Footbal Chants and Sectarianism

What do you mean, you want to stop singing it? It's easy just stop. I think you really mean you want to act like a dictatorand stop others from singing it.

I mean I'd rather we stopped singing it

I understand people will continue regardless but I'd rather they didn't

:lol: That is still telling people what to do like a dictator. :rolleyes:

Can you read at all ?. He's not telling anybody what to do.

Can you not read he was just telling people what to do in a different polite manor

if you can't see that we don't have much hope for you. :rolleyes:

Where has he told anybody what to do :lol: ?, he gave his opinion, your intelligence level is worrying :anguish: .

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean, you want to stop singing it? It's easy just stop. I think you really mean you want to act like a dictatorand stop others from singing it.

I mean I'd rather we stopped singing it

I understand people will continue regardless but I'd rather they didn't

:lol: That is still telling people what to do like a dictator. :rolleyes:

Can you read at all ?. He's not telling anybody what to do.

It's hard to read things when he edits his posts after people have replied to them.

I was editing a very obvious typo - maybe if you weren't so pedantic as to jump on it

simple answer be a puppet of the people with an agenda against all things rangers and DONT SING IT

be your own man stand up for your right to sing it and belt it out loud as you can

This sort of thing annoys me - Agenda against all things Rangers???

That is pompous tripe

what part annoys you; the fact that glasgow's lesser club can belt out all sorts of FOLK SONGS without a by your leave from the media; POMPOUS; the fact that glasgow's lesser club can produce a shirt commemorating the famine yet rangers produce a orange shirt and again were bigots; the fact that glasgow's lesser club can parade a republican band round their shanty town; get the wolftones [ who regularly appear at IRA events ] to sing at their hovel; REFUSE point blank to fly the national flag at the same place; yet INSULT the spanish nation by flying catalan flags when playing barca in a CL game;

we can go on and on with these ones;

pompous tripe

are you looking in the mirror while typing

Where have I disagreed with Murray's account of Celtics origins? He is pretty much spot-on in his account

I'm not referring to you in my last statement but others on this thread

http://forum.rangers...st&p=1058047462

Which part of my statement is innacurate or differs to Murrays?

[/quo

That's self evident.

One paints a romantic picture without full context, and the other removes the romanticism and gives a more catholic (pardon the pun) view :wink:

But they were a club founded for Irish Catholics - which part of that is wrong??

I admit it's boiled down, that is why I said I simplified it

If you think I am going to waste any more time on the semantics of this you're barking up the wrong tree. People can see your posts, but if anyone has jumped by the first few pages I'll refresh your memory.

This is what you said

"Like it or not they were founded to help poor Irish Catholic immigrants and I am sure most Celtic fans are proud of this"

That statement is romantic codswallop, and Murray's account paints a completely different picture. You know it and I know it.

So does everyone else.

If you wish to go round in circles on this point, feel free.

I'll let everyone else draw their own conclusions.

Now, TBB.

Did you sing the song before it was "banned"?

Again, which part is innacurate? - OK, yes it's pretty simplified (not romantic). I have already stated I agree with Murrays point, I only left that part out of what I said because I didn't feel it was relevant. I was asked what Celtics traditions are and I gave the best answer I could considering who I was talking to

And yes, I sang the TBB before it was banned but haven't sung it since I was teenager - Long before the 'ban' came in

No lets not go to plain lies you changed the word "I" to the word "we", no spelling mistake, I wish I had quoted it now and you wouldnt be able to wriggle out of it.

I added the word 'us' in because I left it out by mistake - I was clearly talking about Rangers fans and not myself

simple answer be a puppet of the people with an agenda against all things rangers and DONT SING IT

be your own man stand up for your right to sing it and belt it out loud as you can

That is pompous tripe

what part annoys you; the fact that glasgow's lesser club can belt out all sorts of FOLK SONGS without a by your leave from the media; POMPOUS; the fact that glasgow's lesser club can produce a shirt commemorating the famine yet rangers produce a orange shirt and again were bigots; the fact that glasgow's lesser club can parade a republican band round their shanty town; get the wolftones [ who regularly appear at IRA events ] to sing at their hovel; REFUSE point blank to fly the national flag at the same place; yet INSULT the spanish nation by flying catalan flags when playing barca in a CL game;

pompous tripe

You're saying that anyone who doesn't sing TBB has an agenda against all things Rangers

This is not true

I will break it down quite easily.

The way i see it the ones who want to continue singing the Billy Boys are the ones who don't believe the media,who don't read the papers and who won't bow to Roman influence.

