Timothy and their tales - summer signings 2010

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of.

Apparently Sascha Baron Cohen hasn't taken up his option for the sequel and the working title at the moment is:

Boruc: Goalkeeping howlers and bum sex for make benefit of defeated UEFA Cup semi-finalists 2008.

Gossip from an acquaintance of the green and grey persuasion...supposed to be confirmed in 48hrs :BELM:

JOE Ledley was in Glasgow last night as Celtic gained the upper hand in the battle for the player.

Parkhead manager Neil Lennon is desperate to land the outgoing Cardiff midfielder and is locked in a fight with Stoke and West Brom for his signature.

The 23-year-old had an initial round of talks with Celtic three weeks ago but Stoke boss Tony Pulis stepped in and offered a four-year deal worth £20,000 a week.

But Celtic refused to give up and Ledley returned to Glasgow after the Hoops made a counter offer.

West Brom have also launched an 11th-hour bid but Lennon is refusing to let go on his target and hopes to pip the pair.

Ledley is expected to make a final decision this week after six weeks of negotiations.

Lennon has already signed Charlie Mulgrew and Cha Du-Ri as his reshaping of the squad gathers pace.

I actually really like ledley as a player and wish we would make a move for him. I still believe he will got to Stoke as there is no proof as far as im aware that he was even here. Altho Whittingham imo is the better of the 2 Cardiff players, doubt we could afford him

OE LEDLEY will sign for Celtic within the next 24 hours, WalesOnline understands.

Ledley will fly to Scotland this evening to seal his move to the Glasgow giants after turning down a four-year contract offer from Premiership Stoke City.

The out-of-contract star's future had been subject to speculation throughout the summer, but the lure of a £25,000-a-week contract and European football tipped the balance in Celtic's favour.

The 24-year-old's decison means Cardiff City will miss out on a £3 million windfall that would have been due to them had Ledley moved to a club in the English pyramid system.

Fifa rules over international transfers mean that Celtic do not have to pay the compensation to the Bluebirds that Stoke would have.

For the full story on Ledley's move, read tomorrow's South Wales Echo

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/ledley_celtic_bound_535846/index.shtml

Muff i have read elsewhere that ledley was weighing up his options and it was believed ra barca were not his first choice. Danny wilson was away in 48 hours 2 months ago so i will wait till its done. Wee bit gutted liked ledley but as i said elsewhere id prefer whittingham

I'm not really that bothered about them signing Joe Ledley, I don't think he is anything special tbh - they may make a bit of money on him in the future...

I'm not really that bothered about them signing Joe Ledley, I don't think he is anything special tbh - they may make a bit of money on him in the future...

I agree, he was a better player before the injury, and showed nothing in the Play-Offs.

First McCulloch tackle to the knee should do the trick :wink:

I agree, he was a better player before the injury, and showed nothing in the Play-Offs.

McCulloch shouldn't be in the team ffs.

Muff i have read elsewhere that ledley was weighing up his options and it was believed ra barca were not his first choice. Danny wilson was away in 48 hours 2 months ago so i will wait till its done. Wee bit gutted liked ledley but as i said elsewhere id prefer whittingham

If only we were in the position to have a choice! Whittingham has always impressed me too.

McCulloch shouldn't be in the team ffs.

Lol, you're never happy.

First [insert Player Name Here] tackle to the knee should do the trick :wink:

If only we were in the position to have a choice! Whittingham has always impressed me too.

What kind of player is Whittingham? Havent seen much of Ledley but he's supposed to be pretty good according to a Leicester fan i work with. The likes of him, Campbell and Bullard are all good signings by SPL standards, the sort of players we should be going for. Starting to get a bit concerned about next season now - If Lennon is even an average manager it could be a difficult one. Boyd leaving is a massive loss in terms of goals, and if they have decided to take some risks and spend money it might be hard for us to compete.

What kind of player is Whittingham? Havent seen much of Ledley but he's supposed to be pretty good according to a Leicester fan i work with. The likes of him, Campbell and Bullard are all good signings by SPL standards, the sort of players we should be going for. Starting to get a bit concerned about next season now - If Lennon is even an average manager it could be a difficult one. Boyd leaving is a massive loss in terms of goals, and if they have decided to take some risks and spend money it might be hard for us to compete.

Bullard will be injured within 2 weeks , campbell is slow hence why Arsenal will not offer him a new deal ( even though neither of thse two have been signed ) put the noose away ffs , they are pish and we welcome the chase

hope he doesnt sign for them as they will make a big profit on him in the future going by previous bids for him. Dont think hes that special, look at the number of average spl players who have looked brilliant in the championship, burke mccormack adam etc

Bullard will be injured within 2 weeks , campbell is slow hence why Arsenal will not offer him a new deal ( even though neither of thse two have been signed ) put the noose away ffs , they are pish and we welcome the chase

Ledley, Bullard, Campbell... better than what they had last season - we aren't exactly the best of teams, and our squad is seriously lacking in quality and numbers.

celtc will be stronger than last season, will we?

so their midfield next season could be 4 from

ledley

brooninho

boateng - in training with them just now

bullard - just been on sky hes talking to celtc now

mcgready

maloney

mccourt

mcginn

ki sung

fuck sake, wages........no champs league........wages.........

<cr>

and that prick costafortune was also on skying begging bitter to go for keane again as well

campbell may come in at the back too

ffs

:lol:

what are we doing, still monitoring lee miller, gay mcauley and shying away from offering anyone 20k a week?! :(

oh, how i dearly hope Walter knows what hes doing, what am i on about, of course he does <cr>

maybe we should get the finger out though, next season will be abattle and a half and i cant wait!

bring the cunts on

lee mcculloch loyal :anguish:

McCulloch shouldn't better not be in the team ffs.

(tu)

Anyone who is 25 and comes to the SPL when they had offers from Prem clubs show a lack of ambition. Quite happy coming up here for the pay day and (mostly) easy games. Ledley doh

Would you be saying that if we signed him? :craphead: