Timothy and their tales - summer signings 2010

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a good signing for them. Say what you like about Stokes but he's a proven SPL goalscorer. Problem the Lurgan bigot has is that I don't he understands the fact that you can only put 11 men on the park at any one time. His 1-1-9 formation is heading for a total disaster and I fancy motherwell to take a point off them at the weekend

I was reading an interview with Mourinho in the Independent yesterday, and I couldn't help but think that what he was saying about his Madrid team also applied to Celtic. he said that the top teams, such as Chelsea, Barcelona and Inter only needed to supplement their squad by no more than a few players per season- I guess this also applies to us. On the other hand, at Madrid, he says, they have to overhaul the playing staff and tactics- similar to Celtic, right? The only difference is that Madrid have Mourinho to help them gel, which I'm sure they will, while Celtic have an angry lemon.

Anyone else not rate stokes at all? Fair enough i think hes a good player for hibs, but thats it really.

He has a chronic record everywhere other than the SPL, but he'll probably score goals for the tims. Nothing to be scared of though. In saying that I'll be very surprised if Hibs dont hold out for an over the odds price for him.