A-preciates

G-erry

A-dams

S-tupid

A-rsehole

K-iddyfiddling

I-ncest fucker.

:pipe:

Seriousily though, they should use a bit of common sense, things like FTP TFIO etc fair enough, but nicknames?

Hahaha, fuckin class mate!!!!

Aye i know - its fuckin ridiculous.

Bring back 'The Rangers Shop' - even the tims didnae sell out their shop!

p.s

Bigoted

Evangelical

Nutter!!!! ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nagasaki?!? Your at it mate.

N-obody

A-preciates

G-erry

A-dams

S-tupid

A-rsehole

K-iddyfiddling

I-ncest fucker.

Seriousily though, they should use a bit of common sense, things like FTP TFIO etc fair enough, but nicknames?

Hahaha, fuckin class mate!!!!

Aye i know - its fuckin ridiculous.

Bring back 'The Rangers Shop' - even the tims didnae sell out their shop!

p.s

Bigoted

Evangelical

NutterNymphomaniac !!!! ;)

:lol:

I know mate, JJB is a dive. Hopefully you can get your name printed somewere else (tu)

I think some people have short memories.

The JJB money upfront, allowed Rangers to pay the bank some of the debt back.

It's not ideal, but I didn't see anyone else offering £18 Million in a lump sum.

What's that got to do with getting his shirt printed?

What pisses me off about the JJB deal is the tims have a high-street store up here and we don't. We used to have one conveniently next to an Orange store (mhanks hated that! :lol: ), and to make things worse some shops like Debenhams stock celtic merchandise but not ours. On the whole we're got far less visible presence up here as a result, and you see way more tim tops than a few years ago. :anguish:

I think some people have short memories.

The JJB money upfront, allowed Rangers to pay the bank some of the debt back.

It's not ideal, but I didn't see anyone else offering £18 Million in a lump sum.

Short memories? :lol: nonsense

What was the reason we needed the money in the first place? The answer is coz Murray made a cunt of our club and finances by letting wee Dick spend what he wanted(even though the deal was done after he left, we felt his spending long after he was gone!) and from borrowing tens of millions from the bank we would never get back!

No its not ideal, its a disgrace, we should not have needed a lump sum of 18m for any reason, its no way to run any Scottish football club no matter how big or small!

anyway Wardens right fuck all to do with the topic in hand, probably my fault for bringing it up earlier! :)

(tu)

What pisses me off about the JJB deal is the tims have a high-street store up here and we don't. We used to have one conveniently next to an Orange store (mhanks hated that! :lol: ), and to make things worse some shops like Debenhams stock celtic merchandise but not ours. On the whole we're got far less visible presence up here as a result, and you see way more tim tops than a few years ago. :anguish:

we have a far less visible presense all over the world mate

our marketing and merchandising is not even close to being good enough

(tu)

Nagasaki?!? Your at it mate.

N-obody

A-preciates

G-erry

A-dams

S-tupid

A-rsehole

K-iddyfiddling

I-ncest fucker.

:clap:

Not only the lettering but stock levels are a disgrace.Tried to get some training gear from JJB Renfrew for my nephews birthday and there was nothing.The deal was nothing more than a short term fix to get us out the shit.

No bonus even when we made the UEFA Cup final shows how bad this deal really is.

Not only the lettering but stock levels are a disgrace.Tried to get some training gear from JJB Renfrew for my nephews birthday and there was nothing.The deal was nothing more than a short term fix to get us out the shit.

No bonus even when we made the UEFA Cup final shows how bad this deal really is.

(tu)

i still havnt got my wee boy the kids strip, went to craigleith last week and they had more septic stuff than gers stuff, no kids gear so i walked back out and havnt bothered to get it, cant be bothered and refuse to buy online.

i used to spend a fortune in the george street shop, shame its gone, it had everything a fan could want or need

The Renfrew JJB is a shop waiting to be shut down - its like the shitty kind of clearance store ye find in Livingstone or something. as soon as B&Q closed down there, the rest of the shops remained remote - yet Rangers kept the contract with these losers.

The sooner this contract runs out the better.

Get our tops back in ALL mainstream shops

Get our brand back and lose the JJB link

Get our P.R department (if we have one!) to get their finger out and start spreading our name all over the globe - im sick of going to places abroad, i.e Magaluf, Benidorm etc, to find tims tops, man utd tops and real madrid tops - yet no sign of the Rangers - ok, most of them are pishy copies etc, but we need to plug the name.

JJB was the worst shop to pick out of them all anyway, its pish at everything.

