*** 26th June Round of 16 Games Thread ***

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edu. :praise: Probably could have won tonight if he went with him instead of Clark. Altidore reminds me of Heskey.

In a way, Altidore was like Heskey, but he did well in the US-Algeria game. He was way off. Thinking about this game, I have to agree 100% with TG that Bradley should have started Edu and Gomez. That worked well also when they started in the game against Algeria.

Edu was close to heading the ball, but it was a bit way over him. Darn!

NOLUWDC, you are about 8 posts before you hit the 10,000 posts milestone.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Edu. :praise: Probably could have won tonight if he went with him instead of Clark. Altidore reminds me of Heskey.

In a way, Altidore was like Heskey, but he did well in the US-Algeria game. He was way off. Thinking about this game, I have to agree 100% with TG that Bradley should have started Edu and Gomez. That worked well also when they started in the game against Algeria.

Edu was close to heading the ball, but it was a bit way over him. Darn!

Yeah, Edu went pretty close with that header :disappointment:

It's probably a knee jerk reaction, but I do wonder what Bob Bradley's future is as head coach.

A good question, tho. I'm sure USSF will evaluate Bob Bradley. Hmmm... I understand that his record so far is 39-18-8, not exactly sure of that's the right W-L-D record. Oh, I was watching the postgame interview, and did he really say, "overtime" or "extra time"? The captionist typed, "overtime."

Without it being a stand out game, I couldn't take my eyes off it. Thought both teams did well, Ghana shading it though.

For a young boy, Mo was outstanding! Ran his arse off & played a few telling passes. Close with that header too.

Chin up guys......you did welll! (tu)

Very disappointed and sad for Edu. He played well against Algeria should have kept his place. He helped calm things down when he came in tonight and we probably would've won the game if he started. I hope he takes the disappointment and uses it as fuel to have a great season for Rangers.

I feel sorry for you guys, but the better team really did go through tonight.

Give it another generation and US Soccer will be a force to be reckoned with.

I think if we didn't come out so flat in the first half, and had Bradley gone with Edu/Gomez over his favorites Clark/Findley to begin with, we would have fared much better.

It just sucks as people were really starting to get into the World cup and the national team, and then that abruptly ends

Just remember, that even with setbacks it's a sentiment thats growing every year.

I mean they pretty much trebled their viewing figures for this WC in the US didn't they? And that's when the timing of the games was much worse for the average American to watch

Well, CG, I have July and August to wait before the NFL starts again in September. Looking forward to the Minnesota Vikings playing at the New Orleans Saints on September 2, 2010 at 7:30 pm.

Sorry... y'all go ahead and carry on with the WC.

I'm looking forward to another season in the AFC North, but only after the WC. :pipe:

ClintonGrey :pipe:

Fake Football mentioned in the WC Forum :angry: