Timothy and their tales - summer signings 2010

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of signing their defence has needed for a while.

Anyone who thinks Celtic will be as bad as last year is deluded, we'll have a smaller margin for error this season and that's why it's so important to get new players in!

I agree we won't get off with dropping points this season

interesting comment by AEK fan.....

Honestly,not that sorry to see him go even though i met him in Australia and he seemed like a down to earth guy.Think his level is a little below what’s expected in Greece,too slow,took too long on the ball and his passes to midfield were heart in the mouth stuff at times.Need cover and quickly,only Dellas and Manolas with Jahic i suppose as backup.Dellas can’t last a full season so any suggestions?????How about Tavlaridis,whatever happened to him,was on our books once upon a time,or is Kyriakos coming back??????

http://aekarchives.wordpress.com/2010/08/13/daniel-majstorovic-is-gone/

Everyone was saying this last year as well....on paper their team is definitely stronger, but there are so many other factors to take into consideration as well. When was the last time any team won the league after replacing the majority of the previous year's starting XI?

I cant understand how you can say this. Seriously what players in their team would you have in ours ahead of who we have.

Everyone was saying this last year as well....on paper their team is definitely stronger, but there are so many other factors to take into consideration as well. When was the last time any team won the league after replacing the majority of the previous year's starting XI?

They only signed three or four players last summer if a remember correctly, they had their influx in January but we already had a 10 point lead.

But i'm not just talking about their signings, i don't see the current management letting them have another season like the last one. Lennon is a winner and he'll be more determined than anyone to stop us winning four titles in a row, he won't have a 'footballing philosophy' like Mowbray, he'll have them kick their way to victory if it's needed especially in games against us.

We still have a good chance of winning the league provided we get some new players in and we obviously have a management team that knows how to win trophies, all i'm saying is it'll be a smaller margin for error as despite winning the league with 3 games to spare we did drop some stupid points. I can't see Celtic having another season where the drop points every other home game and lose 4-0 to St Mirren.

Not than ours, I'm saying that they, on the whole, have better players than they did last season.

doh For some reason i managed to not read the first part lol and went straight to the stronger on paper part.

I agree though they do have a better squad this year than last.

They are stronger than last season in terms of what has left, and been brought in. But they now have a squad of 30+ and they may even add more, so it's going to be hard to keep everyone happy.

Out; McGeady, Sheridan, Boruc, McManus, Mizuno, Zhi, Naylor

In; Mulgrew, Cha Du-Ri, Ledley, Murphy, Juarez, Hooper, Kayal, Majstorovic

I couldn't really give a shit what they do, we have to concentrate on ourselves, and that means keeping the likes of McGregor, Bougherra, Davis etc, and getting in the three or four players we require. If we fail to get in these players, then we are in for a long, tough season, because at this moment in time, the squad doesn't have enough to compete throughout the course of a season. A few injuries/suspensions, and we are in trouble.

They are stronger than last season in terms of what has left, and been brought in. But they now have a squad of 30+ and they may even add more, so it's going to be hard to keep everyone happy.

I couldn't really give a shit what they do, we have to concentrate on ourselves, and that means keeping the likes of McGregor, Bougherra, Davis etc, and getting in the three or four players we require. If we fail to get in these players, then we are in for a long, tough season, because at this moment in time, the squad doesn't have enough to compete throughout the course of a season. A few injuries/suspensions, and we are in trouble.

add another

Motagua defender Emilio Izaguirre is confident he will be a success at Celtic ahead of completing his switch to Parkhead. SSN

You seem to forget that they have also lost Keane, Kamara, N`Guemo and 1 or 2 others if Im`e not mistaken.

For a club who have posted terrible financial results for the previous six months and have another season of no CL income they seem to be putting a lot of faith and cash in a manager who will implode personally if Rangers mange to get a good lead over them this season.

I think he's 32 not 34...

RAceltic's squad is looking much stronger than last season, theres no doubt about it. Whether they gel together and produce the level of consistency required over the season is what is in question.

Rangers definitely need to sign 4 players ASAP or else we are in trouble this season. There is no question, we will pick up injuries and at present we simply don't have the quality to replace any main players. Our bunch of younger players I hate to say do not look capable of stepping up and becoming quality replacements.

As things stand at this present moment I fear we are in trouble this season.

Can someone tell me where them losing keane, borat, mcgayday, kamara, naylor, fox, hinkel(will certainly go) mcmanus, caldwell, mcdonald, robson has made them stronger?

Fuck all F*nian bastards let the cunts drown in there holy water. There weaker this year, there manager likes swallowing his tongue and the famine is over im sure theyl go home crabflute.gif