Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surpised if we do announce a signing this week, we all konw how the club seems to like to placate us after big sales. I'm sure they'll have something planned, even if it's just some SPL diddy or someone when(if?) the Thomson transfer goes through.

I'd like to see Chris Eagles at Rangers, good young player who plays out wide and with a resale value as well if he turns it on in the SPL. But cant see it happening for now, it looks like Andrew Shinnie or Andy Little will be playing out on the right next season as it stands.

i want rfc52 to come on after tomorrow afternoon with his tail firmly between his legs

Well I hope you're right mate.

Would love to see eagles up here.

Can you pm me your source?

Losing Kevin Thomson's a blow but one from which we can recover, we lost better midfielders in Mendes and Ferguson and still went on to win the title.

Another point, we're pretty well off for central midfielders but woefully short of guys that can play in the wider positions, Davis being the exception. I suppose what I'm saying here is that Eagles may bring a balance to the team in an area that's been a problem for a long time now and for me that softens the blow of Thomson moving.We have to take the two million on offer as it makes good business sense as he only has 12 months remaining of his current contract.

I've also been told by a major sponsor at Rangers that Eagles will be at Murray Park for signing talks tomorrow afternoon.... the same guy told me about Mendes joining us long before the press got hold of it.

I think he may well be our first major signing for some time - here's hoping.

I hope this rumour is true and that marko is not full of BS with his "source".

Chris Eagles is exactly the type of player we are lacking, whereas McCulloch, Edu, and KT are all similar players and therefore expendable. The deal makes sense, we have too many CM's and no wingers/creative players. I would rather it was McCulloch who left of the three but that isn't the case - c'est la vie.

Chris Eagles would be a good standard of player to bring in considering our situation. However, I am pretty sure it won't happen.