Gai Assulin's been released today by Barcelona. Can play out wide, or as an attacking midfield, and is a fantastic prospect.

Now, he's already being linked with all the big English sides, and, depending on his priorities, that's probably us blown out of the water already. However, if he wants European football and the opportunity to regularly play in front of 50,000 fans every other week at one of the best known clubs in the world, he would do well to find a better place than here to do just that. Even if it was just as a stepping stone, I'm sure he'd thrive here.

Thoughts?

I very much doubt Rangers would have even watched him play, considering he has never kicked a ball for the Barcelona first-team, unless they watched the one Copa Del Rey game last season, and a few U-21 Israel internationals.

I have heard of him, but never seen him play, and that probably goes for the majority of people, unless you have Barcelona TV!?

For that reason, I'll pass.

Guest therabbitt

To be honest, the only time I've seen him was in the Wembley Cup. Other than that, I'm just going by blogs and podcasts.

....and FM surely.

I stopped playing that years ago and even I've heard of that promising youngster that you used to be able to sign on a free transfer in the first season with a -2 potential.

:P

To be honest, the only time I've seen him was in the Wembley Cup. Other than that, I'm just going by blogs and podcasts.

....and FM surely.

I stopped playing that years ago and even I've heard of that promising youngster that you used to be able to sign on a free transfer in the first season with a -2 potential.

:P

:lol: That too, thought I'd be slaughtered though!

Arsenal have been watching him for a while now and have been linked with moves before im sure the spanish experts all expected him to get game time towards the end of last season but it didnt com to fruit and with them signing Villa i pressume the best for al concerned ws to let him go

• 5 years later...