I've said it on here before but, in Worcester (where I have been for the past 3 years for uni) and the nearby cities like Birmingham and Kidderminster, there are numerous JJBs and never once have I seen a solitary Rangers shirt, never mind any other branch of merchandise. Plenty of taig shirts (usually on the cheap since no fucker wants them :sherlock: ) but never any Rangers stuff.

It's been an abhorrent deal for Rangers and has easily set us back 5-10 years in terms of global growth when you consider that in the meantime, them over the city have branched out into Asia and reinforced their presence both nationally (Scotland and the UK) and in North America.

And don,t forget to include the cost savings from the rent, rates, salary and other generaal overheads from running the shops.

I am also pretty sure that the money we made was more than the turnover from the shops.

And don,t forget to include the cost savings from the rent, rates, salary and other generaal overheads from running the shops.

I am also pretty sure that the money we made was more than the turnover from the shops.

it was

but lets not get in the way of a good old murray rant eh :pipe:

where did that 18m pounds go again? :lol:

3m per year on merchandising is pathetic

whens the last year jjb hit any targets? what was that small percentage anyway? they were almost out of business last year, they are shite shops with a shite brand name and more septic stuff than gers stuff in their shops around scotland too

we didnt make more money from the jjb deal, we lost millions

despite those over-heads from our own club shops ACE is talking about we still managed to make more than every other club in scotland from merhcandising including celtic!

i would love to know where your defence of the man who took us to the brink comes from? <cr>

the 18m down payment was not to progress our club or brand it was to get murray out of a financial hole he got us in, he tried to cover for one financial mistake by making another one!

theere is a difference between turnover and profit. The turnover from tthe shops was great but the actual profit from them waas less than the money we received from the jjb deal .. At least tat was how i remember it.

I am pposting from my phone so can't delve into the facts.

2 years ago the guy in front of me at JJB in Dumfries got Nakamura 8 My Dog on his with no bother at all...!?

Must depend on who is working the counter at the time....some wankers play everything "by the book" no matter how ridiculous!!! Arseholes!

Two years ago in the Dumfries JJB some celtic fan got "Champions 09" on the back of his top, no bother either.

I caddied for Dave Whelan's right hand man, I asked him about a few points raised in this thread; name printing, low stock levels, lack of quality, more celtc, Man U etc items, and I didn't get a very good response. Pretty much blamed the club, kit makers, merchandise deals Rangers agree... He said that there is a bigger demand for other clubs goods (which I told him was bullshit), re the name printing, he said that there were only certain things that were allowed to be printed and if the person working did not feel comfortable printing it, then it wouldn't be done. I asked him why stores in England don't sell Rangers items yet other Scottish clubs and he again stated that its down to Rangers and where they wish for their stock to be put out on sale.

I was in a JJB store yesterday July 11th in Belfast with my son and it took me almost 5 minutes and 2 trips around the entire store before I came across anything Rangers. Its getting worse and when I did find something it was 2 small racks of the new home kit and last seasons training gear.

Absolute disgrace of a deal regardless of finance. Our brand needs to be out there at the forefront of sport shops not hidden away with the alternatives and shite.

where did that 18m pounds go again? :lol:

3m per year on merchandising is pathetic

whens the last year jjb hit any targets? what was that small percentage anyway? they were almost out of business last year, they are shite shops with a shite brand name and more septic stuff than gers stuff in their shops around scotland too

we didnt make more money from the jjb deal, we lost millions

despite those over-heads from our own club shops ACE is talking about we still managed to make more than every other club in scotland from merhcandising including celtic!

i would love to know where your defence of the man who took us to the brink comes from? <cr>

the 18m down payment was not to progress our club or brand it was to get murray out of a financial hole he got us in, he tried to cover for one financial mistake by making another one!

the 18mill went straight to the clubs debt at the time, google it, there is many links mate to the news stories at the time

and as for 3 mill a year, considering rangers dont pay for ANYTHING to get that 3mill a year from JJB (no rent, utilities, maintenance etc for the shops, no wages, training etc for the staff who work in the shops) thats a decent deal

as for turnover, yes JJB nearly went bust, but who's to say in the financial shitehole the world is in the now that stand alone rangers shops would be thriving, if an all round sports retailer like JJB couldnt get the sales, what makes you think a shop dedicated to one half of the old firm would make money

I was in a JJB store yesterday July 11th in Belfast with my son and it took me almost 5 minutes and 2 trips around the entire store before I came across anything Rangers. Its getting worse and when I did find something it was 2 small racks of the new home kit and last seasons training gear.

Absolute disgrace of a deal regardless of finance. Our brand needs to be out there at the forefront of sport shops not hidden away with the alternatives and shite.

The one in Princes Street Edinburgh is a disgrace as well. A choice of about 5 things if you are lucky. There was more celtic/man u even Arsenal things doh