The ones who want to stop singing it are easily led by the club and the media. The "Chamberlains" of the support as i call them.

If the club asked them to stop wearing blue to a match as it might offend i have no doubt the vast majority of the "Chamberlains" would do it.

Some are sheep in life and some are able to think for themselves and see the bigger picture.

I want us to stop singing it and I dont believe anything I read in Newspapers - on the rare occasion I actually buy one and read the Sport section

People aren't that easily defined - it's not black and white when it comes to this argument

Yes they are.You either have the balls to sing it or you don't.

You want it stopped presumably because you think it's Sectarian.What we'll never know is whether you formed that opinion based on the media and their relentless crusade against us or of your own accord for reasons i will never understand nor agree with.

I formed my opinion all on my lonesome (tu)

I'd just rather sing about Rangers - I have absolutely no desire to sing about 'F*nians'

but F*nians sing songs about F*nians so what;s the problem

That is pompous tripe

pompous tripe

You're saying that anyone who doesn't sing TBB has an agenda against all things Rangers

This is not true

im saying that anyone who trys to get it banned has an agenda against rangers

that is true

That is pompous tripe

pompous tripe

This is not true

im saying that anyone who trys to get it banned has an agenda against rangers

that is true

'simple answer be a puppet of the people with an agenda against all things rangers and DONT SING IT'

The way i see it the ones who want to continue singing the Billy Boys are the ones who don't believe the media,who don't read the papers and who won't bow to Roman influence.

The ones who want to stop singing it are easily led by the club and the media. The "Chamberlains" of the support as i call them.

If the club asked them to stop wearing blue to a match as it might offend i have no doubt the vast majority of the "Chamberlains" would do it.

Some are sheep in life and some are able to think for themselves and see the bigger picture.

I want us to stop singing it and I dont believe anything I read in Newspapers - on the rare occasion I actually buy one and read the Sport section

People aren't that easily defined - it's not black and white when it comes to this argument

You want it stopped presumably because you think it's Sectarian.What we'll never know is whether you formed that opinion based on the media and their relentless crusade against us or of your own accord for reasons i will never understand nor agree with.

I'd just rather sing about Rangers - I have absolutely no desire to sing about 'F*nians'

What's that got to do with us?

I wonder what Travelings perception of the word F*nian means to him he hasn't clearly stated that yet.

I wonder what Travelings perception of the word F*nian means to him he hasn't clearly stated that yet.

As I understand it 'F*nian' is a member of an Irish Republican movement

Rangers have a very proud Unionist and, yes, Protestant tradition - nothing to be ashamed of and well worth celebrating

It is not worth celebrating if it manifests itself in emtpy headed Bigotry ('FTP') and songs about Ulster Paramilitarys

Emtpy headed Bigotry :rolleyes: again i will ask you what is bigot because it's obvious that you only use that word against Rangers fans?

That is pompous tripe

pompous tripe

This is not true

im saying that anyone who tries to get it banned has an agenda against rangers

that is true

'simple answer be a puppet of the people with an agenda against all things rangers and DONT SING IT'

then should we stop homecoming parades for the troops be puppets of the muslim extremists and dont parade

where will the appeasement end

maybe rangers should just play in yellow

Rangers have a very proud Unionist and, yes, Protestant tradition - nothing to be ashamed of and well worth celebrating

It is not worth celebrating if it manifests itself in emtpy headed Bigotry ('FTP') and songs about Ulster Paramilitarys

Emtpy headed Bigotry :rolleyes: again i will ask you what is bigot because it's obvious that you only use that word against Rangers fans?

No, Celtic have plenty of Bigots - as have we, something you cant seem to accept

So then do you have sympathy for the Republican movement?

Where did THAT come from???

You said it not me

If i recall you wouldn't sing anything with the word F*nian in it.

You said it not me

He mentioned nothing about having sympathy for the Republican movement, more shite talk :rolleyes:.

You said it not me

No I dont have sympathy for them

I believe we live in a democracy and the majority of Northern Ireland want to stay part of the UK so that's the way it should be

No, Celtic have plenty of Bigots - as have we, something you cant seem to accept

If you only think that thats being a bigot then i think you need to open your eyes mate?

If you only think that thats being a bigot then i think you need to open your eyes mate?

Sorry, you've lost me here

the thing is I WILL BE SINGING IT this year along with thousands of others

if the powers that be want it to stop then either all fans cease with such songs or none

if you dont want to sing it dont; but dont ask me or others to stop