigotry ('FTP') and songs about Ulster Paramilitarys

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=151789

Are you suggesting the UDR is an Ulster paramilitary??

Anyway, I wouldn't sing it at a football match - which is the point

The UDR wasn't a paramilitary :lol:

hahahah Partick thistle fans must be amongst the most bigoted in the world ffs. There song has ftp and the queen in it. I want UEFA, SFA and sinn fein to investigate this. I am offended, indeed i wish my ears be cut off as i cant stand listening to such mindless bigotry.

Ahh fuck the old peadophile, nazi helping, gold hiding bastard. how many have gone yet HM lives on.

(tu) FUCK THE POPE :D

doh