Being priced out of the market

Walter quoted in numerous papers this morning as saying we're being priced out of the transfers he'd preferred. No doubt this is down to the fact that the Championship in England is the stretch of our scouting imagination. <cr> <cr> <cr>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter quoted in numerous papers this morning as saying we're being priced out of the transfers he'd preferred. No doubt this is down to the fact that the Championship in England is the stretch of our scouting imagination. <cr> <cr> <cr>

The problem with looking in England is even players in League 1&2 are well over priced so the Championship are even higher. We should be looking abroad places like Africa, Eastern Europe and South America get some bargin buy in and sell them on at a higher price.

The problem with looking in England is even players in League 1&2 are well over priced so the Championship are even higher. We should be looking abroad places like Africa, Eastern Europe and South America get some bargin buy in and sell them on at a higher price.

And take an even bigger risk on players who haven't played here before and could be involved in the Copa America or African NAtions Cup

Our market is Britain and Europe but for a club with no money it matters not where we look.

yeah read that as well...it was opposite a headline blazing Ledley joining Celtic for free on 25k a week wages :(

depressing

I think our wage structure still allows us to sign good players in their early 20s from the continent.

I don't understand why we don't pitch ourselves as a place for these youngsters to play in the CL, win some trophies and add a tougher edge to their game and get a move to the EPL. I'd use Gattuso and Van Bronck as examples. There is also Boumsong, Ceullar and a few others.

I think our wage structure still allows us to sign good players in their early 20s from the continent.

I very much doubt that anyone at the club knows of any.

Justifiably. I mean they're all pansies on the continent, unable to meet the physical demands of the SPL or understand the SPL from an intellectual point of view.

smith bleating about being out priced, yet a team like uniera can build a team for less than 2 million..........is just a utter joke from smith. how watty can say that when there's a shit load of talent in europe just wait to be picked instead he's looking down south, come on walter ffs LOOK FURTHER ABROAD.

Signings must be right, no point in just signing someone for the sake of it, little money to work with, being priced out of the market... we hear it every fcuking year.

A player will be sold, making us even weaker, and the little money we have, will be spent on yet more average joe's.

How blatant does it have to be for walter and the scouts if any to realise that we cant compete with even championship teams so we need to start looking abroad at bringing in players hopefully help them progress into better players then if needs mean we have to sell them we can maybe make a profit

This is bullshit, we should do all we can to grab ledley. Offer him £26k a year & a 3 or 4 yeay contract then sell him a year or 2 later. It pure profit. We are stupid to sit back and let the thims grab all these players. There are so many good bosmans out there.

Lemmon is tryin as hard a he can to make watties last year a miserable 1. He is near enuf bagged himself 3 top players who will do well up here in Campbell, Bullard and Ledley. All these players they will have without spendin a penny. Wages may be high for campbell but still.

They are out findin all these deals that we cud find but fuck Bain is a lazy bassa who will do fuck all to make us a better team.

Bottom Line!! We Need Players and good ones.

Who will score 25+ goals for us next season. By the time we Bain and wattie get there finger out we will have signed nae cunt.

This is just the club's way of lowering the expectations of the support.

spot on.

it is their way of saying that we will not attract any "big" names.

Who wants a big name? Boogie and King Carlos were hardly big names but have done a good job and were value for money.

I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't have a look at some decent German and Dutch players. At least we'll know they can trap a ball and pass it which is more than can be said for the average British player.

WALTER SMITH has revealed he faces a mammoth battle to bolster his squad.

The Rangers boss claims inflated fees being demanded by clubs and players means he is struggling to attract fresh blood.

He said: "Market forces are against us right now and that is happening a lot.

"Everyone says we have a small group of players and that we will need to bring new ones in. Of course, that is correct.

"When we're looking around it's difficult to achieve the balance of getting the level of player you want given the level of finance available.

"So that's the task that faces us and we'll obviously try to bring in the best we possibly can."

Striker Kris Boyd, Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley and Stevie Smith have already quit the club.

But the Gers boss has not given up hope of having fresh faces on the plane when they fly to Sydney for a pre-season tour on July 20.

But he said: "I'd hope to have new faces in before we go but it is not something we are going to dive into.

"In the past through different circumstances the club have maybe had to do that and it has not worked out in the right way."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3045449/Walt-worry.html#ixzz0t5SRrFod

This is just the club's way of lowering the expectations of the support.

spot on.

it is their way of saying that we will not attract any "big" names.

Who wants a big name? Boogie and King Carlos were hardly big names but have done a good job and were value for money.

I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't have a look at some decent German and Dutch players. At least we'll know they can trap a ball and pass it which is more than can be said for the average British player.

Sadly i think even the £2-3 million players like Cuellar & Bougherra are now outwith our price range but would agree we should be looking overseas for younger,ambitious players rather than the vastly over-inflated Brittish market.